How Come There is NEVER any credit for Rodgers?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tongue and cheek title here, but I did want to point out that against Houston we were tied 7-7 at the end of the third quarter. Rodgers could have waited until the fourth by led Green Bay on two successive TD drives beginning with a 12-play 98 yarder. I want people to keep that in mind when discussing his 4th quarter comeback numbers. He often puts games away before it's needed.

Maybe this would be a good time for those folks that mid-season were calling for Rodgers to be benched in favor of Hundley to step forward and admit that they were trigger happy.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think anyone actually considered benching Rodgers to be a good move. To think anything to the contrary would be ludicrous.......

At the same time, he was NOT playing well early in the season, there is no need to sugar coat it. He was missing receivers and sulking and panicking. Has his play improved? Yes. Is it where I expect it to be? No. He is not there yet. Keep in mind that I hold Aaron to a ridiculously high standard because I've seen what he is capable of. For example, that throw that sailed over a wide open Davante's head in the (2nd?) on second down, followed by a miss to Monty on third were troubling. You just cannot miss opportunities like that when every play is MAGNIFIED against better teams. Two years ago he puts those on the money in his sleep, especially the big-gainer to Davante (yes I'm aware of the weather). The thing is, he used to put damn near every throw where it needed to be with pinpoint accuracy (i.e. vs Atlanta 2010 playoffs) and never ever took a throw for granted.

He seems to be more content with his misses which are more frequent these days. Yes, he is playing very well as of late, but it will take a herculean effort for him to carry this team deep into the playoffs. Even this week, he'll have to take his game up a few notches to beat Seattle. Our QB's expectations are insanely high because he has as much ability as anyone ever to play the position, and I wouldn't have it any other way

Last edited:
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I THINK the thread was created as a tongue in cheek comment ?

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't think anyone actually considered benching Rodgers to be a good move. To think anything to the contrary would be ludicrous...

There were several posters around this forum suggesting Rodgers should be benched early in the season.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't remember - 'benched' as in sit down for a while an think about it or as in replaced for good?

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were several posters around this forum suggesting Rodgers should be benched early in the season.

I recall, but do we really think these posters meant what they said? I'm inclined to think it was just frustration, and am also inclined to forgive them.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Packers offense is predicated on the play of Aaron Rodgers, no way around it at this point. The offense has no running game to speak of and AR's receiving weapons, for the most part, depend on how well the QB is playing. Meaning, I don't think their level of play would go up if Hundley played. So we live or die by the arm (and feet) of Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers deserves a ton of credit for the success of the Green Bay Packers during his playing time, without AR, the Packers very well could be a mid to low level team.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I repeatedly said after the week 2 game at Minnesota that all of the bashing, overreacting, and insanely unfair persistence that Rodgers needed to either be sat down, or benched, etc would look so incredibly foolish sooner rather than later, and not surprisingly, no one has came out and said "okay I jumped the gun".

Expecting more from Rodgers was understandable. Being frustrated was understandable. But the constant drivel about "I want Hundley now", and TRADE RODGERS AND START OVER was so insanely idiotic I would want to pull my hair out.

C-Lee said it best in the first reply of this thread.

I would love to see at least a few step up and eat some crow. But I suspect that those reactionaries will sit quietly in the background.

I said it then, I'll say it now. Rodgers has earned the benefit of the doubt from me. I have the ultimate trust in him. And he has very rarely disappointed.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
As far as benching AR, while I was never a proponent of that, unless we were out of the playoff race, I recall those who were thought it would somehow motivate him into playing better. I can kind of see that move with if Rodgers was a rookie or if you have someone who could potentially be better long term, but neither of those apply to AR and Hundley IMO.

I

This is just too funny. All of us who said Rodgers sucked when he sucked are supposed to eat our words because he finally pulled his head from up his *** and did what he gets very well paid to do ?? I`m as pleased as everybody that he looks like he`s getting his mojo back, but we`re 6-6, not 12-0 and IF we make it to the playoffs it will because our divisional rival implodes. Let`s not get silly here. Rodgers has some way to go just yet !

D

Deleted member 6794

This is just too funny. All of us who said Rodgers sucked when he sucked are supposed to eat our words because he finally pulled his head from up his *** and did what he gets very well paid to do ?? I`m as pleased as everybody that he looks like he`s getting his mojo back, but we`re 6-6, not 12-0 and IF we make it to the playoffs it will because our divisional rival implodes. Let`s not get silly here. Rodgers has some way to go just yet !

There's no doubt Rodgers struggled early this season. Suggesting to bench him in favor of Hundley was insane nevertheless though.

I

There's no doubt Rodgers struggled early this season. Suggesting to bench him in favor of Hundley was insane nevertheless though.

We`ll have to agree to disagree on this issue then Capt. I refuse to admit I was wrong saying Rodgers needed a serious boot up his highly paid ***. Simply put, he was playing crap but for some reason we`re not allowed to say stuff like that about superman !! I`m as relieved as anybody he`s bucked his ideas up, but I got a bit sick of the ideas that he needed help. If you or I were not doing what we are paid to do, our ***** would be toast, and I think when you are earning the money he is, it`s his duty to DO that job. JMHO

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I was one of those.
But I don't think we can be blamed for suggesting that.
A-Rod was very rusty going back to last season. He was not in the top form we are so used to seeing him in.
He is finally improving and I'll give him credit for that.
I think it's too soon to call it that the Pack is back and Rodgers is back in top form, though.
Keep winning and then I'll feel that way.
And no. I don't want him benched anymore.

D

Deleted member 6794

But I don't think we can be blamed for suggesting that.

I disagree with this assessment as it should have been pretty obvious that suggesting to bench a two time MVP quarterback for another who hadn't thrown a pass in the regular season at that point was a terrible idea.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love to see at least a few step up and eat some crow.
I'm vegan, for animal rights and do what I can to live as cruelty free of a lifestyle.
So I don't like that expression and I really love birds. Yes, even crows.

I'll eat eggplant instead. Raw. Because I hate raw eggplant.

Members online

Latest posts