How Come There is NEVER any credit for Rodgers?

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Our offense is so dependent on the play of our quarterback that if he is even slightly off, it magnifies the deficiencies of the rest of the unit, but it also gives the impression that he is playing worse than he really is.

If Rodgers is off, we don't have a running game to fall back on like Brady and the Patriots. We don't have supremely talented skill guys to fall back on. It's Rodgers or bust, and I understand that he set some ridiculously high standards for himself, but he also doesn't have nearly enough around him as what he used to have.

I mean think about it. How many quarterbacks in the NFL could be as effective as Rodgers has been this season when teams know that you don't have a running game, and that you don't have a security blanket, reliable tight end?

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Several great men have had their off days......Lee at Gettysburg.....Napoleon at Waterloo.....Custer at the Little Big Horn and Nixon at the Watergate !
pretty sure nobody accused Nixon of actually being AT the Watergate lol.... until now...

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I think Rodgers has created a lot of his own problems this year by not hitting the open guys underneath consistently. When he does do it, the offense gets going in rythym on some good long drives which also keeps our defense off the field. It also allows the RB's by committee to break off some decent runs. He just needs to be patient and take what the defense is giving him.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everybody on this team played their own part in this teams struggles, including Rodgers. He's been better as of late, and it should come as not surprise that a the guy you gets the ball on every play making better decisions and throwing better passes has a bigger impact than most other positions.

He can be better than most, so if he's at a high level, i always like our chances, but no man does it alone.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I think Rodgers has created a lot of his own problems this year by not hitting the open guys underneath consistently. When he does do it, the offense gets going in rythym on some good long drives which also keeps our defense off the field. It also allows the RB's by committee to break off some decent runs. He just needs to be patient and take what the defense is giving him.
This is a very fair analysis. I can get with this, although McCarthy finally utilized much more underneath stuff the past couple of games after seeing some success with it against Chicago and Atlanta.

The 3 wide shotgun "playground set" where everyone runs 80 yards down the field isn't something that should be relied upon, and I think that's where a lot of the issue was early on with Rodgers' struggles.

But yes. He has certainly neglected to hit the open man in the flat or underneath at times, which has stalled some drives.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
This is a very fair analysis. I can get with this, although McCarthy finally utilized much more underneath stuff the past couple of games after seeing some success with it against Chicago and Atlanta.

The 3 wide shotgun "playground set" where everyone runs 80 yards down the field isn't something that should be relied upon, and I think that's where a lot of the issue was early on with Rodgers' struggles.

But yes. He has certainly neglected to hit the open man in the flat or underneath at times, which has stalled some drives.
Agree stalling drives result in bad field position and points not going on the scoreboard. All the dropped passes earlier in the season hurt in this regard as well imo. It's just been a snowball going down the hill most of the season. Hopefully we've hit bottom and are getting it together now.

Reaction score
:tup:
I`m NEVER wrong :D, even when I`m not right.
It's right to think that when you're wrong youre still right. But Its wrong to think that when I'm wrong I'm really wrong for all the right reasons :rolleyes:
I apologize I was just watching an old rerun of Frick and Frack and I just had to Buggs :tup:

Reaction score
Packers offense is predicated on the play of Aaron Rodgers, no way around it at this point. The offense has no running game to speak of and AR's receiving weapons, for the most part, depend on how well the QB is playing. Meaning, I don't think their level of play would go up if Hundley played. So we live or die by the arm (and feet) of Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers deserves a ton of credit for the success of the Green Bay Packers during his playing time, without AR, the Packers very well could be a mid to low level team.
To say the least. Without Rodgers we're in the running for a top 3 draft pick

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

:tup:
It's right to think that when you're wrong youre still right. But Its wrong to think that when I'm wrong I'm really wrong for all the right reasons :rolleyes:
I apologize I was just watching an old rerun of Frick and Frack and I just had to Buggs :tup:

I absolve you of your sins. Go in peace :D

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I studied religion for A level at school, so that ALMOST makes me a priest. ;)

Members online

Latest posts