History of the Forum

GBpackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good question. There might be a place on this site that will tell the start date. It was a good idea to start this site because most NFL team pages do have a board except Packers.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Looking at old topics, it seems like it used to be a lot more active than it is now.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I entered this forum when it had another owner.

Longtimefan, PTW, cheesey, wischeez, Wizard 87 are the older posters that I've seen ative, and they can clarify it much better, but to me it seems like it got really ugly between the "TT supporters" and the "Favre supporters", and that's what happened...

As for beign slow now, when the draft goes on and the season kicks off, it gets more active.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It was more active there was a guy named...?? Can't recall his name, but he owned and ran this

Then out of the blue he sold it, or had someone else take it over to monitor it? But it went south and fast..Another member Zero2cool had a forum going for his own private use to store things Packer related..Little by little all of us went to over there...

I have my own personal opinion of his forum now, but lot still post there

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ryan! that was his name..

I cant recall but I am pretty sure at one point he sold it?? that is when it got really bad

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Now there's a name I remember ... Ryan ... I believe he's the guy that sent me the first Email regarding this forum. I was pretty involved in a different forum at the time and my wife was always screaming at me about the amount of time I spent on the net..particularly at these Packers forums and I kind of drifted away from all of them. Then I got another Email here about a year ago and didn't even remember signing up here. Looked around and found it to be a pretty forum with some pretty darn good people posting...so, I'm back...when work allows me some free time.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I signed up a while ago. Don't remember who was in charge. Never really posted until the last few years. Forums always seem to go through cycles. Every once in a while they go downhill and good people leave, they get cleaned up and re-invent themselves. I have quit at least 4 forums in the last few years due to jerks and trolls taking over. One thing I hate more than anything else is a fan from another team coming over to talk smack. Talking football is one thing, talking crap is something else. (Yeah, I know it odd coming from a Viking fan on a Packer board.)

spack84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I signed up a while ago. Don't remember who was in charge. Never really posted until the last few years. Forums always seem to go through cycles. Every once in a while they go downhill and good people leave, they get cleaned up and re-invent themselves. I have quit at least 4 forums in the last few years due to jerks and trolls taking over. One thing I hate more than anything else is a fan from another team coming over to talk smack. Talking football is one thing, talking crap is something else. (Yeah, I know it odd coming from a Viking fan on a Packer board.)

I use to post at espn in the early 00's as Packertime84 and me and some other Packers Fans moved to another board that another guy made, because of all the trolling and BS over at the espn forums. I still post at the forum we moved to, now I go to two other boards with one of them being here. I like seeing other fans options on thing's.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I use to post at espn in the early 00's as Packertime84 and me and some other Packers Fans moved to another board that another guy made, because of all the trolling and BS over at the espn forums. I still post at the forum we moved to, now I go to two other boards with one of them being here. I like seeing other fans options on thing's.

I also post at ESPN under gbfan1967, although only about a post every month or so....

I cant stand the trolls there either...So here I can help control that...

Raptor said it and I agree...Smack is great but to just troll wont be tolerated at least by me

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
My first Packers forum was the "Green Bay Press Gazette" forum. While I still post there every once in a while it seems you have to be certain mentality to post there if your a Packer fan. I have two others I go to besides this one that are pretty good. Very few fans of other teams last long at any of them. Which tells me they come to talk smack, not football.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My first Packers forum was the "Green Bay Press Gazette" forum. While I still post there every once in a while it seems you have to be certain mentality to post there if your a Packer fan. I have two others I go to besides this one that are pretty good. Very few fans of other teams last long at any of them. Which tells me they come to talk smack, not football.
I find all the big media vehicles to be full of kids and trolls... JSO, GBPG, ESPN, NFL... Real fans are in private forums and blogs, that's my take...

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
whats the highest position someone can be? I see some of you guys are offensive coaches and defensive coaches.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan (don't know his last name) was the owner of this site when I signed up. Ryan was from, Omaha I believe, and found out after a couple of years of running it, it became hard to keep up with. He sold out to the next owner, Chad and he had it for a little while. It became a zoo here, so I volunteered to become a mod and try to clean the place up. I recommended another poster here to help out with the mod duties (PackOne), and also found wizard 87 and got him signed up. If I remember correctly, Longtime was also added after about 2 or 3 months as a mod (after PackOne left), and together we got the forum back on track. Rob took over as the owner/admin of the forum out of the blue one day. Chad never even gave us any idea he was going to be leaving. I think Rob is doing a Great job at continuing with, and making this forum a better place!
Most of the real old posters went to another forum when Ryan sold out here, just like LT said.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan (don't know his last name) was the owner of this site when I signed up. Ryan was from, Omaha I believe, and found out after a couple of years of running it, it became hard to keep up with. He sold out to the next owner, Chad and he had it for a little while. It became a zoo here, so I volunteered to become a mod and try to clean the place up. I recommended ( and he asked about the same time) another poster here to help out with the mod duties (PackOne), and also found wizard 87 and got him signed up. If I remember correctly, Longtime was also added after about 2 or 3 months as a mod (after PackOne left), and together we got the forum back on track. Rob took over as the owner/admin of the forum out of the blue one day. Chad never even gave us any idea he was going to be leaving. I think Rob is doing a Great job at continuing with, and making this forum a better place!
Most of the real old posters went to another forum when Ryan sold out here, just like LT said.
PackOne is Alex form packerslounge, right?

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup

He and I started modding within 1 day of each other. You should have seen this place then! What a madhouse! Zillions of trolls, and people posting with swear words in the titles, it was fun! Lots of permabans back then.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And this was all because of Favre?

Has anyone ever made it long enough to be a hall of famer?

Members online

Latest posts