Fußball-Bundesliga

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Many teams i think could live with a ''Luxury'' Bavarian type crisis. They are only going to win the league at a canter as usual. And they did ok in the CL too.

I might have miscalculated but as far as I can tell, in their 7 matches (all competitions) they are 1-4-2. That isn't a stellar performance lately. They've actually won only one match in the last 7 they've played.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I really need Dortmund to win the DFB Pokal Cup as that would open up another Europa spot (7th place Bundesliga), giving my team a fighting chance.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I was wrong. Bayern did have a pretty easy stroll to the league Championship. I noticed the young guys were used a lot today. Maybe the article was right and Carlo should have been playing them more.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Rough April, but Bayern are champions once more! The display today was what I love to see from Bayern

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
I was wrong. Bayern did have a pretty easy stroll to the league Championship. I noticed the young guys were used a lot today. Maybe the article was right and Carlo should have been playing them more.

The lineup today was one I and many others have been saying for a long time should be a regular line up for the team. Not surprising to me that it went so well. Coman is very talented, and Kimmich is as well.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Watching the HSV match. I've never played football at that level. But something just drives me crazy about these players. Does it really hurt that much when you get a scrape from an opponent's cleat?? Usually when I get a scrape or a brushburn, I say something not very godly, then shake it off and get on with what I was doing. I don't thrash around like my limb has been amputated. Don't these players realize it makes the sport look sissified? The one Augsburg player was thrashing around on the ground, and when the TV crew got a close-up of his leg, it was just a scrape. :rolleyes:

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
You guys think Luiz Gustavo is suspended the rest of the season for his actions on Saturday? That was crazy. I think Neymar got an extra 3 games added to his ban for similar behavior. We'll see if the DFB follows that line of thinking.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
You guys think Luiz Gustavo is suspended the rest of the season for his actions on Saturday? That was crazy. I think Neymar got an extra 3 games added to his ban for similar behavior. We'll see if the DFB follows that line of thinking.

I don't know what they'll do. But that was a real cheesy yellow card shown on him. I would have just given a free kick. How come the Bayern discount worked in that match but not in the Champions League? :confused:

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
I don't know what they'll do. But that was a real cheesy yellow card shown on him. I would have just given a free kick. How come the Bayern discount worked in that match but not in the Champions League? :confused:

The ref could have just given a free kick, but at the same time, he clearly blocked a player who was on a break, which he had been booked for already, so I get why he pulled a yellow. Still, what a reaction.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
So Gustavo only gets a fine of 15,000 euro, and the original one match ban for a red card. :confused:

Players have done far less and received much a much stiffer penalty.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
So Gustavo only gets a fine of 15,000 euro, and the original one match ban for a red card. :confused:

Players have done far less and received much a much stiffer penalty.

Gustavo was good and faithful Bayern player until they ditched him. I kind of like him.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Gustavo was good and faithful Bayern player until they ditched him. I kind of like him.

That doesn't change how I feel about it. If Thomas Muller behaved that way I would be disappointed if the DFB just slapped him with a small fine and said "no big deal".

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
That doesn't change how I feel about it. If Thomas Muller behaved that way I would be disappointed if the DFB just slapped him with a small fine and said "no big deal".

Well, you know what your Great Granpa used to say; "I'M RIGHT even if I'm wrong." So stick that in your pipe and smoke it birthday boy. ;):D

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Well it's a good think Bayern clinched already because now Ulreich is out for the season with an injury.:confused:

Poor Tom Starke has to actually play a game, and he is backed up by Leo Weinkauf, a 20 year old from the reserves lol

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
HSV vs Mainz for that relegation playoff spot. :eek: Will Nessi and Buggy still respect each other in the morning?? :whistling:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I couldn't believe it when I saw Jung on the pitch today. All I could think of was;

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I couldn't believe it when I saw Jung on the pitch today. All I could think of was;

This is really silly.......Socrates played for Brazil not Greece. :whistling::D

Last edited:

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
So there are 4 teams in the mix at the top of Bundesliga 2 which have a chance of promotion right now?

Yes. As it stands now Stuttgart and Hanover 96 are in the promotion zone, and BTSV is in the playoff. Union Berlin is 3 points behind them, and those two teams play tomorrow.

Sky King

Reaction score

Thank-you. I never played the sport and, consequently, have never really watched it except for when women play the game. :geek: But this was an exciting primer to the men's version, although the uniforms are not as interesting as the outfits the women wear. ;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes. As it stands now Stuttgart and Hanover 96 are in the promotion zone, and BTSV is in the playoff. Union Berlin is 3 points behind them, and those two teams play tomorrow.
And Union will be the most dangerous team to play in case they finish on 3..... :cautious:

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
And Union will be the most dangerous team to play in case they finish on 3..... :cautious:

Well BTSV won today, so Union Berlin are out, unless they can win their next two games AND bump their goal differential 6 higher (with Hanover losing both and losing 1 point on their differential).

The question now is who wins, who else gets promoted automatic, and who goes to the playoff. Hanover, BTSV and Stuttgart are all within 3 points with two matches left, AND Hanover and Stuttgart play each other next week.

Members online

Latest posts