How to spot a bandwagon GB Packers fan?

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I was 9 or 10 years old when the Packers won Super Bowl XXXI. I was a fan before that, but maybe for only one season? I really can't remember but I DO remember slugging my step-brother Jeremy (Cowboys fan.) in the chest as HARD as I could when they beat the Packers in the playoffs. I have never, ever looked back and never will. I think that may just be my earliest Packer memory. Like I said, I was maybe 9 or so when I started rooting for the Packers, though I really don't know HOW that happened. My dad, my hero, is a Rams fan (born in L.A.) and my step-brother is a Cowboys fan...so you would think I would have latched on to one of those two teams but I guess I just decided to go my own way. I am glad I did. The Packers are by far the greatest organization in all of professional sports.

To be completely honest I believe I found this forum the night-of or the day-after the the Packers won Super Bowl XLV. I was worried that people may think I was a band-wagoner but I just needed to have some peeps to share my joy with! Yes, my wife is a Packers fan, but she really doesn't get football all that well and cheers for the Cowboys (that is her Dad's team.) when they are on TV too. So, she really wasn't a viable outlet.

However, I did NOT burn my Favre jersey (my dog now wears it on gameday), though I was very irked. I feel it is best to think of all the good that Favre brought to us, and not the bad. Every time I see a classic Favre/Packers highlight I start to wish that things went better. That he just played smarter ball in the '07 NFC championship game, went to SB XLII, smoked the Pats and then retired at a peak. On the flip side of that coin, I would not trade the last 4 years of Packers football for those two games I wish would have happened. (I hope all that made sense.)

Oh, and to answer a few of the questions that I saw asked here:

Curley Lambeau

LeRoy Butler

Antonio Freeman's circus catch.

...forgot other questions....

Finally, thank you all for having me around your forums! It is an awesome place for a Packers fan to come!

Nick 52

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's easy to spot a bandwagoner ............. they probably only signed up for this Forum within the last year ........... no doubt they live a long way away from Green Bay .......... probably have some lame username featuring the number of one of their favourite players ............. don't even know Coach McCartney's name ..............or can't spell Aron Rogers correctly............. grrrr, I hate bandwagon fans.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Wellllll, listen folks. This is just a darn fun season to be a Packer fan. Why not welcome more folks to join the party? Who knows, maybe they'll stick around a while. (Just don't forget to bring the Guinness as your newbie acceptance fee.)

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
or reclusive.
Maybe that's it. I read this forum a couple times a week, just don't think I have anything meaningful to add to most conversations. This is a very good year and feels familiar to me, almost the same as the Lombardi era. Having a REAL good time.

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wellllll, listen folks. This is just a darn fun season to be a Packer fan. Why not welcome more folks to join the party? Who knows, maybe they'll stick around a while. (Just don't forget to bring the Guinness as your newbie acceptance fee.)
Guinness??? Shouldn't that be Old Style or PBR or something more domestic?

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it doesn't bother me that somebody were to jump on for the ride, if they are just getting into football, why not like America's favorite team...but obviously they would have to stick w/ the Pack through thick and thin

You want a sign of a TRUE Packer fan...Here's my list of criteria

1. Ask their wife how many times they talk about the Packers and their season.

2. Ask them how much money they spend on Packer Apparel

3. Ever been to Lambeau?

4. Amount of Visits to packers.com

5. How many times you check the stats?

6. How many times have you watched HISTORY of the Green Bay PACKERS? (I have it on my IPOD)

7. How many Packers games have you been to?

8. Does your dog own a Packers Jersey?

9. Do you have the NFL SUNDAY Ticket just to watch the Pack?

10. Your friends will justify you being a TRUE Packers fan, even though your not a local

Gary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you for bringing that up!
You are the only other person on the forum who I have found, I think, who knows about that awesome TD by Marcol.
I mean, I've posted it before and didn't get any responses that I can remember.
It is soooooooo coool to know of another Packers fan who knows about such a thing.

We had like 3 TVs with cable in the house. All black and white.
However I had this tiny portable color one in my bedroom and me and a friend watched that.
I don't remember if we watched any other part of the game or if I turned it on right at that moment.
It is the first memory I have of not just watching Packers but of all of football. I'm sure I must have watched football before this, but if I did it wasn't certainly as memorable as that Marcol run!

Hey I just joined this forum for the specific reason of trying to track down a video of that play!! I was at the game on Sep 7, 1980, I had just turned 12. I have looked all over for a video of it and I cant find it anywhere. Do you know where it can be found? I saw that you tube marcol tribute thing but no video of the play. It must exist somewhere. Anyone?

Frozencheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's easy to spot a bandwagoner ............. they probably only signed up for this Forum within the last year ........... no doubt they live a long way away from Green Bay .......... probably have some lame username featuring the number of one of their favourite players ............. don't even know Coach McCartney's name ..............or can't spell Aron Rogers correctly............. grrrr, I hate bandwagon fans.

I signed up for this forum at the start of the 2011 nfl season. I live in Alaska.

This is the first year I havent been to a game at Lambeau (or Milwaukee County Stadium) in almost 20 years. I disagree that where one lives or when they sign up for a forum means anything about one's devotion to their team.

Reaction score
Well I have joined within the last year and I am from California but I have been a Packers fan since I was about 13 or 14. I will be 32 in February. I have had to go off on people who suggested I was a bandwagon fan. I remember a lot. From the days of Reggie White, Santana Dotson, big ol Gilbert Brown, LeRoy Butler, Eugene Robinson. Hell I remember Don Beebee.

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always ask them their favorite HoF Packer. If I get one second of hesitation thou art bandwagoneer. Mine is Herb Adderly followed ever so closely by Don Hutson.

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Driver does have a very recognizable face, but sometimes these guys are not so recognizable without their equipment on. I was walking with Gilles Villaneuve one time and didn't recognize him even though we were practically shoulder to shoulder. When my brother-in-law then recognized him, I was a little embarassed. But he was dressed up in a business suit, carrying a briefcase. I was used to seeing him in nomex and a helmet.
yeah but DD is a superstar with a smile that's to big for every stadium other than Lambeau!

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I went to a Packer game one time, and there was a guy there from CA that was crying - he said he'd been a packer fan since he was 6 years old, and he was about 50 and he said it was his first packer game. I also went to a game and there was a guy there and he was talking about how he USED to be a Broncos fan, but now he lived in Charlotte, and was now a Panthers fan. The Packer people around me went bananas! Started chanting FAIR WEATHER. LOL To see a 50 year old man crying tears of joy due to finally be at Lambeau Field was AWESOME, I'll never forget it.

Members online

Latest posts