Hello from (little known?) part of the world..

NotSoSpecialTeams

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello there. I come from a (little known?) country which is part of Asia called Malaysia. The reason I have a question mark behind the phrase "little known" is because I have no idea of my country's popularity or stature in the eyes of the rest of the world, especially people from the west, so yeah...Probably ain't the most knowledgeable Packer fan here but regardless, hope I won't be a nuisance and will be able to contribute to this place in a meaningful manner

GO PACK!

P.S.
:viksux:
:chisux:
:detsux: and then some :p

OP
OP
N

NotSoSpecialTeams

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, it happened I think 7-8 years ago when the NFL was just starting to get coverage here. They ran a 30-minute highlight show every week (forgot the name). I don't know whether it was Brett Favre being continually praised or whether it was the eye-catching green and yellow but it just got to me and I've been a Packer fan ever since. The only names I can still remember from the show are Favre, Ahman Green, Drew Bledsoe, Tony Gonzalez, Priest Holmes (sorta had a thing for the Chiefs back then) and Chris Berman with his whacky recap commentating style.

Coverage of the NFL dipped a bit over the past couple years but this year, they re-introduced it along with the NHL and now we get to watch Sunday Night and Monday Night Football games live.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know about Malaysia, not a whole lot,but you have rubber trees?

OP
OP
N

NotSoSpecialTeams

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep, lots of rubber and palm oil trees here. In fact, America takes up the highest percentage of all our exports (19%), even more than our popular neighbor, Singapore.

Faiz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought I was the only cheesehead in Malaysia... most of my buddies are fans of giants....

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome malaysian packers! Like longtimefan, I know about your country but not a lot.

I'm actually from Brazil, so also know about rubber trees lol, though they're located in the extreme north of Brazil, and I live in the extreme south...

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing i know about Malaysia: most of my matchbox cars from my childhood (1980s) where built there! :happy0005:

Welcome!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Welcome to the board. Yeah, I know Malaysia. I think it's near Singapore right? Also has a ton of biodiversity there in flora/fauna. I want to visit Asia someday.

I'm surprised American football would be popular there, but it seems to be picking up fans slowly around the world. Lots of guys from other countries are fans now even though they don't even play American football there (I'm assuming). Cool you can watch some games live, but wouldn't they be on really early in the morning?

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Hey PackerRS, do you see many Packer games live down there, or do you have to P2P steam em? I'm usually stuck watch Dallas games unless I stream the Packer games.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
umm... I think they built the worlds tallest building at some point? Towers I think..

I figure its only fair if I dont use google to make sure.

Members online

Latest posts