How many packers make the pro bowl in 2011?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many packers do you think will make the pro bowl in 2011?

We have enough nationally televised games that we should have the eyes on us.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A repeat of last year and none of them. If you know what I mean.
None will PLAY in the Pro Bowl, correct, as we're still preparing for the real Bowl.

But 11 will make it:

Rodgers
Jennings
Finley
Sitton
Clifton

Raji
Matthews
Woodson
Tramon
Collins

Crosby

Hawk, Cobb, and Ryan Grant are also possibilities!

Reaction score
Realistically?
Rodgers
Jennings
Finley
Williams
Woodson
Raji
Matthews
Collins
Sitton

Alternates:
Bishop/Hawk
Clifton

Unrealistically:
Every starter :)

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
No Masthay? The way he has been kicking since the second half of last season, he has as good of a chance as any.
I agree he's remarkable. You just wonder if he'll get enough exposure while the Packers light up scoreboards across the NFL.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
None will PLAY in the Pro Bowl, correct, as we're still preparing for the real Bowl.

But 11 will make it:

Rodgers
Jennings
Finley
Sitton
Clifton

Raji
Matthews
Woodson
Tramon
Collins

Crosby

Hawk, Cobb, and Ryan Grant are also possibilities!

I agree with this post entirely minus crosby but add masthay

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Rodgers
Finley
Sitton
T. Williams
Masthay

That's all. Not Jennings-- his numbers won't keep pace due to the need to spread the ball around. Finley will return to being Rodger's prime target. Not Matthews- he will be doubled up all season long as we won't have the same push from Jenkins/OLB elsewhere. Woodson might make it, but I gave the nod to Williams and simply doubt that both will be selected.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers
Finley
Sitton
T. Williams
Masthay

That's all. Not Jennings-- his numbers won't keep pace due to the need to spread the ball around. Finley will return to being Rodger's prime target. Not Matthews- he will be doubled up all season long as we won't have the same push from Jenkins/OLB elsewhere. Woodson might make it, but I gave the nod to Williams and simply doubt that both will be selected.

Wow, only one from the defense. Looks like Capers has his work cut out for him with only one Pro-Bowler to work with...

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers
Starks (sleeper pick)
Finely
Sitton
Raji
Matthews
Collins

if healthy:
Clifton

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clifton?
Crosby?
Yikes...
Clifton made it last year... now he's more famous after the Super Bowl.
We had more 1997 Packers make it than 1996 because the exposure of being the champs.
Crosby has a chance because he should lead the league in scoring. He should have made it as a rookie.

As for leaving Masthay off my team: I don't think he suits up for the final 14 games as we don't ever have to punt, and thru 2 games using him, they decide to carry 6 WRs instead :)

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Predicting who will make the pro bowl is kinda like predicting who wins miss america...

Here're guys that will be in contention for appearing in the pro bowl ballot (they won't be able to attend the game, though):

Rodgers
Jennings
Finley
Starks
Sitton

Raji
Matthews
Bishop
Williams
Collins

Masthay

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most of America, and around the NFL, they don't know who Bishop is. Realistically, he'd have to have huge plays in all the primetime games to make his name more "known".

peteralan71

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers, Matthews, and Woodson are all going to be shoe-ins. Finley would have been a popular choice at the beginning of the season but with drops and being targeted less than anybody had predicted, I don't think he makes it (Gresham and V. Davis will). Tramon has been much less productive this year because of his shoulder injury. Morgan Burnett has done well but we can't replace a Nick Collins, who would have made it IMO. Wells and Sitton should both make it but one can never say an OL is a shoe-in because they are the underappreciated bunch. And Jennings is on the fence I think.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of the pro bowl voting today.

Last year I think Rodgers should have made it over Matt Ryan, and there were 11 Falcon players total in the pro bowl and just look at how far they made it in the post season. People complained about Chris Johnson not getting in the Pro Bowl last year, but tell me how Drew Brees throws 20 something interceptions, and makes it to the pro bowl, but not Rodgers last season?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I expect to see a plethora of Lions and Bills this year. Packers never seem to get the love. I recall TB sending nine the first year they didn't suck in the 90's when the Packers had all of 5 the same year and I think went to the SB.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We will get the love this year, no question about it.
Desmond Bishop better make it too. Before our bye week, he was THE LEADING TACKLER in the NFL.
How does that not get him in? On an undefeated team. Super Bowl champs. He recovered the key fumble in the Super Bowl.

Chillarfan54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does it matter when they are going to the Super Bowl? lol I still think it's BS that the Commish has the Pro Bowl before the SB> If the fans vote a certain player in. They obviously want to see that player play. It's too much of a mess when the players get voted in and then have to be switched out with the runner up , because their team is in the SB.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Woodson, Bishop and Matthews

Rodgers, Jennings and Finley

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts