If offered trade, Favre doubts he'd accept

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Quarterback Brett Favre said he doubts he would accept a trade to a contending team if Green Bay Packers General Manager Ted Thompson approached him with an offer in hand.

At his bi-weekly press conference Wednesday, Favre was asked what he would do if Tampa Bay coach Jon Gruden or Washington coach Joe Gibbs called the Packers with an attractive offer.

“First of all, I don’t ever foresee that happening,â€

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Amazing.

And yet there will still be Packer "fans" who bag him this year.

What more does the guy have to do for the city of Green Bay, Wisconsin?

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
IF/When his teamates bash him, thats the only bashing that needs to be spoke about.

Random people sharing their random opinion are NOTHING to get worked up on.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Quarterback Brett Favre said he doubts he would accept a trade to a contending team if Green Bay Packers General Manager Ted Thompson approached him with an offer in hand.

At his bi-weekly press conference Wednesday, Favre was asked what he would do if Tampa Bay coach Jon Gruden or Washington coach Joe Gibbs called the Packers with an attractive offer.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
majikman said:
Amazing.

If he gave back his salary for the year and said "sign some players, I will play for free", then I think that you could say "What more does the guy have to do for the city". Brett is more than fairly compensated for his performance. His salary is about 10% of the total cap.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True, but he has had it restructured several times to get players in Green and Gold. Can't blame him for the salary he's earned. It may be 10% of the cap but he's 70% the reasoning we gain yards and are even in games.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerChick said:
Zero2Cool said:

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The man bleeds Green and Gold. His future will be secured as maybe the greatest player ever to wear the Green and Gold. He will soon have a statue of himself in front of Lambeau field. The man understand loyalty, I hope Ted Thompson does too.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
majikman said:
Amazing.

If he gave back his salary for the year and said "sign some players, I will play for free", then I think that you could say "What more does the guy have to do for the city". Brett is more than fairly compensated for his performance. His salary is about 10% of the total cap.

Thank you. Everyone that is "boo hooing" "poor Brett" seems to forget the millions of dollars he makes/has made.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I said on several other threads, I want him to break both Marino's TD record and Elway's most wins record in a PACKER uniform. :)

I'm just hoping he plays one more year after this.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
4thand26 said:
majikman said:
Amazing.

Thank you. Everyone that is "boo hooing" "poor Brett" seems to forget the millions of dollars he makes/has made.

word, homie

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the piece Z2C,

Nice to know he is staying but now I don't know what to think about his previous comments about going soewhere else if Green Bay told him they were going in a new direction.

The man bleeds green and gold, that's for sure. Now it's time to get him some O-line help, a running game and another reciever so he may consider staying another year !!!

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's not forget that Brett signed a 10yr..100million dollar contract, what 8 or 9 years ago.
Was a good move by management and Brett at the time. Brett was at his very best when he signed the contract, he didn't have to sign such a long term deal, and probably could have made a lot more money if he had signed a 3-5 year deal.
So although Brett has made a lot of money, if you look at it in the big picture, he has saved The Packers a lot of money also.

Which they need since they just spent 52 million dollars for a cover corner who can't seem to be able to do his job, and 10 million on a safety who has yet to show up on Sunday.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I think the only way Brett would do it is if the Packers were to get something really good in the deal, like two 1st rd picks or something. I think that's the only time he'd consider it.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
4thand26 said:
majikman said:
Amazing.

Is the man supposed to be a martyr and play for free in the NFL?

Nobody does that. I think the Packer organization has made a lot more off of Brett Favre than Brett Favre has made off the Packer organization.

Besides..he's got to feed his family.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
4thand26 said:
majikman said:
Amazing.

What???? Cletidus Hunt made millions too. So did Tony Mandarich. T.O. makes millions. Randy Moss makes millions.

Do you get what I'm getting at? You can't name one player in the history of the NFL that has done as much for a City and franchise as Brett Favre has for Green Bay and the Packers.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Ryan said:
4thand26 said:
majikman said:
Amazing.

What???? Cletidus Hunt made millions too. So did Tony Mandarich. T.O. makes millions. Randy Moss makes millions.

Do you get what I'm getting at? You can't name one player in the history of the NFL that has done as much for a City and franchise as Brett Favre has for Green Bay and the Packers.

correct me if i'm wrong but didn't brett take some sort of 'pay cut' so the team could keep some players & remain under the cap?? i know if i'm wrong - you'll be quick to correct me.

i won't speak for anyone else but i am not "boo hooing poor brett" but i'm also not ever going to forget his loyalty to the team & the city. those of you who have or will?? talk to me in a season or two when brett's gone.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett, on a couple of occasions, took a restructuring of his salary to help out the Packers. Don't confuse this with a paycut.

Favre has deserved every penny er...million he has earned. He honored every contract and has been nothing but loyal to the Packers, the City of GB, the State of WI, and all the Packer fans. I understand his not wanting to learn a new system. He wouldn't take a trade just because it would be a plus for the packers. He is loyal, but not stupid. He doesn't want to play for another team and if the packers did try and trade him I think he would then just retire and not worry about it.

His biggest concern of the future is what type of mower to get.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trippster said:
Brett, on a couple of occasions, took a restructuring of his salary to help out the Packers. Don't confuse this with a paycut.

Favre has deserved every penny er...million he has earned. He honored every contract and has been nothing but loyal to the Packers, the City of GB, the State of WI, and all the Packer fans. I understand his not wanting to learn a new system. He wouldn't take a trade just because it would be a plus for the packers. He is loyal, but not stupid. He doesn't want to play for another team and if the packers did try and trade him I think he would then just retire and not worry about it.

His biggest concern of the future is what type of mower to get.

I don't know about that. He's got to be looking at his buddy Steve McNair and wondering....

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Yeah, lets compare McNair to Favre.

How many championships does McNair have? McNair has how many MVP? One? Who's won more games? Played in more playoffs? TDs? Games consectively played?

I'm at work so I have to stop there but you got the idea.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts