History of the Forum

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And this was all because of Favre?

Has anyone ever made it long enough to be a hall of famer?

Yes and no.
Favre had a lot to do with it, but Ryan decided to sell the forum to Chad, and that's when everyone started leaving.

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan did start and operate packer forum , I think starting around 2003. Ryan originally was from Wisconsin and moved to Nebraska as teenager. Ryan worked in computor department of Business in Nebraska. He did an excellent job of operating packerforum and it grew very quickly . I started posting on packerforum in 2005.

Many posters on packerforum left it , when Ryan sold the forum to "BLUE".

PWT . A Green Bay born and raised very long time Packer fan, now located just 5 miles south of Lambeau Field in DePere, Wi.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does the forum make enough to break even? No idea how was something like this generates

lancer84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan (don't know his last name) was the owner of this site when I signed up. Ryan was from, Omaha I believe, and found out after a couple of years of running it, it became hard to keep up with. He sold out to the next owner, Chad and he had it for a little while. It became a zoo here, so I volunteered to become a mod and try to clean the place up. I recommended another poster here to help out with the mod duties (PackOne), and also found wizard 87 and got him signed up. If I remember correctly, Longtime was also added after about 2 or 3 months as a mod (after PackOne left), and together we got the forum back on track. Rob took over as the owner/admin of the forum out of the blue one day. Chad never even gave us any idea he was going to be leaving. I think Rob is doing a Great job at continuing with, and making this forum a better place!
Most of the real old posters went to another forum when Ryan sold out here, just like LT said.

Wow, you don't know how awesome it is to read all of this thread! I love history... and wow lol. So how much did this forum sell for? Secondly who would I need to talk to about getting VIP access?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cmon, people. Do you honestly think you'll get the info on how much this forum makes? If I were the owner, I wouldn't share any info about money, no offense! But that is private.

It's nothing personal, but you just don't know if there's some hackers out there, so private info such as income, etc., shouldn't be made public...

That goes to all of you, I shouldn't be posting this lecture, but do not post your salary and such!

And about being VIP, http://www.packerforum.com/welcome-packer-forum/19866-announcing-packer-forum-vip-program.html

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cmon, people. Do you honestly think you'll get the info on how much this forum makes? If I were the owner, I wouldn't share any info about money, no offense! But that is private.

It's nothing personal, but you just don't know if there's some hackers out there, so private info such as income, etc., shouldn't be made public...

That goes to all of you, I shouldn't be posting this lecture, but do not post your salary and such!

And about being VIP, http://www.packerforum.com/welcome-packer-forum/19866-announcing-packer-forum-vip-program.html

I wasnt looking for an exact amount I was just wondering if it breaks even or some answer like that.

You havent heard of Redbook have you?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wasnt looking for an exact amount I was just wondering if it breaks even or some answer like that.

You havent heard of Redbook have you?
No... Haven't...

I wasn't bashing or anything. I actually have no idea, and don't want to know about the business side.

I'm aware of it, but I choose to let personal matters be personal.

You could ask Robdog, though...

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
This site costs me money, what with the paying professionals to Photoshop things for all of you and then me taking all the credit for it, it gets expensive.

:p

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting thread that I have been missing out on all the action.

Anyways, I bought this forum from Chad back in April of last year. Here is what the site has done since the purchase:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

The site has seen some good growth since the time my company has purchased the site. The reason we bought this forum is to help promote our flagship site, Seat Hound, which is why we see those banners on this site. The better this site does, the more "link" power this site will give to my Packer tickets section on Seat Hound.

We are constantly improving the site to position ourselves in the major search engines to get as much traffic as possible. That is why you see the schedule page, ticket page and draft pages popping up. I would love to be on page 1 for "Packer Draft" or "Packers Schedule" or "Packers Tickets". Which is the ultimate goal for search engine integration. (ok, enough geek talk :))

Anyways, the site ad revenue is pretty much break even for the hosting costs it takes. Not making enough to retire by any means off this forum. And we are always looking for additional communities to buy.

We really have no plans to sell this forum. Just maintain the current community structure and continue to grow in all aspects that are important to thriving communities.

Finally, if anyone has any questions, do not hesitate to hit me up. Admins are supposed to be the silent partner within a community. That means we have a strong mod team presence and there are no real problems that need my involvement.

Members online

Latest posts