Game 2 - Atlanta - Studs and Duds

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We knew it was going to be an up and down season, and that's what we're getting. We got too high over beating the Bears last week - the Bears still suck. And probably too low after losing this one. Hopefully it will be a learning experience for everyone involved.

I don't know if that can apply to the coaches though.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, there's a lot to love with this team, no pun intended. There's a ton of talent on that defensive line and it's super young. They have the ability to be an elite unit and the goal line stands showed it. I still think Barry has to pull his head out of his *** or go.

The offensive line suffered really bad injuries with our top two starters out.

That being said, we should have attacked safety in this past draft and it shows. I'm hoping Stokes can come back strong to help our corners, but that group is going to need help too.

Still think we're an elite run stuffer away from being a dominate defense. Whether its a linebacker or a true nose tackle.

Love played pretty well with the line we had. However, his reads are sometimes questionable. His throws are a little off at times too.

Dillon... love the person, but he's just not it. We need a grinder and he plays small at times for a dude with legs the size of tree trunks.

Just some random thoughts for studs and duds.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Honestly, there's a lot to love with this team, no pun intended. There's a ton of talent on that defensive line and it's super young. They have the ability to be an elite unit and the goal line stands showed it. I still think Barry has to pull his head out of his *** or go.

The offensive line suffered really bad injuries with our top two starters out.

That being said, we should have attacked safety in this past draft and it shows. I'm hoping Stokes can come back strong to help our corners, but that group is going to need help too.

Still think we're an elite run stuffer away from being a dominate defense. Whether its a linebacker or a true nose tackle.

Love played pretty well with the line we had. However, his reads are sometimes questionable. His throws are a little off at times too.

Dillon... love the person, but he's just not it. We need a grinder and he plays small at times for a dude with legs the size of tree trunks.

Just some random thoughts for studs and duds.
Love.. We will get that from.him all year and maybe next year.

Game experience is only way to learn

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
8-9 wins with the youngest starters in the league is hardly mediocre. You would generally expect a team this young with a new starting QB to have 2-4 wins. This team is young, fast and talented. It takes a little time.
So why would you take a young, evolving, talented team and hire and retain the most vanilla, unimaginative, dullard retread of a DC and put him in charge of your young defense?

Reaction score
It’s pretty much what we said weeks ago. Growing pains. We did the hard stuff well and faltered in the easy stuff. Periodic points of poor discipline.

Knew this would be closer. We Really played pretty good overall. Hate to use injury excuse but we are without WR1, LT1, LG1, RB1. I don’t care what team that happens to you’ll suffer some.

Studs:
Love
DL as a whole
Reed

Duds:
-TE blocking was atrocious at times
-Savage missed a few big plays that went for chunks
-The missed Timeout was on MLF. He should’ve called a TO as the play-clock expired and it cost us 3 points earlier in the game and we lost because of those lost points
-Run D got a little ridiculous for a few drives but overall the D played ok ish

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Players not
It’s pretty much what we said weeks ago. Growing pains. We did the hard stuff well and faltered in the easy stuff. Periodic points of poor discipline. The missed Timeout was on MLF. He should’ve called a TO and it cost us 3 points earlier in the game.

Knew this would be closer. We Really played pretty good overall. Hate to use injury excuse but we are without WR1, LT1, LG1, RB1. I don’t care what team that happens to you’ll suffer some.
Question.

If injury can't be an excuse.. Then what do you say to JET fans

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
8-9 wins with the youngest starters in the league is hardly mediocre. You would generally expect a team this young with a new starting QB to have 2-4 wins. This team is young, fast and talented. It takes a little time.
I think 8 or 9 wins is basically the definition of mediocre in the NFL. You could say that they should be mediocre because they're young. Still, it's on the front office that they are this young. Will the youngsters get better? Some of them. Some will get worse, some will get injured.

Reaction score
Players not

Question.

If injury can't be an excuse.. Then what do you say to JET fans
The Jets spent a #2 overall on a QB THREE drafts ago. If GB did that and 3 years later he sucked it’s our own fault. I know you are referring to Rodgers injury, but Zach Wilson should be capable of performing like a starter imo.
I don’t feel sorry for them.

We were pretty wounded on Offense. We had Wicks starting he’s a WR5-7 on most teams. He led the Packers in Rec yards!

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't say I've given up on him yet, but you're right, he looks more impressive than he's played.

Reaction score
We’re going to be fine. I hate to lose but if we lose I don’t mind it nearly as much if we play tight. If we go 7-10 but lose 8 of 10 contests by 4 points or less I’m stoked

Guys Most importantly is QB. We’ve got an a good starting QB. He’s shown amazing growth with an injured and inexperienced young Offense

Our Offense is averaging 27.5 points per game (minus Walker score) and we’re tripping over ourselves. Literally!

Last edited:

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
We’re going to be fine. I hate to lose but if we lose I don’t mind it nearly as much if we play tight. If we go 7-10 but lose 8 of 10 contests by 4 points or less in stoked.
Reminds me of Rodgers first season. He played well but the defense kept crapping the bed, after that season we moved on from Bob Sanders.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
The instant replay was a dud. Half the time it wasn't there. And I thought a called incompletion was actually a fumble that we scored on. But...no instant replay
Yeah I noticed the replay team didn't make the trip.. Quite p.o'd on that..

Another overlooked dud was Nixon. Takes the opening KO 9 yards deep out? Stopped at about the 17 for -8 yards net. Also our punter needs to stop kicking into the EZ.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The Green Bay Packers were that close to starting the season 2-0, but QB Jordan Love came up short in his first career opportunity at late-game heroics.

OP
OP
PikeBadger

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I think if we had any one of Watson, Bakh, Jones or Jenkins the whole game we would have won.
Watson, Doubs and Jones all having hamstring issues in week 1 is on the coaching staff too imo. Strength & Conditioning falls under the Head Coach I believe and there is no way anyone is going to convince me that it is just a fluke or coincidence. Something is not being done correctly in that corner of 1265 Lombardi.

Members online

Latest posts