Fußball-Bundesliga

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
He has played well the last two games. Positioning has been great, needs to improve his finishing. Hopefully he gets some time on the regular squad.

He's always killed it in the Regionalliga for Bayern II but he is too good for 4th division. He may crack the top league this year but he'd be a better 2.Liga player right now (IMO). But no Bayern team will ever play in the 2nd division so he's a tweener. If he doesn't make the top team, then they may loan him out... I dunno. I just don't think putting him back in 4th division at this time is an option. He needs to play against better skilled players. I'd loan him out to a team in the 2.Liga if he doesn't make the top team.

But his positioning is good as you say and he has good instincts. His footwork is really amazing. He's going to be good.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
He's always killed it in the Regionalliga for Bayern II but he is too good for 4th division. He may crack the top league this year but he'd be a better 2.Liga player right now (IMO). But no Bayern team will ever play in the 2nd division so he's a tweener. If he doesn't make the top team, then they may loan him out... I dunno. I just don't think putting him back in 4th division at this time is an option. He needs to play against better skilled players. I'd loan him out to a team in the 2.Liga if he doesn't make the top team.

But his positioning is good as you say and he has good instincts. His footwork is really amazing. He's going to be good.

You're just hoping they loan him out to Cologne. ;)

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I wished he'd stayed at Leverkusen instead of going to Chelsea... no disrespect. Leverkusen could've been competitive for the title with him.
I liked his can do attitude, he should have been given a chance at the Bridge but wasn't by guess who..........

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked his can do attitude, he should have been given a chance at the Bridge but wasn't by guess who..........
Agree, I like him too but no way he's worth 30m Euros. Sorry to say this about Schurrle but he is the perfect example for a completely overheated transfer market. I'd say a reasonable price for him should be somewhere between 15 and 20m Euros and even that might be too much.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wished he'd stayed at Leverkusen instead of going to Chelsea... no disrespect. Leverkusen could've been competitive for the title with him.
I can't stand Leverkusen but think you're right.
They seem to be the perfect team for young players to make the next step. Just think of two former HSV players like Heung Min Son (now Spurs, like Schurrle might have left too early for the EPL) and this fu***** Turkis a**h*** who is still there and but is at least playing CL and certainly will move on to England, Spain or Italy soon.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I can't stand Leverkusen but think you're right.
They seem to be the perfect team for young players to make the next step. Just think of two former HSV players like Heung Min Son (now Spurs, like Schurrle might have left too early for the EPL) and this fu***** Turkis a**h*** who is still there and but is at least playing CL and certainly will move on to England, Spain or Italy soon.

I don't like Leverkusen also. They are too close to Koeln. :) And I don't like that Turish player either, but I hate Chicharito also.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Oh, look at the Hat Trick kid.

Are we finally seeing the fruits of the USA youth leagues labor? Pulisic and Green both having great preseasons.

Green must have practiced his finishing all practice every practice since that last match :D, had some great finishes today

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Are we finally seeing the fruits of the USA youth leagues labor? Pulisic and Green both having great preseasons.

In Pulisic's case yes. Homegrown in USA, played mostly in the USA youth leagues, with a little time in England.

Although Green was born in Florida, he played mostly in the German youth leagues. But fully agreed the American youth are springing to life at a time we most need them too.

Hope they both continue to progress into even better players. We will know shortly whether Green gets a full year in the Bundesliga with the top team.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Sane to Man City, Schweinsteiger being booted from Man U, currently practicing with the U21's.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sane to Man City, Schweinsteiger being booted from Man U, currently practicing with the U21's.
As expected.
Sane will just warm the bench and Schweinsteiger should seriously think about moving to the US or to retire. I'm afraid he hasn't left enough in the tank to play for an European top team. His time is over, too slow nowadays and he has become injury-prone.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
At the Real Madrid v Bayern friendly in NY. Me, Itkovian, and a friend of ours.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!
But strange shirts you're wearing, thought Real has white shirts ? :cautious:;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like @Sandolf was correct on this one. The Bavarian discount has come full cycle.

http://www.abendzeitung-muenchen.de..._medium=FacebookPost&utm_campaign=SocialMedia
It was just a question of time when he would announce his comeback. I'm of two minds about this. One the one hand he has served his sentence and therefore has all the rights to do what he wants to do like anybody else, despite of having a criminal record. On the other hand Bayern should just move on without Uli Hoeness regardless of what he has done for the club for decades. But there is no club rule or even law that prevents Hoeness being voted and therefore it's in the hand of their club members and the board of directors.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
It was just a question of time when he would announce his comeback. I'm of two minds about this. One the one hand he has served his sentence and therefore has all the rights to do what he wants to do like anybody else, despite of having a criminal record. On the other hand Bayern should just move on without Uli Hoeness regardless of what he has done for the club for decades. But there is no club rule or even law that prevents Hoeness being voted and therefore it's in the hand of their club members and the board of directors.

He served 21 months of his 3.5 year sentence, most of that being free during the day returning to jail only to sleep. To me, that sounds like a Bavarian discount. If Uli was from Eintracht Frankfurt, perhaps he'd still be in jail.

But I agree with you he should have the right to return to society, but he's at retirement age anyways. Kinda seems like an ego thing.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
He served 21 months of his 3.5 year sentence, most of that being free during the day returning to jail only to sleep. To me, that sounds like a Bavarian discount. If Uli was from Eintracht Frankfurt, perhaps he'd still be in jail.

But I agree with you he should have the right to return to society, but he's at retirement age anyways. Kinda seems like an ego thing.
Agree, thats certainly rare for sentenced tax evaders ;)
And I agree, it's definitely an ego thing that he is doing now, he wants to have the last laugh.