How to spot a bandwagon GB Packers fan?

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
Inevitably, when a team wins there will be bandwagon fans. The Packers are no exception to this rule. Listening to the sports radio here today 11/9 in San Diego, several callers called in (apparently still upset about the sea of green and gold at Qualcomm last weekend) and stated that the Pack fans at the game were "fairweather/bandwagon" One caller said that 90% of Pack fans were bandwagon fans. I'm positive this number is exaggerated, but got me wondering......

How can YOU spot a bandwagon/fairweather Pack fan?

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ask them who was the QB before brett favre, or who invented the Lambeau Leap, or whats the greatest catch in MNF history. Pretty much anyone who has been following the team for 10+ years should know that.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We could start a list.

You just might be a Green Bay Packers bandwagon fan....
If anyone who is part of this forum and isn't active at least 3-4 times a week.
If you give that fan a poke. Blood red? Bandwagon fan.
If you did not burn your Brett Favre jersey when he went to the Vikings.
If you cannot point out Green Bay on a map. Blindfolded.
If you think that Lambeau Field is named after a corporation or product.
If you have a tattoo of another football team.

OP
OP
SanDiegoCheese

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
We could start a list.

If anyone who is part of this forum and isn't active at least 3-4 times a week.
If you give that fan a poke. Blood red? Bandwagon fan.
If you did not burn your Brett Favre jersey when he went to the Vikings.
If you cannot point out Green Bay on a map. Blindfolded.
If you think that Lambeau Field is named after a corporation or product.
If you have a tattoo of another football team.

A List sounds great! :D

the tattoo one, is hilarious. :roflmao:

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ask them who was the QB before brett favre, or who invented the Lambeau Leap, or whats the greatest catch in MNF history. Pretty much anyone who has been following the team for 10+ years should know that.

I don't know the answer to any of those questions.... but have been a fan since the pack won the SB in '97. So i guess technically I'm a bandwagoner since then? But then again i was also 10 years old.

OP
OP
SanDiegoCheese

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know the answer to any of those questions.... but have been a fan since the pack won the SB in '97. So i guess technically I'm a bandwagoner since then? But then again i was also 10 years old.

good point. I've never been comfortable calling out someones loyalty to a team. But, some peeps make it obvious like on the trolley to the game I told someone wearing an A-Rod throwback jersey "nice jersey" he said "ALBERT Rodgers, is my favorite player, BEAT San Diego BIG AL!!!! :roflmao: :roflmao::roflmao:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A List sounds great! :D

the tattoo one, is hilarious. :roflmao:
Yeah, thanks.

I'll be more than happy to check out any ladies for tats.
Call my number to set up an appointment.
1-800-SLEZOID
(I'll be honest. I've never gotten any calls with that number. I wonder why?)

CheeseGlove

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Same here.. I was only 7 and family got me into football just as they were coming off the SB XXXI win. Definitely not fair weather though.

nurse_sa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
good point. I've never been comfortable calling out someones loyalty to a team. But, some peeps make it obvious like on the trolley to the game I told someone wearing an A-Rod throwback jersey "nice jersey" he said "ALBERT Rodgers, is my favorite player, BEAT San Diego BIG AL!!!! :roflmao: :roflmao::roflmao:

hahaha wow ALBERT Rodgers!

I got questioned a lot at the San Diego game by Chargers fans and a few Packers fans about my reasons on why I was a GB fan. Big mistake on their part. I talked forever at times leaving a few Chargers people giving up and just walking away, one GB fan had no idea who Bart Starr was, and when I mentioned to a supposed long-time Packers fan about how sad I was when Reggie White died he looked at me like "who the hell is that?"
We all have our reasons. I have my father to thank. He would throw in a couple of Vince Lombardi's quotes throughout my childhood, he kept me on my toes about what was going on in the NFL, and he always told me that there was nothing wrong with being a girl and loving the Green Bay Packers. :inlove:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you put on your cheese head hat backwards. By accident.
When you finally get your season tix and don't care because you are rooting for the Cowboys. Or is it the Bears? The Pats? Steelers? Um... Hold on while I check to see who's in first place this week.
If you are a member of the Brett Favre Message Board and 100% agree with what everyone posts.
If you have no clue. No idea. No inkling of who Vince Lombardi is. Or Reggie White. Or the current QB's first name.
If you think the Packers won only 4 championships total.
The current coach is Mike Holmgren. Right? It's not? Mike Sherman. I'm positive. Not him either? Well, it's Mike somebody. Right?
If you cannot name even one Packers rivalry.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
You just might be a Green Bay Packers bandwagon fan...
If you think the Bears are really nice bunch of guys.
Your "Go Pack Go" bumper sticker is magnetic.
Your Packer hoodie is reversable to a Lions hoodie.
You prefer to watch Packer football on artificial turf in a dome.
You drink Iron City beer while watching the game.

Reaction score
I had met a couple "Packers Fans" that didn't even know who Driver was when he walked into the same room as us. I think I shed a tear.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I had met a couple "Packers Fans" that didn't even know who Driver was when he walked into the same room as us. I think I shed a tear.

Driver does have a very recognizable face, but sometimes these guys are not so recognizable without their equipment on. I was walking with Gilles Villaneuve one time and didn't recognize him even though we were practically shoulder to shoulder. When my brother-in-law then recognized him, I was a little embarassed. But he was dressed up in a business suit, carrying a briefcase. I was used to seeing him in nomex and a helmet.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
If they boooed Aaron Rodgers in training camp then all of sudden proclaim him to be "the best"
............if you join a Packer forum to try to talk smack...only wishing you were a true Packer fan so you didn't have to try to think of lame comebacks!

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
Yeah, thanks.

I'll be more than happy to check out any ladies for tats.
Call my number to set up an appointment.
1-800-SLEZOID
(I'll be honest. I've never gotten any calls with that number. I wonder why?)[/quote
."

WTH, FF? Everytime I try to call you at that number, I get a recording that says, "This number has been disconnected. All calls with be forwarded to Oshkosh Correctional Institute

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
*raises hand and holds head down in shame*

No really. They have been my second team at times to root for going back to Favre. But, gosh guys. Rodgers..I started to get that feeling about him last season and your team. This man has captivated me in a way not many players ever have and maybe more then anyone else has. So, while they are not my "team" so to speak I am rooting for this man and your team to do it. And it's not like you guys are in the way of the Colts either lol.

lmao if the Colts go 0-16 and the Packers 16-0.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts