1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

From Pacman to Packerman?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by NYPacker, Apr 27, 2010.

1. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
  2. TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe TheGiftedApe

Ratings:
    +77
    I don't mind bringing in problem players. They either correct their behavior or they get Cut Immediatley. Right now he would be extremely cheap, and if all we do is ask him to do is return punts, he would be very valuable. IF he wants to go to strip clubs(I'm pretty sure Green bay doesnt have a strip club) and smoke weed and poor champagne on females, then TT can just cut him and he would be an example to other players that want to come here and act up, you get cut.

3. A12ROD903

A12ROD903 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    Didnt they try this before with him?

4. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Who's this guy again???

5. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacman_Jones]Adam Jones (American football) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

6. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +584
    When you get cut by Jerry Jones, you KNOW you suck. Not only that he has attitude issues on top of sucking.

I'm no expert and I wouldn't take him, no way the Packers want him around. Hell, he couldn't even make it in the CFL.

7. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,014
    The PR would be terrible for the packers.

8. SCpackerfan

SCpackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +21
    The nickel would be dirty though! Woodson, Bigby(Burnett),Collins,P.Jones,Harris...Haha, on paper thats scary...

9. DoubleC4

DoubleC4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    I would love to agree with you, but I just cant. If a player has attitude problems BUT is good I can see the point in bringing him in. But, in my opinion, Jones has attitude problems up the ***, and he just plain sucks. So I think this would hurt our defense rather than help it.

10. DTown SBrown

DTown SBrown Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +48
    Wen have done "OK" with trouble players in the past, Andre "Bad Moon" Rison, Terry Glenn, Koren Robinson, etc. The key is that they all seem to stay out of trouble here. While it may seem to be a negative, I think players like these, the diva types who attract drama and trouble, see GB as a purgatory of sorts, as a last straw. While others may say "this is your last chance" I think they realize it when they come here, simply because we dont pride a name here, we pride results.

I say all this and I would also say give him a camp shot, if he sucks or screws up, cut him lose. We could probably pick him up for close to vets minimum, and lose nothing if hes done for.

11. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +584

There is no point even bringing him in. He couldn't even make a CFL team. He couldn't even stay out of trouble in Dallas with 2 of Jerry Jone's goons babysitting him. He attacked one of his own body guards in the bathroom!!

12. TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe TheGiftedApe

Ratings:
    +77
    If you think Adam Pacman Jones is a bad KR/PR guy you are just ignorant, or blind, the guy is a game changer.

13. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    I have no doubt that he is a playmaker. What concerns me is will he be as consistent off the field as he is on it?

14. DTown SBrown

DTown SBrown Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +48
    more than likely not, but bring him in, see what hes got, cut him lose if he doesnt have it on or off the field.

15. 21dmvp21

21dmvp21 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    this would be the ultimate low risk high reward type of move. if he screws up we cut him loose and in 5 years nobody will remember he played with the packers. if he is damn good and makes a few pro bowls TT looks like a genius. i agree that dallas was a bad place for him. green bay would be perfect.

16. Ghost of Billy Mays

Ghost of Billy Mays Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    Don't forget about that womenizing boozer of a QB we got from Atlanta, according to his coach he was sent to GB because of the lack of nightlife.

17. DTown SBrown

DTown SBrown Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +48
    Sorry, dont like to mention the dead for fear of speaking ill. :viksux::nono::nono::nono:

18. CM_Awesome

CM_Awesome Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I say HELL NO to bringing in Pacman Jones! That is a ridiculous idea.

19. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,014
    LOL yeah he is sooo good the last time he ran something into the endzone in the NFL was 2006.

20. SCpackerfan

SCpackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +21
    Ok, everyone that hates the idea of pacman coming in, what if he came in and took J.Bush's spot?? How would you feel then?

21. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    You don't mess with team chemistry just for a dime back...

The guy's a bum and would ruin our locker room...

22. Mack_20

Mack_20 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    My thoughts is that it can never hurt to bring a guy in for a tryout. Yeah I think Pacman is a creep, but maybe he has shaped up a bit. When guys are against the rope and only have a slim chance left, they tend to finally shape up. IMO its a low risk, because you can sign him very cheap and cut him loose as soon as anything negative happens.

Oh, and Green Bay does have a strip club, at least one, The Oval Office.

23. olwig420

olwig420 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    NO.. just knowing that the Packers are considering him sends a message to the players. All of our players know we don't like players with major character issues, also what kind of message does that send to our current CBs if we are considering bringing in this guy.

24. DILLIGAFF

DILLIGAFF Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    It was my understanding that the Cowboys parted ways with him for lack of skills and poor performance, than the off the field problems. Rumors are that he has gained 20 pounds, I am guessing he is out of shape as well.

I don't see him in football shape, would rather develope another player that has a future.

IMO would rather have T.O. on the team than Pacman.

25. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    No. I hate the rain, why would I want them to bring in someone that makes it rain?