Yosh Nijman - The Answer, The Question, The Dilemma

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully this helps clarify Yosh Nijman's status.

2019 - PS for 11 games, inactive for 3 and on IR for last 2 regular season games. 5 games =no accrued season.
2020 - Active for 16 games (+ post season) - 1 accrued year.
2021 - Active for 17 games (+ post season) - 2nd accrued year.

ERFA= Any player with less than 3 years of accrued and an expired contract. He signed ERFA contract (1 year deal for minimum salary) in 2021. Since he still doesn't have 3 years accrued he is, again, eligible for ERFA contract in 2022. In 2023 he'll be an RFA requiring a 2nd or 1st round tender.

My mistake was in thinking that a player could only by an ERFA for one year, but the verbiage is "less than 3 years accrued".

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully this helps clarify Yosh Nijman's status.

2019 - PS for 11 games, inactive for 3 and on IR for last 2 regular season games. 5 games =no accrued season.
2020 - Active for 16 games (+ post season) - 1 accrued year.
2021 - Active for 17 games (+ post season) - 2nd accrued year.

ERFA= Any player with less than 3 years of accrued and an expired contract. He signed ERFA contract (1 year deal for minimum salary) in 2021. Since he still doesn't have 3 years accrued he is, again, eligible for ERFA contract in 2022. In 2023 he'll be an RFA requiring a 2nd or 1st round tender.

My mistake was in thinking that a player could only by an ERFA for one year, but the verbiage is "less than 3 years accrued".

Either way it is good news it seems ERFA is the designation on him.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
@Pkrjones and @captainWIMM

Appears according to multiple sources now they're claiming Yosh is an ERFA not the UFA we all pieced together - I assume this means that injury in 2019 is what made the difference. This is a small, but still prevalent savings possibly for Green Bay and its cap issues in 2022
In order to accrue a season, the player needs to be on the team's active/inactive list, injured reserve or reserve PUP for at least six regular-season games in a given season.

Yosh was not in 2019. He was on the PS most of that season and elevated for a game, but then got injured and placed on IR.

EDIT: This will teach me to update all the new posts, before typing. lol

captainWIMM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@Pkrjones and @captainWIMM

Appears according to multiple sources now they're claiming Yosh is an ERFA not the UFA we all pieced together - I assume this means that injury in 2019 is what made the difference. This is a small, but still prevalent savings possibly for Green Bay and its cap issues in 2022

That's good news as it all but guarantees Nijman will be back next season.

Members online