1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

how does this roster compare to other recent years?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Aug 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,014
    Its a nice stat. But talking great offenses doesnt include offenses from every season. When saying best packers offense of all time, thats rare air. Top 3 offense of all time in fact as I have pointed out before. Good offenses go a long way when you want to win a title. Great offenses seem to cover up flaws of the team until playoff time.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,014
    For that year sure, but when you are talking all time I dont consider every #1 or #2 offense to be great.

• Old Old x 1
  3. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,014
    At this point in history I guess teams that have scored 500 points or more in a season. If you finish with a top 10 season of all time in points scored then you have a great offense.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. E. Wolf

E. Wolf Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +88
    Yes and that top ten or top twelve (who cares) list does not consist of all great offenses. As I wrote before, some of those Niner offenses, our 96 team were great offenses by any definition. Your stats also put the Saints and Colts teams in that .
    Anyway, it is the height of absurdity to suggest that you would not want a record setting offense, PROVIDED of course that you have a substantial defense. I don't feel that anyone on here has suggested otherwise.
    As for litigating his absurd post and subsequent trackbacks and attacks, he never said historically great, or top ten or top twelve. He simply wrote "great."

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. brandon2348

brandon2348 GO PACK GO!

Ratings:
    +382
    It better not take 4 years. He isn't a corner coming out of Bethune college making a move to safety. Common man. This guy started for 2 years at Safety for "Alabama" and was 21st player taken in the draft. Eric Reid was all-pro FS last year his rookie year. Earl Thomas Killed it his rookie year at FS. I was worried about Dix's speed back there and I made my concerns known before the draft. If you remember I wanted TT to trade up and get Mosley and get Terrence Brooks who has "speed" later. Other then Sam Shields are secondary lacks "speed".

Thank god Dix is more physical then I thought he was going to be and has a nose for the football. I think we might of ended up drafting a SS.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  6. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,956
    Put people on ignore when arguments start---

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.