How to spot a bandwagon GB Packers fan?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's easy to spot a bandwagon fan. When the team is losing, they are the fans you are looking for because they are nowhere to be found. They're usually the first to jump on the bandwagon and also the first to jump off if things go wrong. Look who is around when the team is 4-12, who is still wearing their gear with pride. It comes down to simple loyalty. Bandwagon fans are only loyal to the winning side.

peteralan71

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We could start a list.

You just might be a Green Bay Packers bandwagon fan....
If anyone who is part of this forum and isn't active at least 3-4 times a week.
If you give that fan a poke. Blood red? Bandwagon fan.
If you did not burn your Brett Favre jersey when he went to the Vikings.
If you cannot point out Green Bay on a map. Blindfolded.
If you think that Lambeau Field is named after a corporation or product.
If you have a tattoo of another football team.

The "like" came in after the bleed red comment.
I did not burn my Favre jersey, but I did throw it away. My roommate, a Vikings fan, noticed it and asked if he could have is. Vikings fans.... they have no pride!

peteralan71

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When the Packers were losing in '05 and '09, I wore my Green and Gold even more proudly, while right now I wear it but not quite as often because I get self-conscious of people thinking that I am a bandwagon fan! Kinda crazy, but thats the way I am. I couldn't believe all the frickin Packers stuff I saw the day after the SB. Where were all these people before?!

tstej

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I was a fair weather fan I don't think I'd still be a KU football fan

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
If the only Packer gear they own is from the last 2 years. I'm mighty suspicious of the Beef O'Brady's crowd here. The bar was BUZZING with Packer fans this past week, yet 70-80% of the crowd were wearing some sort of Super Bowl paraphernalia. Don't get me wrong, I've spent nearly $300 on Super Bowl shenanigans over the last 10 months, but I have a jersey for Sundays :p

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel I have no room to talk, since I've only been a fan for four years (I've watched them since 2007), but my parents are diehards, if that counts for anything. I've only missed one Packers game since 2007 though, even during 2008, and that was the Packers-Rams game of this year. That was because I overslept.

Ask them who was the QB before brett favre, or who invented the Lambeau Leap, or whats the greatest catch in MNF history. Pretty much anyone who has been following the team for 10+ years should know that.

I'll name 5 QBs before Favre.

Don Majkowski
Lynn ****ey
Babe Parilli
Tobin Rote
Steve Bartkowski (Starr's replacement in the 60s)

Leroy Butler invented the Lambeau Leap. I believe it was during a game in 1993 against the Los Angeles Raiders when Reggie White caused the Raiders' QB to fumble. He picked it up himself, but was pushed out of bounds, so he lateraled the ball to Butler, who ran it in for a TD, and jumped into the stands.

The greatest MNF catch in the history of football is this:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
I still own a videotape of the original broadcast.​

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always get a lot of hate because Im from Chicago, but my Dad was a Pack fan since 1966 (when he was born) so I liked all the teams he does.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I feel I have no room to talk, since I've only been a fan for four years (I've watched them since 2007), but my parents are diehards, if that counts for anything. I've only missed one Packers game since 2007 though, even during 2008, and that was the Packers-Rams game of this year. That was because I overslept.

I'll name 5 QBs before Favre.

Don Majkowski
Lynn ****ey
Babe Parilli
Tobin Rote
Steve Bartkowski (Starr's replacement in the 60s)

Leroy Butler invented the Lambeau Leap. I believe it was during a game in 1993 against the Los Angeles Raiders when Reggie White caused the Raiders' QB to fumble. He picked it up himself, but was pushed out of bounds, so he lateraled the ball to Butler, who ran it in for a TD, and jumped into the stands.

The greatest MNF catch in the history of football is this:
I still own a videotape of the original broadcast.​

Ummmm, I think you mean Zeke Bratkowski.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny San Diego fans calling Packers fans "Bandwagon fans." They're the most flippant, indifferent fans of any fanbase out there. Even die hard Chargers fans will tell you that about the majority of their "fans."

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We could start a list.

You just might be a Green Bay Packers bandwagon fan....
If you did not burn your Brett Favre jersey when he went to the Vikings.
Hilarious!
My mom boxed and mailed hers up, and honestly paid to ship it directly to his house in Mississippi!
Does that count instead of burning it?

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Hilarious!
My mom boxed and mailed hers up, and honestly paid to ship it directly to his house in Mississippi!
Does that count instead of burning it?
Man I wish I would of thought of that!! lol... I wonder how much stuff he got sent to him?!?!!!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bandwagon fans don't bother me. Better late than never. I know they will be gone to the next big thing when the time comes, so be it. I feel bad for these people. The fun for me is the build up of a champion. Watching these young players come in from college and take their lumps. Playing hard and smart and becoming impact players. We watched them develop and there is a certain satisfaction and sweetness to that. The bandwagon folks will never experience that.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Bandwagon fans don't bother me. Better late than never. I know they will be gone to the next big thing when the time comes, so be it. I feel bad for these people. The fun for me is the build up of a champion. Watching these young players come in from college and take their lumps. Playing hard and smart and becoming impact players. We watched them develop and there is a certain satisfaction and sweetness to that. The bandwagon folks will never experience that.

Excellent post!:)

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
First you have to be able to distinguish what being casual fan is, in comparison to a diehard fan.

The diehard fan will know everything about the team dating back to the 1930's or it's inception. The Casual fan knows who most of the players are on the team currently, most of the legends and iconic players but won't know who the backup punter was on the 1982 packers team or a lot of the historical and intricate trivia about the team.

Most Casual fans tends to be fairweather, but that doesn't mean they aren't fans necessarily. To be honest, I'm a fairweather Phillies fan (even though I don't particularly care for baseball) and only will pay attention to the team if they are doing well or are in the playoffs, I know most of the players, some of the coaches but really nothing beyond that. I grew up outside Philly so I'm kind of a Phillies fan by default.

My dad is the big Packers fan and naturally past it on to me, but even he was never as hardcore about it as I am.

Sometimes over the internet it's harder to spot the bangwagoners because of the ease of access to information. Within 3 minutes of searching I can answer all your test questions.

In real life it's easier. It's also timing. Usually a team that is showing promise, doing well, or is projected to do well, or has a history of doing well will acquire the most bandwagon fans.

That's why no team in the NFL has more bandwagon fans that the Steelers, always do well, have a history of doing well, family owned, do things the right way, 6 titles, "lunch pail team" even though there isn't a Steel factory left standing in Pittsburgh. I cannot express how much I hate the Steelers and their fanbase and I'm glad we beat them in the SB.

I know a ton of Steelers fans around here in the philly area. I once quizzed some idiot wearing a Steel Curtain t-shirt. He couldn't even name 4 players on the 1975 Steelers defense.

D

Derps

The "like" came in after the bleed red comment.
I did not burn my Favre jersey, but I did throw it away. My roommate, a Vikings fan, noticed it and asked if he could have is. Vikings fans.... they have no pride!

You take football way too serious brah

Reaction score
Yeah, my friend were driving around San Diego and saw a lot of Packer fans walking down the street. He insisted bandwagon fans wore replica jerseys instead of buying the authentic ones. LOL. I reminded him I don't have any jerseys and I damn sure ain't a bandwagoner. I have my heart broken many a time by this team even though I am fairly young.

Reaction score
First you have to be able to distinguish what being casual fan is, in comparison to a diehard fan.

The diehard fan will know everything about the team dating back to the 1930's or it's inception. The Casual fan knows who most of the players are on the team currently, most of the legends and iconic players but won't know who the backup punter was on the 1982 packers team or a lot of the historical and intricate trivia about the team.

Most Casual fans tends to be fairweather, but that doesn't mean they aren't fans necessarily. To be honest, I'm a fairweather Phillies fan (even though I don't particularly care for baseball) and only will pay attention to the team if they are doing well or are in the playoffs, I know most of the players, some of the coaches but really nothing beyond that. I grew up outside Philly so I'm kind of a Phillies fan by default.

My dad is the big Packers fan and naturally past it on to me, but even he was never as hardcore about it as I am.

Sometimes over the internet it's harder to spot the bangwagoners because of the ease of access to information. Within 3 minutes of searching I can answer all your test questions.

In real life it's easier. It's also timing. Usually a team that is showing promise, doing well, or is projected to do well, or has a history of doing well will acquire the most bandwagon fans.

That's why no team in the NFL has more bandwagon fans that the Steelers, always do well, have a history of doing well, family owned, do things the right way, 6 titles, "lunch pail team" even though there isn't a Steel factory left standing in Pittsburgh. I cannot express how much I hate the Steelers and their fanbase and I'm glad we beat them in the SB.

I know a ton of Steelers fans around here in the philly area. I once quizzed some idiot wearing a Steel Curtain t-shirt. He couldn't even name 4 players on the 1975 Steelers defense.
It also depends on how old one is as well. I became a fan when Reggie came from Philly which was in '93 (I was 13). But it's been green/gold ever since then.

Reaction score
hahaha wow ALBERT Rodgers!

I got questioned a lot at the San Diego game by Chargers fans and a few Packers fans about my reasons on why I was a GB fan. Big mistake on their part. I talked forever at times leaving a few Chargers people giving up and just walking away, one GB fan had no idea who Bart Starr was, and when I mentioned to a supposed long-time Packers fan about how sad I was when Reggie White died he looked at me like "who the hell is that?"
We all have our reasons. I have my father to thank. He would throw in a couple of Vince Lombardi's quotes throughout my childhood, he kept me on my toes about what was going on in the NFL, and he always told me that there was nothing wrong with being a girl and loving the Green Bay Packers. :inlove:
Yeah I had somebody make the mistake of claiming I only became a fan of the team after they won this past Super Bowl. Well, he got cussed out for that comment. LOL. My history of being a Packers fan is only over 18 years but I have been disappointed several times (SB loss to the Broncos, Ray Rhodes as coach (oyvey!), 4th and 26, Terrell Owens catching the game winning TD after he had fumbled a couple of plays earlier (which the Pack did not review), the good, the bad, and the ugly that is Brett Favre, Mike Sherman as coach, 4-12 and 8-8 seasons...yeah). Heck there are pics of me in high school rocking Packers sweatshirts and t-shirts so please don't use the word, "bandwagoner" around me.

ThorMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't really matter to me to be honest. If they bought an Aaron Rodgers Jersey and thought his name was Antonio whatever, he's showing support for the team I love and is rooting for them to win, that's all that counts at the end of it. If the person isn't claiming to be a die hard then why should anyone being giving them the Green Bay IQ test to prove otherwise?

The ones who matter will stick tight and when things get rough we will see "fans" get weeded out.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The reaction of this little old lady is a perfect representation of bandwagon fans:

Members online

Latest posts