1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

If offered trade, Favre doubts he'd accept

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8

2. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    THanks for posting this, I didnt think he would go to another team thank god.....:) NOw lets win some games...

3. majikman

majikman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Amazing.

And yet there will still be Packer "fans" who bag him this year.

What more does the guy have to do for the city of Green Bay, Wisconsin?

4. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hes done so much already, we need NOT to trash him...

5. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    IF/When his teamates bash him, thats the only bashing that needs to be spoke about.

Random people sharing their random opinion are NOTHING to get worked up on.

6. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

7. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    The things that are happening now? You mean throwing for 3 TD and over 300 yards?

8. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If he gave back his salary for the year and said "sign some players, I will play for free", then I think that you could say "What more does the guy have to do for the city". Brett is more than fairly compensated for his performance. His salary is about 10% of the total cap.

9. calicheesehead

calicheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    True, but he has had it restructured several times to get players in Green and Gold. Can't blame him for the salary he's earned. It may be 10% of the cap but he's 70% the reasoning we gain yards and are even in games.

10. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

11. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    The man bleeds Green and Gold. His future will be secured as maybe the greatest player ever to wear the Green and Gold. He will soon have a statue of himself in front of Lambeau field. The man understand loyalty, I hope Ted Thompson does too.

12. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Thank you. Everyone that is "boo hooing" "poor Brett" seems to forget the millions of dollars he makes/has made.

13. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Like I said on several other threads, I want him to break both Marino's TD record and Elway's most wins record in a PACKER uniform. :)

I'm just hoping he plays one more year after this.

14. Yared-Yam

Yared-Yam Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If you heard the whole interview on the radio he sounds pretty sincere.

He doesn't want to leave.

15. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    word, homie

16. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the piece Z2C,

Nice to know he is staying but now I don't know what to think about his previous comments about going soewhere else if Green Bay told him they were going in a new direction.

The man bleeds green and gold, that's for sure. Now it's time to get him some O-line help, a running game and another reciever so he may consider staying another year !!!

17. Buckeyepackfan

Buckeyepackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Let's not forget that Brett signed a 10yr..100million dollar contract, what 8 or 9 years ago.
    Was a good move by management and Brett at the time. Brett was at his very best when he signed the contract, he didn't have to sign such a long term deal, and probably could have made a lot more money if he had signed a 3-5 year deal.
    So although Brett has made a lot of money, if you look at it in the big picture, he has saved The Packers a lot of money also.

Which they need since they just spent 52 million dollars for a cover corner who can't seem to be able to do his job, and 10 million on a safety who has yet to show up on Sunday.

18. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I think the only way Brett would do it is if the Packers were to get something really good in the deal, like two 1st rd picks or something. I think that's the only time he'd consider it.

19. majikman

majikman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Is the man supposed to be a martyr and play for free in the NFL?

Nobody does that. I think the Packer organization has made a lot more off of Brett Favre than Brett Favre has made off the Packer organization.

Besides..he's got to feed his family.

20. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    What???? Cletidus Hunt made millions too. So did Tony Mandarich. T.O. makes millions. Randy Moss makes millions.

Do you get what I'm getting at? You can't name one player in the history of the NFL that has done as much for a City and franchise as Brett Favre has for Green Bay and the Packers.

21. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    correct me if i'm wrong but didn't brett take some sort of 'pay cut' so the team could keep some players & remain under the cap?? i know if i'm wrong - you'll be quick to correct me.

i won't speak for anyone else but i am not "boo hooing poor brett" but i'm also not ever going to forget his loyalty to the team & the city. those of you who have or will?? talk to me in a season or two when brett's gone.

22. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Brett, on a couple of occasions, took a restructuring of his salary to help out the Packers. Don't confuse this with a paycut.

Favre has deserved every penny er...million he has earned. He honored every contract and has been nothing but loyal to the Packers, the City of GB, the State of WI, and all the Packer fans. I understand his not wanting to learn a new system. He wouldn't take a trade just because it would be a plus for the packers. He is loyal, but not stupid. He doesn't want to play for another team and if the packers did try and trade him I think he would then just retire and not worry about it.

His biggest concern of the future is what type of mower to get.

23. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks tripp - i thought he'd done something but i couldn't remember the exact details. :D

24. majikman

majikman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know about that. He's got to be looking at his buddy Steve McNair and wondering....

25. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Yeah, lets compare McNair to Favre.

How many championships does McNair have? McNair has how many MVP? One? Who's won more games? Played in more playoffs? TDs? Games consectively played?

I'm at work so I have to stop there but you got the idea.