How to spot a bandwagon GB Packers fan?

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd hire Matt Flynn to take his place.

Wow, that would be a freakishly scary Colts team right there. I mean, did you know Matt Flynn came back from an infinity-point deficit and won? Or that his spike of the football after a touchdown during a game in the Cretaceous period caused the dinosaurs' extinction?

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Wow, that would be a freakishly scary Colts team right there. I mean, did you know Matt Flynn came back from an infinity-point deficit and won? Or that his spike of the football after a touchdown during a game in the Cretaceous period caused the dinosaurs' extinction?

Any team with Matt Flynn deserves bandwagon fans.

People should cheer for the very best, which is Matt Flynn.

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most NFL fans can name 10 players on their team; I'm guessing many of us can name 30+ without batting an eye.

Yikes! I can't name 10 Niners on the current roster right now!! Never could. And I've been watching them since the 70's.
I think that's just the wreckage of my youth though... killed to many brain cells. Without Google or NFL.com for stats and such, I can't talk football fer ***** & shinola.
But I still consider myself a die-hard long time fan of my team.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Yikes! I can't name 10 Niners on the current roster right now!! Never could. And I've been watching them since the 70's.
I think that's just the wreckage of my youth though... killed to many brain cells. Without Google or NFL.com for stats and such, I can't talk football fer ***** & shinola.
But I still consider myself a die-hard long time fan of my team.
You know back in the Days when I was a die hard Rams fan, before the evil witch moved the team, there were two types of fans I hated. Cowboys and 49er's. Because way too many of them were only fans because they were winners. Most of those have jumped to the Steelers Judging by the proliferation of Steelers Decals I have noticed over the last several of years. So if you have stuck with the 9'ers these last 20 years then your a true fan and I respect that.

I am looking forward to driving up and tailgating before we take you on in two years. I have not yet seen an increase in Packers decals yet.

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you, RCC.

So, have you bought a cheesehead and slapped a Real California Cheese sticker on it yet??? I always wanted to do that.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Thank you, RCC.

So, have you bought a cheesehead and slapped a Real California Cheese sticker on it yet??? I always wanted to do that.

I am glad you are here btw.

I came back here this fall after joining in February before the SB. The two teams I have been most interested in this year from a pure football standpoint have been Green Bay first and then San Fran. Rodgers+Harbaugh=Beasts.

WhiteHouseOn3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? I can do names, numbers, and positions without hesitation. Maybe I'm just strange? I'm not typically a numbers person. Then again, the Pack have so many weapons each game that we see so many of them, even just one play a game. Am I alone?

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Really? I can do names, numbers, and positions without hesitation. Maybe I'm just strange? I'm not typically a numbers person. Then again, the Pack have so many weapons each game that we see so many of them, even just one play a game. Am I alone?

Not strange.

I try to know as much as I can as well every season about most teams. I can drive people I know nuts. I even know the backups to several teams.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Thank you, RCC.

No, I don't wear the cheesehead. I'm a hardhat guy. It Says "California Cheese" along the side.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reaction score
I was called a band wagon fan most of my childhood, because I never lived up North or close to Green Bay, and I always got the "You only like them because of Favre". But I still pulled for this team when they stunk it up with losing seasons with the old gun slinger, and I am STILL pulling for them after he left. It becomes old how you can only pull for a team if you were born close by them, or lived near, but as far as Chargers fans complaining about the crowd at their own stadium, keep in mind, they haven't been able to sell out home games most the time this year, and even last year they struggled selling them out. They just lose to the Raiders too btw at home, don't see why anyone wants to go their games.

I hate band wagon fans, most of all, growing up down south, the biggest band wagonners were Cowboy fans, that loved to brag about Aikman and Emmitt Smith, and now that Dallas is a losing team I don't see them around very often anymore.

If I was a band wagon fan,I would have followed Favre to Jets, and Vikings but I just couldn't do that. Never liked the Jets, and he didn't change my opinion about them, but most of all, I get tired of hearing from Favre fans down south about we screwed him, I always seen it as in him trying to screw us, cause he did after all retire, and then come back after telling his team he was done.

When BF went to the Jets, I said, "bah bah, and tough Schlitz," Like Coach Dale said in the movie, Hoosiers, "My team is on the floor!"

I'm really going back quite a way, but immediately after the Dolphins went undefeated, Miami gear was flowing abundantly around here and stuck for awhile, then began to drop off until Marino's tenure. And now? Seeing a Miami jersey is pretty much like spotting a dinosaur. Long droughts between winning a SB {didn't send me packing during our 30 year wait for #3} tends to exterminate the bandwagon fans I have seen pop up around my area. Throw the Rams jerseys in there, too, for one and done. And no doubt the Colts moving to Indy has attracted fans like a giant magnet, as it should, just as is the case with the Packers representing the state of Wisconsin. Plus, Indy trained here in Terre Haute for many seasons until recently going back to Anderson and the people here got to meet NFL players, grew to worship them and gulped down the cool ade. And that's good that they adopted an NFL team "IF" they didn't abandon another team to do so. If so, then they would qualify as a "bandwagon" fan in my opinion. I will say this about Colts fan, though, they are a proud bunch and still hold their heads high while enduring their horrific season. I remember the days when people sported the brown paper bag head gear in the stands quite regularly. Whenever I see that kind of display from people who call themselves "fans," I just shake my head in disbelief. What I wouldn't have given to have had the opportunity to attend a game at Lambeau Field during even our leanest of years! Losing can be frustrating and evidently have that kind of effect , but to the true fan, it should NEVER matter. Hell, I'm a Cubs fan and have been for life and God only knows I've been patient! So if I can endure that kind of heartache year after year, there's no doubting the loyalty I have for my sports teams. Yep, I am really enjoying the success the Packers are having and looking back at some lean years, yeah, it was tough knowing every game may be an uphill battle when you don't have the horses that particular year, but that's MY team and I'm always proud of their efforts win or lose.

Reaction score
It's easy to spot a bandwagon fan. When the team is losing, they are the fans you are looking for because they are nowhere to be found. They're usually the first to jump on the bandwagon and also the first to jump off if things go wrong. Look who is around when the team is 4-12, who is still wearing their gear with pride. It comes down to simple loyalty. Bandwagon fans are only loyal to the winning side.

Ain't that the truth? I will never ever forget one of the best Packer wins ever during what turned out to be one of our lean years. It was the 1980 season opener at Lambeau vs the Bearsunder HC Bart Starr. Our FG kicker Chester Marcol {the "spectacle" wearing, Chester Marcol} got his 30 plus yard field goal attempt blocked right back into his arms and he scooted around the left end for the winning TD in OT! Pack 12 Bears 6! For the love of God, watching him cradle that ball like a loaf of bread and the camera zooming in on his black rimmed glasses as he scampered into the end zone was absolutely PRICELESS!!! I was wearing my Packer sweatshirt sudsing it up at my Bear buddie's house along with three other Bear pals of mine and they were speechless! Kodak moment! They were saying how lucky the Packers were and that they sucked! And I remember telling them, "NOT today they didn't!" I think we may have only won just a half a dozen games that year, but that one was real sweet. Wear the GB gear proudly, always!

Good wins even during those lean years! :cool:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ain't that the truth? I will never ever forget one of the best Packer wins ever during what turned out to be one of our lean years. It was the 1980 season opener at Lambeau vs the Bearsunder HC Bart Starr. Our FG kicker Chester Marcol {the "spectacle" wearing, Chester Marcol} got his 30 plus yard field goal attempt blocked right back into his arms and he scooted around the left end for the winning TD in OT! Pack 12 Bears 6! For the love of God, watching him cradle that ball like a loaf of bread and the camera zooming in on his black rimmed glasses as he scampered into the end zone was absolutely PRICELESS!!! I was wearing my Packer sweatshirt sudsing it up at my Bear buddie's house along with three other Bear pals of mine and they were speechless! Kodak moment! They were saying how lucky the Packers were and that they sucked! And I remember telling them, "NOT today they didn't!" I think we may have only won just a half a dozen games that year, but that one was real sweet. Wear the GB gear proudly, always!

Good wins even during those lean years! :cool:
Thank you for bringing that up!
You are the only other person on the forum who I have found, I think, who knows about that awesome TD by Marcol.
I mean, I've posted it before and didn't get any responses that I can remember.
It is soooooooo coool to know of another Packers fan who knows about such a thing.

We had like 3 TVs with cable in the house. All black and white.
However I had this tiny portable color one in my bedroom and me and a friend watched that.
I don't remember if we watched any other part of the game or if I turned it on right at that moment.
It is the first memory I have of not just watching Packers but of all of football. I'm sure I must have watched football before this, but if I did it wasn't certainly as memorable as that Marcol run!

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/114181834.html

This is the closest thing I can find online about our 1980 memory. I keep hoping someone will upload it someday.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
When BF went to the Jets, I said, "bah bah, and tough Schlitz," Like Coach Dale said in the movie, Hoosiers, "My team is on the floor!"

I'm really going back quite a way, but immediately after the Dolphins went undefeated, Miami gear was flowing abundantly around here and stuck for awhile, then began to drop off until Marino's tenure. And now? Seeing a Miami jersey is pretty much like spotting a dinosaur. Long droughts between winning a SB {didn't send me packing during our 30 year wait for #3} tends to exterminate the bandwagon fans I have seen pop up around my area. Throw the Rams jerseys in there, too, for one and done. And no doubt the Colts moving to Indy has attracted fans like a giant magnet, as it should, just as is the case with the Packers representing the state of Wisconsin. Plus, Indy trained here in Terre Haute for many seasons until recently going back to Anderson and the people here got to meet NFL players, grew to worship them and gulped down the cool ade. And that's good that they adopted an NFL team "IF" they didn't abandon another team to do so. If so, then they would qualify as a "bandwagon" fan in my opinion. I will say this about Colts fan, though, they are a proud bunch and still hold their heads high while enduring their horrific season. I remember the days when people sported the brown paper bag head gear in the stands quite regularly. Whenever I see that kind of display from people who call themselves "fans," I just shake my head in disbelief. What I wouldn't have given to have had the opportunity to attend a game at Lambeau Field during even our leanest of years! Losing can be frustrating and evidently have that kind of effect , but to the true fan, it should NEVER matter. Hell, I'm a Cubs fan and have been for life and God only knows I've been patient! So if I can endure that kind of heartache year after year, there's no doubting the loyalty I have for my sports teams. Yep, I am really enjoying the success the Packers are having and looking back at some lean years, yeah, it was tough knowing every game may be an uphill battle when you don't have the horses that particular year, but that's MY team and I'm always proud of their efforts win or lose.

Sounds like when I lived in Pensacola, Florida a few years, before Katrina. There wasn't any Tampa Bay crap around till thy won the Super Bowl, and that sure didn't last long.

As far as band wagon fans go, TEBOWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Then the Lions/Broncos game, they ALL disappeared.

They win a game, and now they talk like they are a ******* division winner.

Thank ESPN for that.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Ok... maybe not "bandwagon" but... how's 'bout this... you can tell an out of state Packers fan by their tan in November. :)

Way back ... maybe the first time the Badgers made the Rose Bowl under Barry Alvarez... I remember some folks from California, UCLA fans, remarking about Darryl Bevel's white complexion and then started making 'hick rolled in flour' jokes...blah blah blah... I just wheeled on them, referencing Nixon's 'fruits and nuts' comment about Cali and told them that Bevel isn't even from Wisconsin, he's from Arizona, he just plays football there.

Reaction score
Thank you for bringing that up!
You are the only other person on the forum who I have found, I think, who knows about that awesome TD by Marcol.
I mean, I've posted it before and didn't get any responses that I can remember.
It is soooooooo coool to know of another Packers fan who knows about such a thing.

We had like 3 TVs with cable in the house. All black and white.
However I had this tiny portable color one in my bedroom and me and a friend watched that.
I don't remember if we watched any other part of the game or if I turned it on right at that moment.
It is the first memory I have of not just watching Packers but of all of football. I'm sure I must have watched football before this, but if I did it wasn't certainly as memorable as that Marcol run!

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/114181834.html

This is the closest thing I can find online about our 1980 memory. I keep hoping someone will upload it someday.

I got off the subject a little in resetting that game, but it reminded me of the barometer to measure true fans who weather the storms of those lack luster seasons by remembering the good things that DO happen, like the way that game ended. The Packers around that time {late 70's early 80's} weren't exactly burning up the field and the Bears weren't collecting any Super Bowl rings either, but my Bear pals and I always stayed true to our teams and that particular game's finish in conjunction with the many brewskies we knocked down watching it feuled a lot of laughs about the finish of that opening day game between our teams.

I'm sure I didn't see your initial post about it, otherwise, I would have sure chimed in. You just don't see something that crazy happen! And it did happen so quickly! It was just a play that I will always remember and you know.....I had a VHS {the first ones that came out....ALL metal, covered most of the TV and weighed a TON} and I don't know WHY I didn't tape that game!? I would love to see that game again, too.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
me too. I guess i am a bandwagoner?

:cry:

:sneaky:

You can like a team and they are not your first team so to speak, the team you grew up with. My team is in shambles so I have to get my football pleasure from someplace LOL. I always liked GB even when Favre was there. The Favre got.....weird.:p

Reaction score

You can like a team and they are not your first team so to speak, the team you grew up with. My team is in shambles so I have to get my football pleasure from someplace LOL. I always liked GB even when Favre was there. The Favre got.....weird.:p

Jules18, even though I am a lifelong Packer fan, I have to admit that being fed a weekly dose of having to watch the Colts on our regional coverage, I have thoroughly enjoyed watching PM orchestrate that offense and it is sad to see to what has transpired in Indy without him. You better believe I was rooting hard for them vs the Bears in the '07 SB. I have a friend who is a huge diehard Cowboys fan and he chose the Seahawks as his "second" favorite team, or team to root for in the AFC {at the time they were in the AFC}. A lot of times a team just may have that special player that draws the "bandwagon" fan, but living just an hour from Indy and born and raised a "Hoosier," of course I want the Colts to enjoy success. But when it comes down to the "US" vs THEM.....it will always remain a no brainer.;)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

You guys are more than welcome on the wagon as long as you bring along some Guinness or Becks and brats with kraut. A nice big helping of asparagus slathered in butter and brown sugar sauce would be a nice side. And be sure to pick up some nice Packers Merchanise to help support the cause. Or better yet, buy a share of stock and help add seating improvements to Lambeau!

PackerFanInTexas

Packer fan since '93
Reaction score
I've been a fan since 1993 so if I'm a bandwagon jumper so be it. But I am paranoid about being seen as one. Especially now, I haven't worn my Packer gear since they won the Super Bowl.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
I think a bandwagoner would be the one wearing stolen Packer gear!!!
No diehard Packer fan would be caught stealing or wearing stolen gear!!!!

I might be missing something, what is this in reference to?

L

Lunchboxer

We could start a list.

You just might be a Green Bay Packers bandwagon fan....
If anyone who is part of this forum and isn't active at least 3-4 times a week.
If you give that fan a poke. Blood red? Bandwagon fan.
If you did not burn your Brett Favre jersey when he went to the Vikings.
If you cannot point out Green Bay on a map. Blindfolded.
If you think that Lambeau Field is named after a corporation or product.
If you have a tattoo of another football team.

Actually I still have my Favre Jersey. Wore it few times last season but it was more of a Curse so I just tossed it in my closet never worse it sense.

I would never burn it because back when I bought it it cost alot of money. Might sell it few years from now.

Shanno52

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really?? Charger fans calling us fair-weather? That's why I hate the Chargers. They are the worst bandwagon/fair-weather fans. The Charger fans I spoke to told me that several season ticket holders sold their tickets to the sd-gb game to make $ cuz they were tired of watching Rivers suck! And then if anyone else noticed, I saw a lot of Charger fans leave after half time cuz we were winning. They don't even give their team a chance to come back like they did!! Yes they still ended up losing in their typical rivers fashion, but if GB was losing at half, u can bet I'm still staying to watch the whole game!

OP
OP
SanDiegoCheese

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really?? Charger fans calling us fair-weather? That's why I hate the Chargers. They are the worst bandwagon/fair-weather fans. The Charger fans I spoke to told me that several season ticket holders sold their tickets to the sd-gb game to make $ cuz they were tired of watching Rivers suck! And then if anyone else noticed, I saw a lot of Charger fans leave after half time cuz we were winning. They don't even give their team a chance to come back like they did!! Yes they still ended up losing in their typical rivers fashion, but if GB was losing at half, u can bet I'm still staying to watch the whole game!

I agree, Chargers fans are starting to disappear in San Diego.
I don't see as many decals or car flags, jerseys, shirts. etc.
Now, don't get me wrong you still see people wearing Bolts gear, but at least in my area I don't see it as often.

Case in point:
The guy who lives across the street had a 20' chargers flag flying in his yard, I haven't seen the flag since they lost to the Jets. :laugh:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts