Fußball-Bundesliga

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Found out this evening that my new grandson likes to hear me sing Stern des Südens to him. About a week old and he already has good taste. :tup:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Bayern has HSV for the 5th match of the season and Cologne for the 6th match. Boy I wish we lived closer to one another, we could have some good football parties. :tup:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Bayern has HSV for the 5th match of the season and Cologne for the 6th match. Boy I wish we lived closer to one another, we could have some good football parties. :tup:

Well one thing is for sure... good beer would be had.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whoa....

Matthias Sammer has decided to leave Bayern...details pending.
Hmmm, the say that Sammer has got "new priorities" in his life. Whatever that means.
But Bayern is paying him a compensation what I find strange if Sammer would have decided himself to quit his job. :cautious:

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Hmmm, the say that Sammer has got "new priorities" in his life. Whatever that means.
But Bayern is paying him a compensation what I find strange if Sammer would have decided himself to quit his job. :cautious:

What I take away from his statement is that after his big health scare this past year he's realized he devotes a ton of energy and time to the club and wants to spend more time with family and etc. which he can't do while in this position.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Also, Benetia loaned to Juventus for 3 million, option to buy after one year for 17.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
"Wir sind dabei" seems to be a very popular idiom in Germany. It can be translated a number of different ways in English depending on the context. But I keep seeing signs that say this phrase. Is the common meaning "We are here"? And is it commonly associated with some company or club?

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
"Wir sind dabei" seems to be a very popular idiom in Germany. It can be translated a number of different ways in English depending on the context. But I keep seeing signs that say this phrase. Is the common meaning "We are here"? And is it commonly associated with some company or club?

While I'll defer to Nessie to give the official answer... I've always used that phrase to say, "We are there". For example... When the FC Bamberg official asks who is riding on the team bus to the next away game. I would answer Tyce ist dabei... (Tyce is there). When we reach the stadium, Wir sind Dabei. We are there.

As far as I've seen the phase used, it doesn't have anything to do with some company or club... it could be used to describe friends taking a trip. But I think the phrase would translate moreso with "We are there".

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say the best translation is "I'm in". Who's gonna join us on Saturday in Munich? "I'm in" . ( Ich bin dabei). "Wir" (we) is just plural.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I would say the best translation is "I'm in". Who's gonna join us on Saturday in Munich? "I'm in" . ( Ich bin dabei). "Wir" (we) is just plural.

Was going to say that too. I didn't know you smart Germans understood that connotation of "I'm in".

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Robben played 35 minutes in a friendly yesterday and injured his groin. Out for 6 weeks.

I have a feeling his career may be over. His body is simply rejecting the strain of futbol.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Robben played 35 minutes in a friendly yesterday and injured his groin. Out for 6 weeks.

I have a feeling his career may be over. His body is simply rejecting the strain of futbol.
You might be right, he is one of the most injury prone players I know. Bayern should move on and look out for a replacement in the near future, don't expect them to extend his contract after this season.
He's got a very impressive injury history and it certainly wont get better in the future ;)
http://www.transfermarkt.com/arjen-robben/verletzungen/spieler/4360

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
You might be right, he is one of the most injury prone players I know. Bayern should move on and look out for a replacement in the near future, don't expect them to extend his contract after this season.
He's got a very impressive injury history and it certainly wont get better in the future ;)
http://www.transfermarkt.com/arjen-robben/verletzungen/spieler/4360

They have begun planning already with the additions of Coman and Costa, but they'll need some more depth at that position as both Ribery and Robben have very limited time left.

Members online

Latest posts