Fußball-Bundesliga

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
I put a certain poster on ignore because honestly I don't come here to listen to whiney b*llsh*t every weekend.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
This sounds like another bad case of Bayern envy. It was a good solid win. A team doesn't have to have a zillion points if they are in control of the match. Let's see, how did Koeln do against Bayern this year? They won how many? Oh....that's right. Fabulous team that they are, they couldn't score. Bayern has a goal differential of +53. Koeln? Now THAT'S laughable.

That fact that you can't keep on topic and keep with the excuses is ridiculous. The point of my thread was you couldn't score against Frankfurt, not goal differential. The fact you couldn't man up and just admit means you are one of the 2 arrogant Bandwagon fans here. Bayern envy only exist in arrogant Bandwagons fans' mind.

And take a look at the salary of the arrogant Bandwagon fans team, That tells the story. Admit it Croak, you have excuses for everything. Shame on you. But be happy with your arrogant Bandwagon self. It's disgraceful for a true fan. Your just an excuse a day.

I'll be a true fan... and ACTUALLY go the stadium of my team.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
That fact that you can't keep on topic and keep with the excuses is ridiculous. The point of my thread was you couldn't score against Frankfurt, not goal differential. The fact you couldn't man up and just admit means you are one of the 2 arrogant Bandwagon fans here. Bayern envy only exist in arrogant Bandwagons fans' mind.

And take a look at the salary of the arrogant Bandwagon fans team, That tells the story. Admit it Croak, you have excuses for everything. Shame on you. But be happy with your arrogant Bandwagon self. It's disgraceful for a true fan. Your just an excuse a day.

Goal.com - "Frankfurt... never really looked like getting something from the game." "Pep Guardiola's team was on top from the off as it quickly monopolized possession"

Kicker.de - "Only 1:0, but won confidently" "The Champions dominated the game against the ordinary defensive, but offensively harmless Eintracht..."

ESPNFC - "League leaders Bayern Munich earned a comfortable three points against relegation-threatened Eintracht.." "Pep Guardiola's side went into cruise control for long periods..." "Bayern's ever present goal keeper was hardly tested." "Bayern ran rampant down the left flank." "Alonso...Strolled through his 50th Bundesliga appearance in what was little more than a walk in the Munich park "

Bleacher Report - "Although the scoreline didn't necessarily reflect it, Bayern were dominant Saturday" "The talented FCB starting XI were all over the Eagles from the onset." "Some may look at a 1-0 win at home over a 17th-place club as a cause for concern, but the Bavarians left no doubt throughout the match they were the far superior side."

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Goal.com - "Frankfurt... never really looked like getting something from the game." "Pep Guardiola's team was on top from the off as it quickly monopolized possession"

Kicker.de - "Only 1:0, but won confidently" "The Champions dominated the game against the ordinary defensive, but offensively harmless Eintracht..."

ESPNFC - "League leaders Bayern Munich earned a comfortable three points against relegation-threatened Eintracht.." "Pep Guardiola's side went into cruise control for long periods..." "Bayern's ever present goal keeper was hardly tested." "Bayern ran rampant down the left flank." "Alonso...Strolled through his 50th Bundesliga appearance in what was little more than a walk in the Munich park "

Bleacher Report - "Although the scoreline didn't necessarily reflect it, Bayern were dominant Saturday" "The talented FCB starting XI were all over the Eagles from the onset." "Some may look at a 1-0 win at home over a 17th-place club as a cause for concern, but the Bavarians left no doubt throughout the match they were the far superior side."

How many goals did you score against them all year? It's ok to admit it... we all know the answer. One of the lowest in the league is the answer.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score

But I am impressed you didn't deny the Bandwagon thing. You put a step forward.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

;)

Whoa, no need for the attitude bud....it`s a game.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
It is a shame that one member ruins a good thread

Last edited:

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
I put a certain poster on ignore because honestly I don't come here to listen to whiney b*llsh*t every weekend.

Nothing like a little provocation to show us where you really stand. Honestly... hahaha... FC Bayern.... moral high ground... hahaha....

Be that as it may... I really wonder sometimes about foreign supporters of FC Bayern. Do they really understand or appreciate what Bavarian culture is really like, and how crooks like Hoeness and Beckenbauer are knock offs of Franz Josef Strauss or Edmund Stoiber. To me its like some Hungarian guy who thinks its cool to hang a Confederate flag in the garage.

Anyway... sad to see this little enclave evolve the spirit of a Donald Trump rally... (speaking of Bavarian like political culture). As far as I know, Bundesbiers isn't Mexican or wear head scarves too often. haha...

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, that escalated quickly :eek:
Come on guys, it's only football and not a matter of life and death.
Not jumping into this heated and even aggressive discussion but it makes me sad to see for what reason it started. And it makes me even more sad that it got personal several times although there is no need to in my opinion.
Football is a passionate game but sometimes it helps to breathe in and breathe out and think before reacting.
Personally to me it doesn't matter what (Bundesliga) team you guys are rooting for, what matters is our nice and small international community here that shares the passion for football and our favourite teams. I wish we can keep this up.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
I apologize for contributing to the derailing of this thread. I'm pretty mild mannered overall, but I'm only human, and I have a tendency to get riled up when attacked. Not an excuse for responding though(and I should know better as someone who moderated a forum larger than this for several years).

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Sandolf - personally I'm not very happy that Hoeness is practically being welcomed back into the fold with open arms. Nor was I happy to see the charges against beckenbauer. But would you give up on your team because of the corruption of a few top officials?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Nothing like a little provocation to show us where you really stand. Honestly... hahaha... FC Bayern.... moral high ground... hahaha....

Be that as it may... I really wonder sometimes about foreign supporters of FC Bayern. Do they really understand or appreciate what Bavarian culture is really like, and how crooks like Hoeness and Beckenbauer are knock offs of Franz Josef Strauss or Edmund Stoiber. To me its like some Hungarian guy who thinks its cool to hang a Confederate flag in the garage.

Anyway... sad to see this little enclave evolve the spirit of a Donald Trump rally... (speaking of Bavarian like political culture). As far as I know, Bundesbiers isn't Mexican or wear head scarves too often. haha...

Certainly I don't know Bavarian culture from living there. But I do have some understanding. If you recall, I mentioned in the past how my family hails from Bavaria. My Dad fought for the U.S. Navy in WWII, while his relatives, who I got to know a number of years ago, fought with the Luftwaffe. It was one of those relatives who taught be about Bavaria and our family ties. There are several whole towns down in that area where our family name is almost as common as "Smith and Jones" in the U.S.

When I was still healthy enough to make partnership trips to Berlin through our denomination, my friends in Berlin were sure to tell me about the stereotypes of some of the regions in Germany. They did tell me they considered Bavarians to be a bunch of old fashioned ultra conservative country hicks. They also told me people from Cologne were known for being drunks. Of course a couple of men kept me up one night, plying me with beer and regaling me of the wonders of Prussian history. In 2001 I went to buy an FCBayern jersey in Berlin and my friend strongly dissuaded me with mockery and a sniff. So I bought Germany national stuff. I wish I would have stood my ground and bought the Bayern kit at cheap prices back then. There are some very positive things about Bavarian culture and the team as well. For instance, when the Nazis rose to power, Bayern was a marked team. They were known as a "jewish team". They were the team of Landauer and Hirsch. Their team protest in favor of Landauer was a brave thing under the circumstances.

Believe me, I would love to have my life back from this stupid disease and be able to run out to sporting events all the time and be able to return to Germany to spend some time in Bavaria. But life has a way of robbing us of our plans. I'm painfully aware that I can't get out and support my teams at their stadiums like others, but that doesn't mean I'm less a fan. You can't imagine how it hurts to remember the times I used to take the boys to baseball games and other events, and know I'm not real capable of doing that anymore. I am planning to go to the Bayern v Real Madrid match in NY. I'm just hoping with all my heart this stupid disease will let me make it.

FC Bayern is the first professional soccer club that I started actually supporting when I began to take interest in professional soccer. That was in the 1990's when I trained to coach High School soccer in New York State. The local High School was a "soccer school". I chose Bayern because of our heritage, not because of some "bandwagon".

I've recently started to follow Everton some, because of what I learned from you folks about their history and heritage. I follow the Philadelphia Union because, well they are close to home and I like how the fans are the ones who really got the club going. So it's a little off putting to be pigeon holed as a know nothing bandwagon fan. If a team has a lot of success, does that automatically mean all it fans are shallow? What does that say for Packer fans? (End of sermon)

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Welcome to the moderating team

And remember that the root word is moderate. Thanks to nessie for his moderate views and I share his wish to preserve the dignity of this space. I stand by what I said. If we are all to be like minded there is less reason to converse here.

My friend and I are not here to convert you to Chargers fans. But to me that is even more imaginable or probable than rooting for FC Bayern, Man United, RB Anything or the Denver Broncos. :D

Last edited:
OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
In the past i have been as guilty as anyone here for misreading situations its very easy to happen, sport can sometimes be a very passionate subject we are all human. As nessie said its not a matter of life and death, we all should welcome differing opinions even if we don't agree with them. (Easier said than done sometimes) but i would not have it any other way.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Sandolf - personally I'm not very happy that Hoeness is practically being welcomed back into the fold with open arms. Nor was I happy to see the charges against beckenbauer. But would you give up on your team because of the corruption of a few top officials?

No of course not. And I am willing to admit that I adored Beckenbauer as manager of the German national side.

What us grizzled old farts of forum engagement dislike passionately is the use of the ignore function as a political statement. If you want to ignore somebody fine. The rest of us don't need to know about it.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

No of course not. And I am willing to admit that I adored Beckenbauer as manager of the German national side.

What us grizzled old farts of forum engagement dislike passionately is the use of the ignore function as a political statement. If you want to ignore somebody fine. The rest of us don't need to know about it.

Sandolph. I understand that you think you are helping here, but in truth you`re not. Wether you like the ignore feature or not, it`s there for a reason. It stops things getting out of hand and moderator having to get involved.

Members online

Latest posts