Fußball-Bundesliga

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Well, KSC Fans are abviously not amused about the freekick call.... :eek::D
Btw, nice accent they have down there in Baden
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reminds me of another gentleman who used to rant, but I cant remember his name.......:unsure:

Luca

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You all got me searching for images of Bayern's hooligans. For some reason google translated Bayern as Bayer. Wow. I didn't know Leverkusen had such violent run ins with the police. Then I searched for other instances of football hooliganism. I think the most intimidating fan I have ever seen comes from Arsenal;

That guy is Gennero di Tomasso, an Italian hooligan leader/maffia boss.

Last year AS Roma fans killed one Napoli fan in Rome last year before the cup final. What ensued was a massive fight between hooligans in the city of Rome. After those events, "Genny" managed to postpone the cup final, which was a bloody shame. Right now, this guy is under house arrest for unreleted events (mafia related).

Having said that, usually not much happens at Napoli home games. I've been to several Napoli home games, and I have never witnessed any fan violence or something like that. Although, apparently a lot of fan violence happens at away games. So their fans are defiantly not a bunch of saints.

Still, the worst hooligans in Italy are probably those of AS Roma. Especially when they play Lazio Roma, than the city of Roma literally changes in a war zone. Moreover they have the bad habbit of stabbing fans of the opposing teams.

I

That guy is Gennero di Tomasso, an Italian hooligan leader/maffia boss.

Last year AS Roma fans killed one Napoli fan in Rome last year before the cup final. What ensued was a massive fight between hooligans in the city of Rome. After those events, "Genny" managed to postpone the cup final, which was a bloody shame. Right now, this guy is under house arrest for unreleted events (mafia related).

Having said that, usually not much happens at Napoli home games. I've been to several Napoli home games, and I have never witnessed any fan violence or something like that. Although, apparently a lot of fan violence happens at away games. So their fans are defiantly not a bunch of saints.

Still, the worst hooligans in Italy are probably those of AS Roma. Especially when they play Lazio Roma, than the city of Roma literally changes in a war zone. Moreover they have the bad habbit of stabbing fans of the opposing teams.

Genuinely shocked by that information. To be honest, it was stuff like this that put me off following football (Soccer) for years. For years, I was brought up a Liverpool fan, coming from there. One year, I saw them play Ipswich Town at Anfield, and although Ipswich lost 5-2 I was hooked.
In those days, it probably wasn`t as common to follow out of town football teams as it is now. The only way I could get to see Ipswich was to travel on the "Football Special trains" that were put on, and THAT was the problem.
If I wore my team colours I was in danger of getting a beating from Liverpool/Everton fans. If I spoke, I was in danger of a beating from Ipswich fans !!! No win situation. It MAY have changed a bit, but I lost some of my enthusiasm for FOLLOWING the game. I still enjoy watching it, from a safe distance though.

Luca

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Genuinely shocked by that information. To be honest, it was stuff like this that put me off following football (Soccer) for years. For years, I was brought up a Liverpool fan, coming from there. One year, I saw them play Ipswich Town at Anfield, and although Ipswich lost 5-2 I was hooked.
In those days, it probably wasn`t as common to follow out of town football teams as it is now. The only way I could get to see Ipswich was to travel on the "Football Special trains" that were put on, and THAT was the problem.
If I wore my team colours I was in danger of getting a beating from Liverpool/Everton fans. If I spoke, I was in danger of a beating from Ipswich fans !!! No win situation. It MAY have changed a bit, but I lost some of my enthusiasm for FOLLOWING the game. I still enjoy watching it, from a safe distance though.

This kind of despicable stuff ruins the game, that is for sure! :mad: Fortunately it is much better nowadays as in the eighties/ early nineties. Hooliganism is still an big issue is some countries, like for example in Italy, Poland, Croatia and Serbia, but in most countries fan violence really diminished. I think mainly because of different approach by law enforcement.

I also do believe that the Italians are aware that something needs to change. However at some clubs the ultras are genuinely powerful. Even a small measure like a mandatory Fan ID-card, met with huge opposition from the ultras. Having said that, I do believe change is going on in Italy. The power of most ultra groups is not as big as it used to be (for example, Lazio ultras basically used to run the club, but not anymore).

And by the way, you can't control everything, unfortunately. For example, fan violence here in the Netherlands is very rare nowadays. However when fans from Dutch clubs (not the national team!) travel to another country fan violence unfortunately is very common. The main reason is that stadium/area bans are not enforced outside the Netherlands.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Well if you believe what goes on in the rumor mill, Man UTD is going to sign every single bayern player :roflmao:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Well if you believe what goes on in the rumor mill, Man UTD is going to sign every single bayern player :roflmao:

As I have learned from the guys on this forum, this is what they call "silly season". It's that time when rumors of transfers abound but few are actually reliable.

I

Nessie, if you get the chance, get to a pub or hotel where they have satellite T.V. At 17.30, on BT Sports 2, there is a program you might be interested in seeing. :whistling:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nessie, if you get the chance, get to a pub or hotel where they have satellite T.V. At 17.30, on BT Sports 2, there is a program you might be interested in seeing. :whistling:
:laugh: Let's see if I can find it on TV here at the B&B while waiting for my wife getting ready for dinner.
But I dont expect British TV to tell the truth, we all know - no goal and the fifth star for Germany it should have been :p;)
Has Blatter already been working for FIFA those days? :cautious::D

I

:laugh: Let's see if I can find it on TV here at the B&B while waiting for my wife getting ready for dinner.
But I dont expect British TV to tell the truth, we all know - no goal and the fifth star for Germany it should have been :p;)
Has Blatter already been working for FIFA those days? :cautious::D

Hahaha.....I guess you checked the T.V. guide ??

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he`s in Wales. I don`t think they drive there ;)
Its a mess. We picked up a car at Manchester Airport and I'm driving like a beginner because everything is on the wrong side. Not only driving on the left, steering wheel is on the right and I need to shift gears with the left hand :eek::rolleyes:. Thats weird, whats wrong with this country? :D

I

Its a mess. We picked up a car at Manchester Airport and I'm driving like a beginner because everything is on the wrong side. Not only driving on the left, steering wheel is on the right and I need to shift gears with the left hand :eek::rolleyes:. Thats weird, whats wrong with this country? :D

You`ve driven here before !! What`s changed ?

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score

Don't they have trains there? Much easier to travel that way... at least it is for me in Germany.