hotels in green bay

cheesyscot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I found a story about the schedule and how it effects the hotels in the area. One Hotel that has pissed me off is the Best Western Midway in GB. I called them three weeks ago to see if I could get some rooms for the Raiders game, I was told I couldn't until the scedule came out. I thought that makes sense so I waited like everyone else and called Wed. I thought I'd get nothing but a busy signal so I called about 5 minutes before noon and to my surprise I got through. I was then TOLD that ALL rooms for the entile season is sold out! I was like how can that be the scedule hasn't come out yet and was then told that they have there rooms sold to companys and other BS like that. I'm ok with the fact that they are sold out but don't lie and say you can't get a room until the scedule comes out if that's not how it truely is. Now the Raiders game is important because my cousin and 5 other Raider fans are gonna fly in for the game. Now I know what you are thinking going to a game with the other teams fans isn't cool. These guys all want to take in EVERYTHING about the PACK. They understand the history and are true football fans. Sorry about the rant I needed to get that off my chest. Oh I did get us three rooms downtown at the Holiday Inn.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
all about the corporate dollar it seems??

But try out skirts of GB..

Kewaunee is a 30 min drive and I got a room for under 90$ a month before the Pitt game 2 years ago

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hotel rooms availability in Green Bay for a Packer home game weekends has always been a problem, especially the hotels closest to Lambeau Field. And Midway Hotel is only one block from Lambeau Field. And the Midway is not one of the largest Hotels in Green Bay.

Most Packer fans have been booking hotel rooms for Packer game week ends for many, many years and some in same motels each year and probably know how the system works.

You should feel fortunate to get three rooms at Holiday Inn downtown. It is a good hotel and it really not that far away from Lambeau. it isn't worth getting yourself work up about not getting the exact Hotel you wanted.

You could have found yourself getting a room 30, to 40 miles away from Green Bay. Remember Green Bay is smallest city(metro area of 220,000) and can't possibly fill the needs of all Packer fans needng rooms on a Packer home game weekend (only 10 weekends a year)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats right, at least you did get rooms. I know it ticked you off, but don't let it ruin what i'm sure will be a great time for you!
Congrats on getting to go to the game!

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, I believe there's a shuttle that runs from Lambeau to the downtown motels like Holiday Inn. May be something to check out to save yourself parking and driving hassles.

There's also a sports bar next door to the Holiday Inn that has great food & drink specials.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
all about the corporate dollar it seems??

But try out skirts of GB..

Kewaunee is a 30 min drive and I got a room for under 90$ a month before the Pitt game 2 years ago

You stayed a month?

LOL..it looks that way doesnt it..

but I got the room a MONTH before the pitts game..

Nov 6th was the date of the game I got the hotel room about end of Sept, begining of Oct

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I found a story about the schedule and how it effects the hotels in the area. One Hotel that has pissed me off is the Best Western Midway in GB. I called them three weeks ago to see if I could get some rooms for the Raiders game, I was told I couldn't until the scedule came out. I thought that makes sense so I waited like everyone else and called Wed. I thought I'd get nothing but a busy signal so I called about 5 minutes before noon and to my surprise I got through. I was then TOLD that ALL rooms for the entile season is sold out! I was like how can that be the scedule hasn't come out yet and was then told that they have there rooms sold to companys and other BS like that. I'm ok with the fact that they are sold out but don't lie and say you can't get a room until the scedule comes out if that's not how it truely is. Now the Raiders game is important because my cousin and 5 other Raider fans are gonna fly in for the game. Now I know what you are thinking going to a game with the other teams fans isn't cool. These guys all want to take in EVERYTHING about the PACK. They understand the history and are true football fans. Sorry about the rant I needed to get that off my chest. Oh I did get us three rooms downtown at the Holiday Inn.

Stay in a nearby town, I live in Wausau WI and go to games all the time.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The motels usually block off as soon as the schedule is announced, then a few weeks later the rooms that are not booked by corporate entities find their way back to the market, so it might be worth looking a little later.

I typically stay in the Appleton/Neenah area and have no trouble finding rooms.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I too wait a bit to get my rooms and end up out in Appleton or even Oshkosh.
But if you want to take in all the sights (Saturday nite as well.) that's too far away.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The motels usually block off as soon as the schedule is announced, then a few weeks later the rooms that are not booked by corporate entities find their way back to the market

I wonder why that is? I believe the hotels near Lambeau require a two night minimum and will not refund your money if you need to cancel. So why would a hotel reserve a block when they can sell it 29 seconds after the schedule comes out?

Perhaps it is something like this: Some of the hotels partner up with some tour outfits and reserve rooms for them. If a tour doesn't sell out their packages the hotel put the room back on the market.

My parents live 30 miles south of Green Bay which means I have a my own personal free bed and breakfast.

How did that old TV commercial go? Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. :)

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has anyone ever gotten tickets through Packer Fan Tours? I'm considering purchasing tickets for the Skins game to see #4 break the TD record. ;)

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
God I love Green Bay.
We even stayed in an east side dive when we went down for the famed Redskin -Packer game. This place was a rent by the hour place. There was stains on the sheets and my wife found hair on her pillow. If you stood barefeet on the "carpet" you felt like you were standing on a pigs back.
You can put up with any old inconvenience to be at a Packer game.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has anyone ever gotten tickets through Packer Fan Tours? I'm considering purchasing tickets for the Skins game to see #4 break the TD record. ;)

Packer Fan Tours is officially endorsed by the Green Bay Packers so they're an A-plus outfit. Not necessarily the cheapest but there is no one you can trust more.

OP
OP
C

cheesyscot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the thing that made me mad was the fact I called three times leading up to the schedule being released and was told I couldn't get a room before the schedule came out. I'm not un happy to be downtown because in the end I'll get to the places I want. And someone said they thought you needed to stay two nights which is true, it does seem like the corp.dollar drives it all. oh well go pack go.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packer fan tours is awesome. ungodly expensive, but great. last game i went to we stayed in wausau. this year i'm trying to decide whether to stay in wausau again or in appleton. appleton is good because it's closer, and wausau is good because it's closer to minneapolis (where i am unfortunate enough to be living for the next 3 years).

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it does seem like the corp.dollar drives it all

There are several variables to the equation, one of them being that there are plenty of fans willing to pay, no questions asked.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
packer fan tours is awesome. ungodly expensive, but great. last game i went to we stayed in wausau. this year i'm trying to decide whether to stay in wausau again or in appleton. appleton is good because it's closer, and wausau is good because it's closer to minneapolis (where i am unfortunate enough to be living for the next 3 years).

Stay in Wausau, you can stay at my house :lol: Packer party? :D

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
God I love Green Bay.
We even stayed in an east side dive when we went down for the famed Redskin -Packer game. This place was a rent by the hour place. There was stains on the sheets and my wife found hair on her pillow. If you stood barefeet on the "carpet" you felt like you were standing on a pigs back.
Can we all say............."EEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!"
Rent by the hour..........hmmm..............i wonder how many guys named "John" stayed there??? :rotflmao:

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thought you posters on this topic might be interested in a article that appeared in the Green Bay Press-Gazette concerning Packer home game schedule and how it effects Hotels in Green Bay and Packer fans

.By Tony Walter
[email protected] April 12, 2007

Autumn Sundays in Green Bay won't be the same this year.
The Green Bay Packers schedule announced Wednesday frees the team and its fans on five Sunday afternoons, a fact that long-time team officials say is precedent-setting.
"I can't ever remember that," said Carol Edwin, the team's veteran ticket office supervisor.
"It's a rare occasion," said team historian Lee Remmel.
The Packers regular-season schedule is a rite of spring.
The 2007 version includes two Thursday games, one Sunday night game, and one Monday night game in addition. The team also has a bye week.
Like everyone else, local hotel managers get to see the schedule at the same time the fans see it. For properties heavily into the convention and wedding business and scheduled as much as two years in advance, the NFL schedule could never be released soon enough.
"You can't wait for the Packers schedule to come out in April," said Randy Christiansen, manager of Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel, 2580 S. Ashland Ave.
"I tell brides it's a 50-50 chance their event will fall on a Packers weekend. They understand that. I try not to penalize the wedding guests because of the Packers schedule."
Blaze Brigman, general manager of Regency Suites Hotel and KI Convention Center, said they "try to have a game plan in place. We have conventions scheduled and try to work around that."
There are no games on Christmas Day or Christmas Eve.
And for those who can't imagine doing something un-Packerlike on Sunday afternoon, the Neville Public Museum in Green Bay offers a permanent video exhibit ? "Hometown Advantage: The Community & the Packers." The museum is open Sundays.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
God I love Green Bay.
Rent by the hour..........hmmm..............i wonder how many guys named "John" stayed there??? :rotflmao:

When I registered I found it really bizzare that everyone else staying there was named John Smith and were all salesmen from Minneapolis.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
yooperfan said:
God I love Green Bay.

When I registered I found it really bizzare that everyone else staying there was named John Smith and were all salesmen from Minneapolis.
Hmmm......i would have thought they were all Vikings players!!!!
Oh wait.........i bet they were!!! :rotflmao:

Latest posts