If anyone can do it, It's Detroit.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions have a better chance of beating the saints than the Falcons do.
Now I know the Lions already got beat by them earlier in the season but think about it.

If the Lions can put up another performance like that, in a dome, then they have atleast a shot at it.

And the one thing the Saints cant produce that the Packers did?
Turnovers.

Im telling you all. Watch out for the upset.

On the flipside, it would mean if we won, they would come back again to play us :p

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I think anyone has a better shot to beat the Saints then the Falcons do outside of maybe the Colts.

Call me crazy but I just never have been scared of the Saints. Or anyone. Why be scared? I have too much faith in these Packers. All this Saints love will just fuel them anyway.

My early season prediction was Packers over Ravens in the SB. I still think it could happen.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
If they don't commit so many retarded penalties, they can win.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I would lmao if the Lions won. I don't plan on it happening but it would be funny. The Lions sure can score.

Good God, thankfully we don't have to see ANOTHER Falcons at Saints game. Thank you Flynn.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Should be a better game then the Steelers D vs. the Broncos O.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
It's possible.

The Lions actually looked great today, yet no one seems to be giving them credit.

If they could run the ball well, I'd pick them against NO, but that's their problem. You have to run the ball well to win, you can't tell Stafford to go out there and throw it 50 times like he did today.
Last year I watched the Saints lose to Seattle in the playoffs where they had 450 total yards on offense, and of 450, 400 alone was from 60 pass attempts. Today, the Lions had 575 total yards, and of that number, 520 were from Stafford. No matter what people say about this being a quarterback league, the running game matters in the post season.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Personally I dont think itll happen, but they got a better chance than the stinkin Falcons

Atlanta is a HUGEEEEE disappointment. I of all people thought they would put a fight against the Saints that Monday night, since those teams were divisional, I thought it would be a 4-7 point game, not a 40 point beat down. They won't make it past Dallas/NY in the first round.

OP
OP
Greenbayphil

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Atlanta is a HUGEEEEE disappointment. I of all people thought they would put a fight against the Saints that Monday night, since those teams were divisional, I thought it would be a 4-7 point game, not a 40 point beat down. They won't make it past Dallas/NY in the first round.

Correct, I think it's fair to say we will likely be playing the winner of the NFC East.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
The Lions are a short tempered team, much like their scumbag coach. They are so easily drawn into jawing and shoving matches with opposing players. They are so easily baited. And I'm not necessarily calling the Saints dirty but they definitely instigated a lot of scuffles when they played the Lions, but it's not their fault the Lions can't keep their cool

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After the first game I suspected that the Saints had taken note of Detroit's tendency to lose control and purposefully baited them into a lot of penalties. I have no evidence of that, but it seemed that way.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think anyone has a better shot to beat the Saints then the Falcons do outside of maybe the Colts.

Call me crazy but I just never have been scared of the Saints. Or anyone. Why be scared? I have too much faith in these Packers. All this Saints love will just fuel them anyway.

My early season prediction was Packers over Ravens in the SB. I still think it could happen.

Jules, you sound ignorant with comments like these. The saints have an ELECTRIFYING offense and defense on par if not better than the packers/patriots.

_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers > Saints... whoarthou, prove me wrong. You Cannot.

When they beat the Packers you can say the Saints have the better offense...

and better than the Patriots?? HAHAHAHA, made me laugh!

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers > Saints... whoarthou, prove me wrong. You Cannot.

When they beat the Packers you can say the Saints have the better offense...

and better than the Patriots?? HAHAHAHA, made me laugh!

Huh? The saints defense is >>> patriots defense.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cannot prove you wrong xyn. I never said that the SAINTS are >>> packers. I said their defense MIGHT BE > green bay's, or at the very least are in similar stratospheres.

The packers O > the saints O. BUTTT, don't act like the saints have some shmuck offense. They broke most of the records sent be the early 2000 ram teams.

They are a dangerous team and overlooking them would be stupid

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
From watching the Saints week in and week out, I can tell you their defense tries a lot harder than both NE and GB. They limited Carolina to just 301 total yards today, on Monday Night against Atlanta, Turner only had 33 total yards on the ground. That's much better than what the Pack did today, giving up 575 to the Lions, and Stafford killing it with a career day of 520 yards through the air. whoartthou is right. As much as people hate the Saints and you can yell and cuss and call me names all you want, but the stats don't lie.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From watching the Saints week in and week out, I can tell you their defense tries a lot harder than both NE and GB. They limited Carolina to just 301 total yards today, on Monday Night against Atlanta, Turner only had 33 total yards on the ground. That's much better than what the Pack did today, giving up 575 to the Lions, and Stafford killing it with a career day of 520 yards through the air. whoartthou is right. As much as people hate the Saints and you can yell and cuss and call me names all you want, but the stats don't lie.

Don't forget to mention that the PATRIOTS we down 21-0 early because the D could not stop the bills offense at all. The good thing is, however, once bill belichick took control of the defense from the defensive coordinator, the patriots did not let the bills score in the 2nd half.

Regarding the packers, the thing i like about that defense is that they have so many potential playmakers. In essence, anything can happen with the packers. They could easily start playing like a boss defense.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Don't forget to mention that the PATRIOTS we down 21-0 early because the D could not stop the bills offense at all. The good thing is, however, once bill belichick took control of the defense from the defensive coordinator, the patriots did not let the bills score in the 2nd half.

Regarding the packers, the thing i like about that defense is that they have so many potential playmakers. In essence, anything can happen with the packers. They could easily start playing like a boss defense.

That's what makes them so disappointing. They HAVE talent. I don't think New England has near the number of play makers the Packers do. They have Vincent Wilfork, whom I like, Jerrod Mayo is OK, and Kyle Arrington is the best talent they have in that secondary, the rest are no name guys.

All year long I've got the impression the Packers defense wants to be bailed out by the offense, and they do almost every single game.

Leading the league in interceptions and ranked at 31st is just wrong.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Jules, you sound ignorant with comments like these. The saints have an ELECTRIFYING offense and defense on par if not better than the packers/patriots.
Oh nevermind. I forgot. The Packers are terrible. The Giants or Saints will destroy them. At least the pain will be over early. I will sit in the corner and pee my pants and stare at a poster of Drew Brees now.

Bunch of cowards. Have some faith in the Packers and stop showing so much fear all the time.. My #1 team is 2-14 for the season and getting the first pick in the draft is the highlight of the year. The Packers just finished 15-1 and people act like they are doomed.

Rodney Harrison already said the Saints are going to the SB. I guess it's been a nice year guys. Better luck next season.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score

You are a fan of both teams IMO. Like I am all for the Colts/Packers. People I know even say to me at times "Your Packers looked good this week" lol. They know I love both and get very defensive when the Packers are criticized. Nothing wrong with liking both teams Bogart.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
You are a fan of both teams IMO. Like I am all for the Colts/Packers. People I know even say to me at times "Your Packers looked good this week" lol. They know I love both and get very defensive when the Packers are criticized. Nothing wrong with liking both teams Bogart.

Well it's nothing wrong with it. Before the Saints, it was my beloved Houston Oilers whom I surely miss, still to this day. The Saints kinda grew on me more after the Oilers left, even though I had been to games as a kid. That's my family's team, and they stuck with them during the ugly years.

You can learn a lot being around fans of a losing team for so long, surely there are band wagonners when they start having success, but you can easily tell who was where when they sucked.

D

Dan115

Well it's nothing wrong with it. Before the Saints, it was my beloved Houston Oilers whom I surely miss, still to this day. The Saints kinda grew on me more after the Oilers left, even though I had been to games as a kid. That's my family's team, and they stuck with them during the ugly years.

You can learn a lot being around fans of a losing team for so long, surely there are band wagonners when they start having success, but you can easily tell who was where when they sucked.

I have been with The Packers since 61. I remember some really bad teams.

Members online

Latest posts