How Come There is NEVER any credit for Rodgers?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I disagree with this assessment as it should have been pretty obvious that suggesting to bench a two time MVP quarterback for another who hadn't thrown a pass in the regular season at that point was a terrible idea.

So we were supposed to give him hugs and cuddles and tell him everything will be okay ? He`s a grown man who is paid ridiculously high amounts to do a job that people would die to be able to do. The guy wasn`t doing his job, well not to my satisfaction anyway, so as far as eating crow ?, don`t hold your breath for that one.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree with this assessment as it should have been pretty obvious that suggesting to bench a two time MVP quarterback for another who hadn't thrown a pass in the regular season at that point was a terrible idea.
I was frustrated and impatient at seeing his play suck.
There were those who questioned if he was over the hill and never going to get better.
How can anyone be blamed for thinking that when he was consistently bad instead of good?

Well, you have your opinions, thoughts and feelings on this and I have mine.
Everyone is going to have different ones and they may not always match up or be in agreement.

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't blame Rodgers for the losses. It would be hard for Jesus Christ to win games when the defense is constantly yielding 35 to 40 points a game !

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could be worse. We could still have Favre throwing game ending picks.

We will never forget you Brent against the Giants in the playoffs!
And thank you for that gift when you played against the Taints for Minnysoda!

I

Don't blame Rodgers for the losses. It would be hard for Jesus Christ to win games when the defense is constantly yielding 35 to 40 points a game !

Sorry, I`m just shaking my head here. As fans, do we all need to wear rose coloured glasses ?. Sorry Mr Mason, but I think you`re wrong defending him here. The whole team stunk up the place, including Rodgers.

D

Deleted member 6794

So we were supposed to give him hugs and cuddles and tell him everything will be okay ? He`s a grown man who is paid ridiculously high amounts to do a job that people would die to be able to do. The guy wasn`t doing his job, well not to my satisfaction

There were a lot of good reasons to criticize Rodgers early this season but not to bench him though as Hundley for sure wouldn't have given the Packers a better chance to win. In addition it was to be expected that at some point he will return to performing at an elite level.

I

There were a lot of good reasons to criticize Rodgers early this season but not to bench him though as Hundley for sure wouldn't have given the Packers a better chance to win. In addition it was to be expected that at some point he will return to performing at an elite level.

I think the general consensus was to make him aware that his position wasn`t written in stone. We had a similar situation with Favre years ago when he thought he was above attending training camp. These players need to know they are not bigger than the organisation. The Green Bay Packers are forever.

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, I`m just shaking my head here. As fans, do we all need to wear rose coloured glasses ?. Sorry Mr Mason, but I think you`re wrong defending him here. The whole team stunk up the place, including Rodgers.

Do you expect Rodgers to have a 122.5 QB rating every game ? Every year ? Did Babe Ruth hit 60 home runs every year ? Not fair to Rodgers to expect him to preform at a peak level all the time. These are human beings....not machines.
Also don't forget this is a team sport, not Rodgers on the PGA tour.

Would you bench Rodgers for Hundley or Callahan ? Never....Never......Never.

I

Do you expect Rodgers to have a 122.5 QB rating every game ? Every year ? Did Babe Ruth hit 60 home runs every year ? Not fair to Rodgers to expect him to preform at a peak level all the time. These are human beings....not machines.

And I agree totally, it`s a team game and he is just part of the team. He is NOT immune to criticism, although it seems at times he is. It was the same with Favre. To put it simply as I`ve said on many occasions, I am a fan of The Green Bay Packers. I am a fan of any player that sweats blood for the Green Bay Packers. If I believe a player is not giving his all for the team, I will be vocal about it. That is my way and I make no apology for it. I respect however anybody who has a different opinion without telling me I`m wrong to feel the way I do.

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I agree totally, it`s a team game and he is just part of the team. He is NOT immune to criticism, although it seems at times he is. It was the same with Favre. To put it simply as I`ve said on many occasions, I am a fan of The Green Bay Packers. I am a fan of any player that sweats blood for the Green Bay Packers. If I believe a player is not giving his all for the team, I will be vocal about it. That is my way and I make no apology for it. I respect however anybody who has a different opinion without telling me I`m wrong to feel the way I do.

I'm in no way saying that Rodgers hasn't had off games...he has. I just believe in looking at things in the Macroeconomic way rather than the Microeconomic way.

D

Deleted member 6794

And I agree totally, it`s a team game and he is just part of the team. He is NOT immune to criticism, although it seems at times he is.

There hasn't been a single poster suggesting Rodgers shouldn't be criticized for his performance early this season. Benching him is completely different story though.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No point in debating someone who deals in absolutes, but here it goes.

I don't expect perfect performances from anyone ALL THE TIME. For Rodgers, however, at $22 mil/yr, I would like to see something over 100 more than half the time. More importantly, I'd like to see him stop missing the few open receivers he has.

Pretty sure that 60 home run thing was THE record for a very long time. Hence, no, I wouldn't have expected Ruth to duplicate it EVERY YEAR. However, he was paid very, very well to hit homers, so I would have expected him to be benched if he didn't do it regularly.

Finally, you need to re-word the last sentence, as people to whom that question could be addresse have already indicated they would do so.

I

I'm in no way saying that Rodgers hasn't had off games...he has. I just believe in looking at things in the Macroeconomic way rather than the Microeconomic way.

Well I think we`ve reached that point were we have to agree to disagree as our opinions differ. If it had been one or two games where he played poorly I`d cut him some slack but this lacklustre play went quite a few games back. I hope he`s turned a corner, I really do, but I`ll reserve my judgement just yet.

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There hasn't been a single poster suggesting Rodgers shouldn't be criticized for his performance early this season. Benching him is completely different story though.

Does criticism anger Rodgers ? There is such a thing as constructive criticism. I'm sure all of us have been fairly and unfairly criticized in our lives. It's just something we all have to deal with including AR.

I

The feeling, or rather I should say MY feeling as I seem to be having to defend my view of the situation was, and I repeat was......He needed to know that he wasn`t above criticism, and COULD be replaced in a game if he wasn`t performing well enough.
Others felt the same, but it`s up to them to defend their views.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
So do you feel as if he just wasn't playing well, or do you feel as if he wasn't giving it his all? Because there could be a very big difference between the two.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers wasn't on his A game, I never felt at any point that this team and winning weren't important to him. I don't think anyone on this team has played like they didn't care.

I

So do you feel as if he just wasn't playing well, or do you feel as if he wasn't giving it his all? Because there could be a very big difference between the two.

My perception of it was his heart didn`t seem to be in it, but he also looked like he thought it was everybody else who was ******** up. His whole body language seemed wrong to me, and it irritated the hell out of me. Others may have seen it differently but that was my view. I hate prima donnas.

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Several great men have had their off days......Lee at Gettysburg.....Napoleon at Waterloo.....Custer at the Little Big Horn and Nixon at the Watergate !

I

Several great men have had their off days......Lee at Gettysburg.....Napoleon at Waterloo.....Custer at the Little Big Horn and Nixon at the Watergate !

And every man is entitled to an off day, but he didn`t have an off day, he had several off days time and time again, and those great men you mentioned, and in my own opinion Custer does not come into that category, lost big time when they had their bad days !

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree. I think it's a bit unfair to accuse a player of lack of effort unless you have some evidence to back your claim. Rodgers has always admitted to needing to improve when he hasn't played well.
I think the criticism of Favre is unfair as well. No doubt he made some poor decisions at times, but I never questioned his effort or desire to win.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see it from both sides.
On the one, there are those who love A-Rod.
I am one of those. As a player, he is my favorite team member which is why I keep his avatar even when he is lousy.
Because of his awesome play, he is a two time MVP, a Super Bowl winner and SB MVP.
That image of Clay putting the title belt on Rodger's shoulder as he hoists the Lombardi trophy is hard to forget.
So remembering goes along with knowing that right now, as it is, he is our best hope.
So far the numbers show that the 2nd QB in line, Brett Hundley is not doing so well. However, he has not had much experience.
I was hoping to see him play better than he did in his most recent game.
But we still don't really know how good he is because he hasn't had much of a chance to show it.

On the other hand, when Rodgers plays bad, that is in the present and that is all we can go with.
A few weeks ago, we had no idea if he would beat the Texans.
Things were looking bad for the Packers and it was suggested that we would have a losing season, which we still could.
Until he climbs out of that hole, he is still struggling and that is when it just doesn't feel right for him to keep playing.
I don't think he is quite out of it, but he is getting closer near the top.
I will admit that benching him would have probably been the wrong move (Maybe Brett would have won more games for us. We will never know.) but I will not admit for being wrong for feeling as pessimistic as I did.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts