Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers just switched out Kickers and claimed Brkic off waivers in place of Eberle. Kid does have a leg

FWIW:

Overview

Brkic had decent power in 2020, but he was a more composed and effective striker of the football in 2021. Hitting five of his seven attempts from 50-plus yards, Brkic improved his draft stock, but he lacks premium accuracy on intermediate kicks. Brkic could be a Day 3 selection, but needs to sharpen his placement and touchback rate on kickoffs.

Strengths

• Rapid step-to-kick operation time.
  • Ball striking is compact.
  • Kicked with better power and body control in 2021.
  • Generates lift and rotation quickly.
  • Nailed three field goals of 50-plus yards (51, 55 and 56) in the same game versus Tulane.
Weaknesses
  • Slight push/pull in his kicks from distance.
  • Intermediate accuracy can wane.
  • Kickoff leg lacks deep-ball power.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hardly think leg strength is a problem...

...and a cool mustache to rival AR's! ;)
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

He was one of two Kickers I thought would declare I was willing to spend a draft pick on in the 7th. It is all mechanical/techniques which cause his kickoff distance to not be quite there - I love his quick approach and fast elevation which doesn't seem to hinder his ability to hit distance field goals.

I love everything about him being behind Crosby.

Reaction score
He was one of two Kickers I thought would declare I was willing to spend a draft pick on in the 7th. It is all mechanical/techniques which cause his kickoff distance to not be quite there - I love his quick approach and fast elevation which doesn't seem to hinder his ability to hit distance field goals.

I love everything about him being behind Crosby.
Seems like an adequate backup plan at K

Oh wait! I forgot.. We’re not supposed to value backup players at dynamic positions like K or QB or have any contingency strategy. :whistling:
Cut that piece of crap and Let’s go get another Rookie WR that can’t produce for 2-3 seasons. ;)

SudsMcBucky

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Oh wait! I forgot.. We’re not supposed to value backup players at dynamic positions like K or QB or have any contingency strategy. :whistling:
Cut that piece of crap and Let’s go get another WR!
Not really an apt comparison. We didn't trade a 4th rounder to move up and draft a kicker higher in the 1st round.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Cut that piece of crap and Let’s go get another Rookie WR that can’t produce for 2-3 seasons. ;)
Does this mean Watson and Doubs are not going to produce this year?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Eberle only made 66% of his FG attempts in the NFL. No wonder they decided he wasn't worth keeping around, Crosby has an 81% lifetime average. :coffee:

captainWIMM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eberle only made 66% of his FG attempts in the NFL. No wonder they decided he wasn't worth keeping around, Crosby has an 81% lifetime average. :coffee:

There might be an argument to be made that three attempts is too small of a sample size :sneaky: