GB's HORRIBLE special teams...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of people were very concerned about our special teams coverage. I said, "guys don't worry..a lot of those guys are guys who are trying to make the team, guys who dont know the man next to him." I said it would get better after the first set of cuts. Did it get better? A little. VERY LITTLE. I said it would improve again after the 2nd cuts. Will it? We will find out sunday. But I want to give you a list of some of the special teams players who will be on coverage:

William Henderson
Robert Ferguson
Najeh Davenport
Tony Fisher
Vonta Leach
Paris Lenon
David Martin
Brady Poppinga
Robert Thomas
Roy Manning

Guys...a lot of those players didnt do a lot of preseason coverage together. That is a very very very solid special teams coverage core. only the bottom 3 i believe have never done coverage before. I am not sure about Leach, since he was on the practice team.

My point(I think I have one..) is I like our special teams core at this point. And with Bates here making sure our guys know how to tackle (last years team forgot)..it should be a nice solid special teams. Also, Longwell as kicker is money, and Sander got better at punting thanks to NFL Europe.

Eddie Drummond is awesome though...so we better be on it.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I think Packers will win but come up with less yards then the Lions and that is soley because of their special teams.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if it's the scheme we use or if we just don't have good special team players, I just know that our special teams scare me. There is offense, defense and special teams and if that third part of your game isn't good the other two will suffer too.

vixtalkn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See it game in, game out. The 1st guy gets down there OK, but then misses the tackle.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts