how does this roster compare to other recent years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're the one assuming I didn't read every comment on this thread, which I did. You're elitism is tiring.

EDIT: How about this for your stats: Since 1970, the #1 or #2 offense has won the Super Bowl 17 times. 17/44 is nearly 40% of the time.

Its a nice stat. But talking great offenses doesnt include offenses from every season. When saying best packers offense of all time, thats rare air. Top 3 offense of all time in fact as I have pointed out before. Good offenses go a long way when you want to win a title. Great offenses seem to cover up flaws of the team until playoff time.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess it comes down to your definition of "great" since you never defined it. I consider #1 and #2 offenses to be pretty great.
For that year sure, but when you are talking all time I dont consider every #1 or #2 offense to be great.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, then instead of defining what the term isn't, why don't you define what a great offense is.

At this point in history I guess teams that have scored 500 points or more in a season. If you finish with a top 10 season of all time in points scored then you have a great offense.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I still expect Clinton-Dix to turn into this guy but free safety is a tough position to learn in the NFL. It took a lot of great FS until their fourth year to make a huge impact.

It better not take 4 years. He isn't a corner coming out of Bethune college making a move to safety. Common man. This guy started for 2 years at Safety for "Alabama" and was 21st player taken in the draft. Eric Reid was all-pro FS last year his rookie year. Earl Thomas Killed it his rookie year at FS. I was worried about Dix's speed back there and I made my concerns known before the draft. If you remember I wanted TT to trade up and get Mosley and get Terrence Brooks who has "speed" later. Other then Sam Shields are secondary lacks "speed".

Thank god Dix is more physical then I thought he was going to be and has a nose for the football. I think we might of ended up drafting a SS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts