How to spot a bandwagon GB Packers fan?

CheeseHeadInCanada

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's easy to spot a bandwagoner ............. they probably only signed up for this Forum within the last year ........... no doubt they live a long way away from Green Bay .......... probably have some lame username featuring the number of one of their favourite players ............. don't even know Coach McCartney's name ..............or can't spell Aron Rogers correctly............. grrrr, I hate bandwagon fans.

Parts of what you said are unfair.

Unfortunately I live on the West Coast of Canada (Vancouver) My dad was a Bronco's fan, first game I remember watching was the SB against the Pack and I remember wanting to root against my dad, been a fan ever since. Having no local team, and seeing other games more often than Seahawk games kind of spread it. I've had Packer gear since then, and have worn it proudly all year round. I've missed my own sporting events to watch Packer games, I ordered NFL Sunday Ticket solely for the Pack, I can easily rattle off any player on our 52 man roster and know a lot about the history. Everyone becomes a fan for a reason, mines just different.

Deke

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, this bandwagoner cannot wait for tomorrow evening - (it'll be a 9.30pm kick-off for us UK fans).

From the various criteria listed on this thread in various places I suppose I will have to wear my bandwagon badge - but I will do so with immense pride.

In England there is a rather popular football (sorry, I mean soccer) team called Manchester United. Personally I do not like them. At all. Anyway, the vast majority of Man Utd fans have never even been to the city of Manchester, never mind to Old Trafford the stadium where their team play.

I live around 4,000 miles from Green Bay - hardly a local, then - but I HAVE been to Lambeau Field. It was a few years back and myself and a friend flew to the US specifically for the game. Ok, we lost a MNF game to the Vikings, but it is among my most treasured memories, and always will be.

Having been a Packer fan since 1982 I have stuck with them through thick and thin, and I am simply loving what we have right now.

ClemsonFan

New Era Packers Fan
Reaction score
When the Steelers come to Indy there are usually a ton of terrible towels all over the place. In 2005 when the Colts lost to Pittsburgh in the playoffs there were way more Steelers fans there then needed.

Time are tough out there right now. I don't honestly blame fans for wanting to see a team that gets them excited and puts out a good product. Would anyone here actually want to go see the crap the Colts have called themselves this year and sit through some of this crud in person? Be honest. No matter how much you can love a team sometimes watching them can be painful if they are that bad and almost at times not even trying. I have sat through losing seasons but this one is the worst I think so far. Also because I know how shady Irsay/the Polian's are since 2009. I almost don't even want to give them my money right now and honestly I don't, they better make changes in the offseason.

Many Colts fans are even worse. Peyton Manning fans. Jumped on the wagon when the Colts started to have success with him. Honestly, I always wondered why the Colts had so many bandwagon fans since we always almost blow it in the playoffs outside of one season and usually end up one and done. The Peyton Colts fans can be among the worst, if we draft Luck I think we might have some drama......and honestly I want Luck.

Nothing compares to some Pats fans though. Good God. Many of them are loud and proud since 2002. Brady and Manning really developed some "interesting" fans. Personally I don't care if the Colts win with Manning or without him in the future. I just want to see this ship get back on track someday.

I love this Rodgers era in GB and I am going to follow it and I have been the last few seasons on the side, Rodgers is among the most impressive I have ever seen or maybe at times the most impressive. As for the Favre era I followed that too but never felt a real connection with Favre and his story like Aaron. I know some Colts fans who were on the Lions wagon saying they were going to win the NFC early this year, then they lost back to back games (which I predicted :)) and they kinda chilled out.

Now many are on living through Eli. Eli!!!! Don't get me wrong, I like Eli. I don't live through the Giants though since their QB is a Manning.

The Pack have more haters now too ya know. Many now realize they may not be a one hit wonder and are developing some envy for the team and especially Aaron Rodgers. And the better Aaron gets and does the more of a threat he is to other elite QB legacies. I personally want to see Aaron right now get as much as he can in his prime. He deserves it.

Why not hop on the Packers bandwagon and let the Pack be your #1 team?

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
You can't name 5 players on the team, specifically on Defense.
You can't name a coach other than McCarthy.
You go to church and don't know how to work a DVR/VCR
You have the money, but don't have a jersey.
You don't know who our last draft picks are.
LTF will like this one: You only post when we lose.
You still want Favre to come back.
You don't know who the owner is. :cool:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
You can't name 5 players on the team, specifically on Defense.

"Joe Gibbs" was just added to the Pack's practice squad. HOF Head Coaches on OUR practice squad!!

You can't name a coach other than McCarthy.

*** They're all here at Packer Forum*** HA! See above ... do I know coaches or what?

You go to church and don't know how to work a DVR/VCR

***Church???***

You have the money, but don't have a jersey.

Whoops...that'd be me. ..but in my defense, I have Dominic Olenichek's (his last name is tougher than mine to spell correctly) autograph

You don't know who our last draft picks are.

If you know who's on I.R., you can answer this one easily. ;o)

LTF will like this one: You only post when we lose.

..but...the Packers never 'lose'. They just run out of time.

You still want Favre to come back.

The world-renown photographer? Hmm I suppose, makes sense the Packers never really have replaced Verne Biever.

That would be the VFW post that would get a new war memorial if the Pack ever dissolved. ;)
(The Pack ever change the bylaws on that one? I"m not sure.

Ok---I took a stab at it... :tup:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
That would be the VFW post that would get a new war memorial if the Pack ever dissolved. ;)
(The Pack ever change the bylaws on that one? I"m not sure.
this from another thread

This is from packers.com............
Based on the original 'Articles of Incorporation for the (then) Green Bay Football Corporation' put into place in 1923, if the Packers franchise was sold, after the payment of all expenses, any remaining funds would go to the Sullivan-Wallen Post of the American Legion in order to build "a proper soldier's memorial." This stipulation was enacted to ensure that the club remained in Green Bay and that there could never be any financial enhancement for the shareholder. The beneficiary was changed from the Sullivan-Wallen Post to the Green Bay Packers Foundation on the basis of a shareholder vote at the November 1997 meeting.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Bandwagoners join the forum right after we win a playoff game and say they have a been a lifetime fan then they leave when we either lose or win the Super Bowl

RowdyPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know people that are casual fans of teams but does that make them a bandwagon fan? What I mean by casual is that they don't know much of the details like diehard fans do but they still support the team and represent with gear, etc. Just because they are not constantly talking about every detail and stat doesn't make them a bandwagon fan IMO. You have to admit that diehard fans are a different breed.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I know people that are casual fans of teams but does that make them a bandwagon fan? What I mean by casual is that they don't know much of the details like diehard fans do but they still support the team and represent with gear, etc. Just because they are not constantly talking about every detail and stat doesn't make them a bandwagon fan IMO. You have to admit that diehard fans are a different breed.
We'd say fairweather, but they show up any time we lose to complain too

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's easy to spot a bandwagoner ............. they probably only signed up for this Forum within the last year ........... no doubt they live a long way away from Green Bay ..........

Those first two are irrelevant really. For instance I never knew this forum existed until last week, and once I knew I still had a heck of a time locating a Packer fan forum that was active and not choked full of spammers. As for the location of residence, lol really? I've met a few people born outside the WI borders who are just as dedicated fans as anyone else inside the WI border. As for me I was born in La Crosse WI, and my life has taken me to numerous destenations since I them. Through it all I have bled Green and Gold

IMO there is only one determineing factor of Bandwagon fans. That is: they are if they became a fan of the team during a Super Bowl run or a really dominant regular season preformance, that happened relatively recently. Basically, if you became a fan of the Pack within the last 2 years; I've got some bad news for ya.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts