1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Happy Birthday Bart Starr

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Jan 9, 2011.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Feb 13, 2010
    The greatest QB the packers ever had turns 77 today.

Anyone ever meet Starr or have a favorite memory of him? Thoughts on his career?
  2. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Feb 1, 2010
    I think Starr deserves more credit around the league. He is the best playoff QB. Though he is the star of the NFL's most notorious game and play. In the Ice Bow.
  3. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Mar 5, 2010
    Happy birthday Bryan Bartlett Starr...yea, that is his real name.

Isn't trivia grand? (Impress your friends during the game today, make a bet as to what #15's first name is...)
  4. Havners Heroes

Havners Heroes Cheesehead

Nov 18, 2010
    Happy birthday Bart, thanks for being an inspiration even in your years after retirement.
  5. Terre Haute Cheesehead

Terre Haute Cheesehead Cheesehead

Dec 12, 2010
    Happy Birthday, Bart!

The "Ice Bowl" = GREATEST QB sneak in football history!
  6. Shari Mieth

Shari Mieth Cheesehead

Jan 23, 2011

We lived in Green Bay from 1954-1957. At age 9, I knew the names of all the Packers and could recite them..my favorite then was Tobin Rote. But then along came Bart Star! He was my idol for many years to come! We didn't have much money so attending games regularly didn't happen. However, someone gave my Dad tickets as a gift to a home game and I was so excited! I was heart broken when my Dad chose to take my Mom to the game over me! To make matters worse, when he returned home, he told me that at half-time Bart Star came and sat in the audience right next to my Mom!! Heart broken, I bought it hook line and sinker!

The Packers and Vince Lombardi helped form the philosophy of life my Dad followed and imbued in his children. He gave $50 for the new stadium when we didn't have $50 to give--but that is how important the GB Packers were to him.. and he caught heck for spending the money we needed for food and rent. I found the canceled check for $50 in my Mom's belongings after she passed away a year ago...she kept it all these years as a reminder of how much my Dad loved the Packers and me too!--especially Bart Star--my idol! Belated Happy Birthday Bart Star. I'm sorry I never got to meet you in person...but you sure filled the dreams of a then 11 year-old girl. I have remained an avid Packer Backer all my life...and admired the fans of Green Bay who stand by their men through thick and thin. Now, we get the glory once again going to the Super Bowl.
    Shari Mieth
  7. SoCalPacker

SoCalPacker Cheesehead

Jan 18, 2011
    Happy birthday Bart. I actually met him once with my dad. When I lived in San Diego, he had a signing down there. Best day ever even though I was young and didn't know much about him lol