From Pacman to Packerman?

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
I don't mind bringing in problem players. They either correct their behavior or they get Cut Immediatley. Right now he would be extremely cheap, and if all we do is ask him to do is return punts, he would be very valuable. IF he wants to go to strip clubs(I'm pretty sure Green bay doesnt have a strip club) and smoke weed and poor champagne on females, then TT can just cut him and he would be an example to other players that want to come here and act up, you get cut.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Who's this guy again???
[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacman_Jones]Adam Jones (American football) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
Near the 2007 NFL Draft, Jones's numerous off-the-field problems led to speculation that the Titans would cut or trade Jones before his third season, despite his breakout second year. Reese himself said that he and others on the Titans had spent "countless hours" trying to set Jones straight. He also said that while Jones had been everything the Titans had hoped he would be on the field, he'd been "nothing but a disaster off the field" during his two years in Nashville.[2]
On April 10, 2007, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell announced a one-year suspension for Jones, to be re-evaluated after the tenth regular-season game, pending disposition of current cases, which Jones appealed.[3][4] Jones took out a full ad in The Tennessean, promising "he'll win back trust" of his teammates and fans." "To my family, teammates, coaches and fans, I recognize that I have lost the right to ask for your patience and understanding," Jones wrote. "However, I will do everything in my power to regain your trust and respect." Jones also wrote in the letter, his plans to re-enroll and finish his degree at West Virginia University. "The basis of the appeal … will be to clarify some of the facts and address the unprecedented punishment that was imposed," Jones wrote in the letter. However on June 12, Jones withdrew his appeal.
On November 5, 2007, it was reported that Jones would not be allowed to be reinstated during the 2007 season after meeting with Goodell. Tennessee running back LenDale White told The Tennessean that he thinks that "53 of 53" Titans' players would want Jones to return to the team. Quarterback Vince Young said, "We are going to do well without him, we can do well with him...".[5] On December 13, 2007, the NFL agreed to hear the players' union's appeal on Jones's behalf. The players' union appealed Roger Goodell's decision to not allow Jones to be reinstated during the 2007 season.[6]
On February 1, 2008, ESPN reported that that Goodell remained "disappointed" in Jones and that he would most likely not be reinstated after the Super Bowl. The NFL was to review Jones after the 2008 Pro Bowl.[7] It was also reported that the Titans would try to trade Jones, if reinstated.[8]
On March 8, 2008, Jones announced on a Tennessee radio station that he felt he was in "tip-top shape" and was ready to be reinstated. His agent also announced that they would consider applying for reinstatement before the 2008 NFL Draft. Jones also said on the radio show that he would like to play for the Dallas Cowboys, if the Titans were looking to trade him.[9] The Detroit Lions, Oakland Raiders, Kansas City Chiefs, Houston Texans and New Orleans Saints also expressed interest in Jones. On March 30, Jones participated at a charity basketball event, where he then signed a football for a fan with the #21, later saying that he believed he would wear the number if he ended up in Dallas with the Cowboys.[10] NFL Network correspondent Adam Schefter had also described the Tennessee–Dallas trade for Jones as being "imminent".[11] On April 1, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said that he would have a decision on reinstating Jones prior to training camp, presumably in July.[12] However, the next day, reports said that the trade was being delayed due to the Cowboys denying the request to provide a fourth-round pick and a pick in the 2009 NFL Draft. Also, disagreements let out over whether the Cowboys would reimburse the Titans for a bonus owed to Jones.[13] However, Adam Schefter of NFL Network reported on April 13 that trade talks had restarted, with the Cowboys offering a sixth-round pick and the Titans requesting a fourth-round pick in the 2008 draft.[14]

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
When you get cut by Jerry Jones, you KNOW you suck. Not only that he has attitude issues on top of sucking.

I'm no expert and I wouldn't take him, no way the Packers want him around. Hell, he couldn't even make it in the CFL.

DoubleC4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The nickel would be dirty though! Woodson, Bigby(Burnett),Collins,P.Jones,Harris...Haha, on paper thats scary...

I would love to agree with you, but I just cant. If a player has attitude problems BUT is good I can see the point in bringing him in. But, in my opinion, Jones has attitude problems up the ***, and he just plain sucks. So I think this would hurt our defense rather than help it.

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wen have done "OK" with trouble players in the past, Andre "Bad Moon" Rison, Terry Glenn, Koren Robinson, etc. The key is that they all seem to stay out of trouble here. While it may seem to be a negative, I think players like these, the diva types who attract drama and trouble, see GB as a purgatory of sorts, as a last straw. While others may say "this is your last chance" I think they realize it when they come here, simply because we dont pride a name here, we pride results.

I say all this and I would also say give him a camp shot, if he sucks or screws up, cut him lose. We could probably pick him up for close to vets minimum, and lose nothing if hes done for.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I say all this and I would also say give him a camp shot, if he sucks or screws up, cut him lose. We could probably pick him up for close to vets minimum, and lose nothing if hes done for.

There is no point even bringing him in. He couldn't even make a CFL team. He couldn't even stay out of trouble in Dallas with 2 of Jerry Jone's goons babysitting him. He attacked one of his own body guards in the bathroom!!

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
If you think Adam Pacman Jones is a bad KR/PR guy you are just ignorant, or blind, the guy is a game changer.

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you think Adam Pacman Jones is a bad KR/PR guy you are just ignorant, or blind, the guy is a game changer.

I have no doubt that he is a playmaker. What concerns me is will he be as consistent off the field as he is on it?

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
more than likely not, but bring him in, see what hes got, cut him lose if he doesnt have it on or off the field.

21dmvp21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this would be the ultimate low risk high reward type of move. if he screws up we cut him loose and in 5 years nobody will remember he played with the packers. if he is damn good and makes a few pro bowls TT looks like a genius. i agree that dallas was a bad place for him. green bay would be perfect.

Ghost of Billy Mays

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wen have done "OK" with trouble players in the past, Andre "Bad Moon" Rison, Terry Glenn, Koren Robinson, etc. The key is that they all seem to stay out of trouble here. While it may seem to be a negative, I think players like these, the diva types who attract drama and trouble, see GB as a purgatory of sorts, as a last straw. While others may say "this is your last chance" I think they realize it when they come here, simply because we dont pride a name here, we pride results.

Don't forget about that womenizing boozer of a QB we got from Atlanta, according to his coach he was sent to GB because of the lack of nightlife.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My thoughts is that it can never hurt to bring a guy in for a tryout. Yeah I think Pacman is a creep, but maybe he has shaped up a bit. When guys are against the rope and only have a slim chance left, they tend to finally shape up. IMO its a low risk, because you can sign him very cheap and cut him loose as soon as anything negative happens.

Oh, and Green Bay does have a strip club, at least one, The Oval Office.

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NO.. just knowing that the Packers are considering him sends a message to the players. All of our players know we don't like players with major character issues, also what kind of message does that send to our current CBs if we are considering bringing in this guy.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was my understanding that the Cowboys parted ways with him for lack of skills and poor performance, than the off the field problems. Rumors are that he has gained 20 pounds, I am guessing he is out of shape as well.

I don't see him in football shape, would rather develope another player that has a future.

IMO would rather have T.O. on the team than Pacman.

Members online

Latest posts