How to spot a bandwagon GB Packers fan?

gwh11

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chances are a bandwagon or fair weather fan would not be wearing one of these:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reaction score
I may not post here on a regular basis, but I do "check in" a couple of times each day to get my Packer "fix" since I cannot go anywhere in this city without having to endure a sea of blue jersey wearing die-hard Colts fans. I've been a Packer fan since I was about 8 or 9 {1957 or so} and living in west central Indiana, only a few miles from the Illinois state line, I was just a "blip" on the radar screen amidst the huge throng of Bears fans that dominated our area at that time even more so than the present day Colts fans. Yeah, when you proudly run out on the sandlot wearing a white sweatshirt with a huge green magic-marker drawn #5 on the front and back and green and yellow trimmed sleeves {every kids homemade version of a team jersey as we didn't have the luxury of NFL team jerseys to purchase back then} you may as well be a maschocist and a glutten for punishment for the entire duration of the day. I was an instant victim of a lot of "late" hits and I may have learned the hard way just where the term "trash" talking originated. Never affected me! Refused to drink of the Bear cool ade! I have and always will wear my Packer gear with pride no matter what season it is and no matter what our record may be. When I hear Bears fans say, "I HATE the Packers," my reply is, "and you should! Nobody likes a winner, especially, if you are a loser!" So, no, I've never been a bandwagon or fair weather Green Bay Packer fan and I hope this very strong emergence of green and gold clad Packer fans that I've been seeing {and I've seen a lot of them} in and around our city steadily increasing in the last 20 years or so have always been or have now become TRUE fans and that the number continues to grow. Hey, this is "Titletown, USA"....It's the real "America's Team!" Who wouldn't want to be a fan?:tup:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Speaking of fair weather fans. A couple weeks ago I posted that I had been to a town fair here in Central PA. At that time you hardly saw any Steelers stuff when there would normally be a bunch. That was when the Steelers were struggling. Now there is Steelers stuff all over the place around here. Funny how it magically appears when they are doing well.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I was called a band wagon fan most of my childhood, because I never lived up North or close to Green Bay, and I always got the "You only like them because of Favre". But I still pulled for this team when they stunk it up with losing seasons with the old gun slinger, and I am STILL pulling for them after he left. It becomes old how you can only pull for a team if you were born close by them, or lived near, but as far as Chargers fans complaining about the crowd at their own stadium, keep in mind, they haven't been able to sell out home games most the time this year, and even last year they struggled selling them out. They just lose to the Raiders too btw at home, don't see why anyone wants to go their games.

I hate band wagon fans, most of all, growing up down south, the biggest band wagonners were Cowboy fans, that loved to brag about Aikman and Emmitt Smith, and now that Dallas is a losing team I don't see them around very often anymore.

If I was a band wagon fan,I would have followed Favre to Jets, and Vikings but I just couldn't do that. Never liked the Jets, and he didn't change my opinion about them, but most of all, I get tired of hearing from Favre fans down south about we screwed him, I always seen it as in him trying to screw us, cause he did after all retire, and then come back after telling his team he was done.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I went to college in Boston. Imagine seeing Patriots gear suddenly replacing Red Sox gear everywhere in February of 2002.

Mhhhmmmm.........

:)

jwmann2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know the answer to any of those questions.... but have been a fan since the pack won the SB in '97. So i guess technically I'm a bandwagoner since then? But then again i was also 10 years old.

When you're ten years old, you have to start somewhere. A bandwagon fan is one that refuses to go to games or loses interest in following the team when the team isn't doing well. Me? I'm a Bengals fan to the core. Was at the final home during their 4-11-1 campaign.
Green Bay fans have bandwagon fans but the vast majority are not. How long is that season ticket wait list?

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
When you're ten years old, you have to start somewhere. A bandwagon fan is one that refuses to go to games or loses interest in following the team when the team isn't doing well. Me? I'm a Bengals fan to the core. Was at the final home during their 4-11-1 campaign.
Green Bay fans have bandwagon fans but the vast majority are not. How long is that season ticket wait list?
I put my three kids on the waiting list in 1989. Just recieved update that they are about 29,000 from getting tickets. I've heard that signing up now, you would be out 80,000 or so. (not sure if that's accurate)

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I've said it before, and I'll continue to say it

The Cowboys, have the BIGGEST band wagon ever.

If you came down here in the 1990's, it was just disgusting. I could never imagine living in Texas back when they won a Super Bowl.

I hear people call Saints fans band wagonners all the time, and yeah that's partly true, but living in the Gulf Coast my whole life, I can tell you the Saints are THE team of the Gulf Coast. Even before Hurricane Katrina, you could drive through Biloxi and see flags with their helmet, and their stickers on the back of bumpers. Yeah you see a bit more often now that they won something, but you can always tell a band wagon Saints fan if they constantly say they sucked until recent years, cause anyone that has watched them for 25 or more years would know they did have some success from the late 80's through early 90's, and Rickey Jackson wasn't their only good player like so many of those know-it-all band wagonners will argue.

People are saying the Packers have a huge band wagon, but they said it about the Saints too back in 2009, but I wouldn't go that far.

The Packers have many fans, and just cause they are not all from up North, don't mean they aren't 'real' fans. I've been buying this teams gear for my whole life.

You know the biggest band wagons are Dallas and Pittsburgh, cause their fans only rear their heads when they are winning. Dallas all through the 90's, their fans were everywhere. They started popping back up with that "We're goin' to the Super Bowl!" ******** late in 2009, but they shut their mouths after the 4th or 5th loss last year. I don't think I have to mention the Steelers rudeness do I? Even though I gotta admit, I have been enjoying the peace since they got swept by the Ravens! LMAO

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
Look who is around when the team is 4-12, who is still wearing their gear with pride. It comes down to simple loyalty. Bandwagon fans are only loyal to the winning side.

I totally agree Kitten... The wife, my buddy Marcus and I drove 16 hrs from Gulfport MS to watch the Pack play the Lions on Dec 11 2005 when we went 4-12...

D

Dan115

If you came down here in the 1990's, it was just disgusting. I could never imagine living in Texas back when they won a Super Bowl.

I hear people call Saints fans band wagonners all the time, and yeah that's partly true, but living in the Gulf Coast my whole life, I can tell you the Saints are THE team of the Gulf Coast. Even before Hurricane Katrina, you could drive through Biloxi and see flags with their helmet, and their stickers on the back of bumpers. Yeah you see a bit more often now that they won something, but you can always tell a band wagon Saints fan if they constantly say they sucked until recent years, cause anyone that has watched them for 25 or more years would know they did have some success from the late 80's through early 90's, and Rickey Jackson wasn't their only good player like so many of those know-it-all band wagonners will argue.

People are saying the Packers have a huge band wagon, but they said it about the Saints too back in 2009, but I wouldn't go that far.

The Packers have many fans, and just cause they are not all from up North, don't mean they aren't 'real' fans. I've been buying this teams gear for my whole life.

You know the biggest band wagons are Dallas and Pittsburgh, cause their fans only rear their heads when they are winning. Dallas all through the 90's, their fans were everywhere. They started popping back up with that "We're goin' to the Super Bowl!" ******** late in 2009, but they shut their mouths after the 4th or 5th loss last year. I don't think I have to mention the Steelers rudeness do I? Even though I gotta admit, I have been enjoying the peace since they got swept by the Ravens! LMAO

I named my son Bart Taylor when he was born in 1978. The Packers sure were not very good in those days.

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

One of the things that has always impressed me about the Packers was their fans. They fill their stadium, season after season, regardless of the Pack's record. AND they stay until the last snap of the game. You see that no where else in the league. NO WHERE!!

The friggin Cowpuke fans did to S.F. what the Packer fans did in San Diego for the Niner/Cowpuke game earlier this year. It was embarrassing. The Niner players said they felt like it was an away game. The Niners had a hard time selling out the stadium when they were losing and at that time, and the season was still young. Nobody expected they'd be 7-1 at the half way point. Now the stadium is packed and everybody is a Niner fan. Better late than never I guess.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
When the Steelers come to Indy there are usually a ton of terrible towels all over the place. In 2005 when the Colts lost to Pittsburgh in the playoffs there were way more Steelers fans there then needed.

Time are tough out there right now. I don't honestly blame fans for wanting to see a team that gets them excited and puts out a good product. Would anyone here actually want to go see the crap the Colts have called themselves this year and sit through some of this crud in person? Be honest. No matter how much you can love a team sometimes watching them can be painful if they are that bad and almost at times not even trying. I have sat through losing seasons but this one is the worst I think so far. Also because I know how shady Irsay/the Polian's are since 2009. I almost don't even want to give them my money right now and honestly I don't, they better make changes in the offseason.

Many Colts fans are even worse. Peyton Manning fans. Jumped on the wagon when the Colts started to have success with him. Honestly, I always wondered why the Colts had so many bandwagon fans since we always almost blow it in the playoffs outside of one season and usually end up one and done. The Peyton Colts fans can be among the worst, if we draft Luck I think we might have some drama......and honestly I want Luck.

Nothing compares to some Pats fans though. Good God. Many of them are loud and proud since 2002. Brady and Manning really developed some "interesting" fans. Personally I don't care if the Colts win with Manning or without him in the future. I just want to see this ship get back on track someday.

I love this Rodgers era in GB and I am going to follow it and I have been the last few seasons on the side, Rodgers is among the most impressive I have ever seen or maybe at times the most impressive. As for the Favre era I followed that too but never felt a real connection with Favre and his story like Aaron. I know some Colts fans who were on the Lions wagon saying they were going to win the NFC early this year, then they lost back to back games (which I predicted :)) and they kinda chilled out.

Now many are on living through Eli. Eli!!!! Don't get me wrong, I like Eli. I don't live through the Giants though since their QB is a Manning.

The Pack have more haters now too ya know. Many now realize they may not be a one hit wonder and are developing some envy for the team and especially Aaron Rodgers. And the better Aaron gets and does the more of a threat he is to other elite QB legacies. I personally want to see Aaron right now get as much as he can in his prime. He deserves it.

WhiteHouseOn3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have yet to meet any bandwagon Pack fans, I honestly didn't know they existed. I think cheese heads are a different breed- we eat, breathe, and live football. Most NFL fans can name 10 players on their team; I'm guessing many of us can name 30+ without batting an eye. My work office has an entire wall dedicated to the Packers, I don't allow anything else to be posted there. My closet door at home has a titletown towel, my jersey, game day beads, and my cheese head affixed. To me, it's all or nothing. I think they're such a fascinating and exciting group of men that amaze me on and off the field.

I used to work at the most visited theme park in the nation, and walking around on my days off I'd always take up conversation with anyone wearing a jersey for any team. Packers fans could hold their own. Other teams? Not so much. I'd know more about their QBs than they would.. pathetic. I'm a 20-something female and they wouldn't expect me to know anything about the game, so I loved drawing crowds and taking them down- muahaha!

So yeah, never met anyone wearing green and gold that wasn't diehard. Couple of my sorority sisters were cheese heads too (one's father was a Packer way back when!) and we still text every game back and forth. Lots of joyful crying last February :)

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I still think the Packers might be developing more hate/envy now as the season goes on over bandwagon fans?

Just a thought from what I have seen.

Many like to jump on an underdog bandwagon more.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jules18, I never thought I found a Colts team worse than the 1981 Baltimore Colts team, also known as the team with "The worst defense ever". But your team is definitely trying. I think the 2011 Colts have a defense just as bad, if not worse, than that team, if such a thing is possible.

Defense Analysis (After 9 Weeks)

Total Points Scored by Opponent
1981 Colts: 298
2011 Colts: 283

Opponent's Points Per Game (PPG)
1981 Colts: 33.1
2011 Colts: 31.4

Opponent's Yards Per Game (YPG)
1981 Colts: 419.6
2011 Colts: 406.1

Point Differential
1981 Colts: -140
2011 Colts: -155

I'm thoroughly convinced that this team is taking a dive for the entire season for Luck. I mean, this is a historically bad football team. They have to be sucking on purpose. You can't just give it your all and still be blown out 62-7 in the NFL. Is the Colts team that dependent on Manning, or is it something else entirely? I'm hoping the Colts get Luck so he won't go to a lucky NFC team and you solve the "Manning" problem, because no fan should have to suffer through this. Plus, I'm kinda hoping for a Colts-Packers SB.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Jules18, I never thought I found a Colts team worse than the 1981 Baltimore Colts team, also known as the team with "The worst defense ever". But your team is definitely trying. I think the 2011 Colts have a defense just as bad, if not worse, than that team, if such a thing is possible.

Defense Analysis (After 9 Weeks)

Total Points Scored by Opponent
1981 Colts: 298
2011 Colts: 283

Opponent's Points Per Game (PPG)
1981 Colts: 33.1
2011 Colts: 31.4

Opponent's Yards Per Game (YPG)
1981 Colts: 419.6
2011 Colts: 406.1

Point Differential
1981 Colts: -140
2011 Colts: -155

I'm thoroughly convinced that this team is taking a dive for the entire season for Luck. I mean, this is a historically bad football team. They have to be sucking on purpose. You can't just give it your all and still be blown out 62-7 in the NFL. Is the Colts team that dependent on Manning, or is it something else entirely? I'm hoping the Colts get Luck so he won't go to a lucky NFC team and you solve the "Manning" problem, because no fan should have to suffer through this. Plus, I'm kinda hoping for a Colts-Packers SB.

Yeah this team sucks.It's not just Peyton either. There are some internal issues too, bad drafting over the years and I am fully becoming convinced at times that Polian and Irsay are slowly losing it. Does not help when your owner tweets lyrics to old rock songs.

I am hoping they show Caldwell out the door but they have praised him this year. Praised him. Do people how realize how stupid this man is? It's not just Peyton. Try having this as your head coach and tell me you would have confidence and hope:

Worst.Coach.Ever.

I'd hire Matt Flynn to take his place.

Members online

Latest posts