Fußball-Bundesliga

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Did anyone else watch the game tonight and see Sandro Wagner's finger get dislocated on the pitch, then the doc comes out and pops it back into place?!:eek::sick:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Excellent game day so far for us. Nice to see all competitors like Volkswagen, Augsburg, Leverkusen or Mainz losing their games after having beaten SAP yesterday.
Could be perfect with a draw between Ingolstadt and Darmstadt tonight.......
I wonder if it is too early to congratulate Bayern to another Championship ? Outstanding game by Robben yesterday. One the one hand he is somehow a "one-trick-pony", but on the other hand still quick and good enough that it works. To me it's somehow a miracle that nobody is able to defend his usual moves on the pitch. Everybody knows what is going to happen when he has the ball but he scores and scores, world-class.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Ok prediction time: What are your end of season standings?

1. Champion/ UCL
  2. UCL
  3. UCL
  4. UCL/EURO
  5. EURO
  6. EURO
16.Playoff (do they win?)
17.Relegated
18.Relegated

Pokal Champion:

Homerism is OK too :D

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Ok prediction time: What are your end of season standings?

1. Bayern Munich - 10 point gap practically insurmountable (Bayern would have to drop 11 out of 18 remaining points, since they handily own the tiebreaker)
  2. Red Bull - As much as I hate it, they are pretty much set here. If they had lost this week (they should have) and Hoffenheim won, maybe it would be different, but 8 points separate them now. They get booted out of the group stage in UCL next year :D
  3. Hoffenheim - Dortmund have been shaky, and while Hoffenheim lost this week, they have been really good in 2017. It is almost impossible to predict if they make UCL since we don't know who they would play, but I'm going with yes.
  4. Dortmund - Too many injuries, too much youth. Great for the future, but for now they need more time for players to mature and mesh.
16.Mainz - Won one game in 2017. It is all about ending in the right form, and Mainz aren't. I think they survive the playoff.
17.Augsburg - Have only won 1 game in 2017. Poor form at a poor time.
18.Darmstadt - Almost a statistical certainty now.

Pokal Champion: Bayern of course!:p...In seriousness, I was concerned about playing Dortmund when the draw was announced, but I'm not now. Bayen will be at home again, and the result will probably be similar. I don't see Monchengladback or Frankfurt beating them in the final.

My picks ^^^^^

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
O.K.....here is what I've got:

1. Bayern (they can already put the Champagne or Weizen into the fridge)
2. Red Bull ( seem to be back on track, not as good as in the first half of the season but they will finish on 2. )
3. BVB (I see them slightly better than Hoffenheim)
4. Hoffenheim (unexpected good season so far and one of the very few that were able to beat Bayern)
5. Gladbach (on their way up, they have a team that should be able to grab a starting place for Europa League)
6. Köln (compared to Frankfurt and Hertha the more constant team)

16. Augsburg or Mainz (yes, I think it's going to be one of the teams that did not think they would be in danger, and it could even come worse if Ingolstadt continues to play like last week. However - as long as it's not HSV I'm fine with any team finishing on 16-18. And if I had a free wish - how about Wolfsburg ...:D
17. Ingolstadt
18. Darmstadt

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Just realized I forgot to put my 5 and 6 prediction...

5. Herta Berlin - Fairly easy games left, Mainz Wolfsburg and Werder being the next three.
6. Anyone's guess. I'm going to go a little kooky and say Schalke makes it. I don't have a real good reason, and will most likely be wrong.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Tonight's game has a lot at stake:eek:

A win for Koln puts them potentially back into Europe, and a loss for Hoffenheim would mean potentially dropping out of the guaranteed champions league position.

Should be an excellent game!

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Bayern with embarrassingly casual play the entire game. Aside from a 15 minute stretch they didn't look like they even cared to be there. I'm pissed off with their play, this isn't Bayern.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
That was definitely a head scratcher. Lewandowski has three one on one with the goalie and can't score??? Martinez passes the ball to Dortmund for a score? What the heck??

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
I give Carlo one more year (assuming we win the league). If he can't produce more than that next year he has to go. The team has become too sloppy and wasteful.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Yeah, the team looks sloppy. That's for sure. He may be too laisseiz faire for this team. In any event, I was mumbling the immortal words of Vince Lombardi during the match; (made PG for the censors) "What the H-E-double toothpicks is going on out there?"

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Is Carlo that bad that he does not deserve more time? i dont really know because i dont see much German football. But more and more teams seem to be getting rid of their coaches when they dont win something one season. Abramovich is terrible for this, having no patience means no continuity and constant upheaval at a club. But it seems to be the model for alot of the bigger teams sadly.

Last edited:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Is Carlo that bad that he does not deserve more time? i dont really know because i dont see much Greman football. But more and more teams seem to be getting rid of their coaches when they dont win something one season. Abramovich is terrible for this, having no patience means no continuity and constant upheaval at a club. But it seems to be the model for alot of the bigger teams sadly.

It's not that he is that bad, it's the stark contrast from Pep that is unsettling the team. Pep was hands on everything. Ancelloti is letting the team decide how they will do things. I wonder if this team is built for such leadership. They may need a more hands on approach. Give him a year, maybe two to construct a team of his own at Bayern and we'll see what develops. With Lahm and Alonzo on the way out, possibly Vidal, there might be a makeover.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
It's not that he is that bad, it's the stark contrast from Pep that is unsettling the team. Pep was hands on everything. Ancelloti is letting the team decide how they will do things. I wonder if this team is built for such leadership. They may need a more hands on approach. Give him a year, maybe two to construct a team of his own at Bayern and we'll see what develops. With Lahm and Alonzo on the way out, possibly Vidal, there might be a makeover.

The problem is there are very few coaches who couldn't accomplish what Carlo has this year with a team as supremely talented as Bayern.

And I stand by my statement of many times over. Muller must play. Even when he isn't scoring goals he creates chances, and has more assists on the team than anyone else. Muller has been benched many times this season for Alonso, as he was with this game. I have no idea what Carlo was thinking playing a VERY slow Alonso against the fastest team in the league.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
He needs more than just his "eyebrow". This presents some good thoughts; (use Chrome translate, if you don't read German) https://www.11freunde.de/artikel/ancelotti-sollte-muenchen-die-arbeit-aufnehmen
Interesting article, especially the part that mentions his lack of confidence in young players. I expect many changes in summer and I wouldnt place a bet on Carlo still being Bayern manager next season.
However, what are we talking about? Bayern is going to win another German Championship. Does this not count anymore? Come on :rolleyes:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Interesting article, especially the part that mentions his lack of confidence in young players. I expect many changes in summer and I wouldnt place a bet on Carlo still being Bayern manager next season.
However, what are we talking about? Bayern is going to win another German Championship. Does this not count anymore? Come on :rolleyes:

The way they have been playing, the German Championship may not be a done deal.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Well amidst all the turmoil, some good news for Bayern fans:

Kingsley Coman has officially been bought out and has signed a 3 year contract, and Thiago has been extended to 2021.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Many teams i think could live with a ''Luxury'' Bavarian type crisis. They are only going to win the league at a canter as usual. And they did ok in the CL too.

Members online

Latest posts