I am proud of the Packers

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am proud of my Green Bay Packers. They had every opportunity to point fingers and throw in the towel during that 4 game losing streak but they didn't. The Packers have outstanding players and leaders in the locker room. The coaching staff showed leadership and focus during that time. The team showed their fans and themselves the meaning of dedication, perseverance and professionalism. They beat the powerful Dallas Cowboys IN Dallas and made it to the NFCCG. That 8 game winning streak was magical and fun to watch. The team reaffirmed why I am such a huge Packer fan. Good Luck to Atlanta. Please beat the Patriots!

It was a great year and I am looking forward to next season! Go Pack Go!

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. We had a great run. I am also pushing for a Falcons victory. They played excellent football and I hope Ryan can finish a great year for them.

Bluegrass79

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm proud of offense. They were super bowl caliber. The defense was a 8-8 outfit at best and I'm not proud of that. Run defense was a point of pride at times this year though.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree... i'm proud of the packs and their accomplishments but to see them implode on the most important game before the SB is just hurting.

But then again i'm glad it was a blow out against an injured team than a close game where you're still sitting in front of the tv all night wondering what just happened. You know like what the Cowboy's fans are still doing after that tough loss.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Everything you said. I agree...but man o' livin' am I getting buried with smart *** memes from Vikings, Bears and Cowbags fans. Sheesh, one might think they were paying me back for something I may have said. What a bunch of soreheads. :devilish:

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The "Run The Table" streak was the most fun I've had watching the Packers. It was a truly epic run that I thought could have ended up resulting in one of the greatest seasons of all time, but we ran out of gas. I'm still hurting a little bit, but we still have at least 5 really great years left of AR12, the most talented QB I've ever seen.

Please, please can we get this man at least 1 more ring?

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
The "Run The Table" streak was the most fun I've had watching the Packers. It was a truly epic run that I thought could have ended up resulting in one of the greatest seasons of all time, but we ran out of gas. I'm still hurting a little bit, but we still have at least 5 really great years left of AR12, the most talented QB I've ever seen.

Please, please can we get this man at least 1 more ring?
C, you think you hurt now...I can't begin to describe the agony of watching a heavily favored Packers squad lose a Super Bowl. I warned my son to NOT watch it, but he did...he's never been the same. :( ...and mumbles all the time. If only he'd have listened....but noo-ooooo-ooo

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Going into yesterday's game I told my family that I was going to just enjoy the game and however it ended-up I was OK with. The team overachieved just getting to the NFCCG and it was a fun table-run. Injuries plagued the team all year, yet many played through and kept going. Randall had mid-season surgery and came back to play.

I'm a problem-solver so I have been and will continue offering Murphy, TT, MM & Capers my suggestions and advice, but I'm proud of the team for taking us into late January.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching aarons presser yesterday almost brought me to tears how he choked up about jordy and watching a couple of the guys locker room pressers almost brought me to tears again. They laid all on the line hell of a season when its all said and done.

Reaction score
I actually enjoyed this season more than most.
We went from big expectations of 13-3 arguments to breaking historic franchise records of most Defensive yardage given up in 70 years back to beating the #1 seed back to talking smack with real contenders about who would knock off the Patriots (Steelers fans can relate with us for sure)
This was a rollercoaster ride of emotions season and quite enjoyable to watch regardless of the outcome. Enjoyed chatting with each of you. I'll catcha y'all later when the smoke clears. ;)

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Everything you said. I agree...but man o' livin' am I getting buried with smart *** memes from Vikings, Bears and Cowbags fans. Sheesh, one might think they were paying me back for something I may have said. What a bunch of soreheads. :devilish:
My standard response to that is "and what was the score of your teams game this weekend again?"

D

Deleted member 6794

I agree that the team making it to the NFCCG after starting the season 4-6 was exciting but ultimately the Packers once again came up short of their goal.

The team overachieved just getting to the NFCCG and it was a fun table-run. Injuries plagued the team all year, yet many played through and kept going. Randall had mid-season surgery and came back to play.

I don´t consider a Super Bowl favorite losing in the NFCCG as overachieving. In addition the team missed only two week 1 starters at Atlanta therefore we should stop using injuries as an excuse.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that the team making it to the NFCCG after starting the season 4-6 was exciting but ultimately the Packers once again came up short of their goal.

I don´t consider a Super Bowl favorite losing in the NFCCG as overachieving. In addition the team missed only two week 1 starters at Atlanta therefore we should stop using injuries as an excuse.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

After going 4-6 can you honestly tell us that winning the Super Bowl was still a realistic outcome?
Heading into week 11 the Packers were without IR'd Sam Shields and Eddie Lacy. The injury report was: Out: TJ Lang, JC Tretter, Damarious Randall, & Jake Ryan. Questionable: Jared Cook & CM3. Did Not Participate or Limited in practices that week: Bakhtiari, Cobb, Hyde, Montgomery, & Rollins.

Week 12 injury report added as Out: Fackrell, Goodson & Martinez. Questionable: Barclay along with Randall & Ryan. DNP or Limited: Brice & Hyde.

Injuries WERE/ARE a valid excuse as many of those that DID play were significantly hampered. Maybe in your unwavering optimism you felt Super Bowl or Bust every minute of the season, but to many the injuries and losing streak tempered our optimism ~ they did OVERachieve, IMHO.

D

Deleted member 6794

After going 4-6 can you honestly tell us that winning the Super Bowl was still a realistic outcome?
Heading into week 11 the Packers were without IR'd Sam Shields and Eddie Lacy. The injury report was: Out: TJ Lang, JC Tretter, Damarious Randall, & Jake Ryan. Questionable: Jared Cook & CM3. Did Not Participate or Limited in practices that week: Bakhtiari, Cobb, Hyde, Montgomery, & Rollins.

Week 12 injury report added as Out: Fackrell, Goodson & Martinez. Questionable: Barclay along with Randall & Ryan. DNP or Limited: Brice & Hyde.

Injuries WERE/ARE a valid excuse as many of those that DID play were significantly hampered. Maybe in your unwavering optimism you felt Super Bowl or Bust every minute of the season, but to many the injuries and losing streak tempered our optimism ~ they did OVERachieve, IMHO.

Once again, according to a website tracking injuries in the NFL the Packers ranked only 19th in Injury Impact to Team Weighted Approximate Value. Therefore using injuries as an excuse for the Packers not making it to the Super Bowl is pretty lame.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaptainWIMM turned to the pessimistic side long ago. It's not worth challenging.

I just got back from jury duty. Seeing all of the "Fire ***" threads, I think that I'll wait a few more weeks to come back to the forums until all of the negative nancies have moved on to something else. See you guys in a while.

D

Deleted member 6794

CaptainWIMM turned to the pessimistic side long ago. It's not worth challenging.

I would rather consider my approach realistic. I´m sorry it seems you can´t handle other posters not putting on rose-colored glasses when talking about the Packers.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I just got back from jury duty. Seeing all of the "Fire ***" threads, I think that I'll wait a few more weeks to come back to the forums until all of the negative nancies have moved on to something else. See you guys in a while.

Good luck with that. I'm 71, so actuaries say you've got 15-20 years to wait. :)

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again, according to a website tracking injuries in the NFL the Packers ranked only 19th in Injury Impact to Team Weighted Approximate Value. Therefore using injuries as an excuse for the Packers not making it to the Super Bowl is pretty lame.

Not to mention the names on the list pkrjones posts. Barclay ? Goodson? Brice, etc, etc???
Yeah, hard to see us having any chance without all those future HOFers playing. LOL!!!

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to mention the names on the list pkrjones posts. Barclay ? Goodson? Brice, etc, etc???
Yeah, hard to see us having any chance without all those future HOFers playing. LOL!!!
What you genius(es) fail to realize while you're giggling in the corner "future HOFers, good one!"...
Goodson was playing because Rollins was OUT with a groin injury for the past 2 games. Randall was OUT recovering from sports hernia surgery for the 6 weeks prior. Barclay is significant as he's the first inside OL called on if a starter goes down. Spriggs is first backup OT unless needed inside.

Backups on the injury report ARE critical when they are expected to be starting or playing considerable minutes due to other injuries.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What you, genius, doesn't get is that pretty much all of those guys- including the starters they replaced- not only aren't difference makers, in many cases not having them on the field is addition by subtraction.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What you, genius, doesn't get is that pretty much all of those guys- including the starters they replaced- not only aren't difference makers, in many cases not having them on the field is addition by subtraction.
Right... so what YOU would rather see is more Joe Thomas covering Jamison Crowder situations which only go for 50+ yds. Where is the addition by subtraction when Gunter is forced to be #1 CB because Goodson is out? Let's put a hobbled Randall on their #1 WR instead and enjoy the success of that! smh

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I mean it's cool we made the conference championships but that's only because of the play of one man. football is a team sport. and right now we have a pretty mediocre team. and we've had a mediocre team for years now. someone has to take the fall for this fact. in my opinion, it should be ted thompson.

as for dom capers, I look at it like this. imagine that coordinating an nfl defense is like playing poker. dom capers can bluff and strategize all he likes, but if he only ever has s****y cards to play with, he's not going to have a very good poker game.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

I gotta say watching this Packer defense the last 6 years can turn anyone pessimistic even though its brutal honesty . Every year its the same story and then they blame injuries and MM comes out and says what an outstanding coach Dom Capers is like were so lucky to have him. Then everyone says its not Capers fault because TT doesnt get him the players he needs. Its like the yearly post season "circle jerk" that were so close to greatness and its gotten old. Would Vince Lombardi accept the "well get em next year" approach?

Fans will get excited with all this cap space that this is finally the year the team gets at least one "tier 1 free agent" that can help push us over the top but that will never happen and that will turn to draft picks that lead to many fans saying wtf.

I love tbe Packers and loved "the run" but this was Aaron Rodgers pulling rabits out of his *** and willing this team out of what could of easily been a 6-10 season. We were that close to 6-10 and becauae of Aaron Rodgers we still have TT,MM and Dom Capers selling us on how it will be difffetent next time while they continue to do the same things.

Last edited:

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right... so what YOU would rather see is more Joe Thomas covering Jamison Crowder situations which only go for 50+ yds. Where is the addition by subtraction when Gunter is forced to be #1 CB because Goodson is out? Let's put a hobbled Randall on their #1 WR instead and enjoy the success of that! smh

No, I'd rather have better players. My point being that the injury excuse doesn't wash.
Speak for yourself; I'll do my own talking.

Members online

Latest posts