Free Agents you would like to see sign with Green Bay in 2019?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Well its official....at least for today......stay tuned at as "The AB Turns" soap opera continues....

AB
@AB84
· 45m
Will not be playing in the @NFL anymore these owners can cancel deals do whatever they want at anytime we will see if the @NFLPA hold them accountable sad they can just void guarantees anytime going on 40m 2 months will see if they pay up !

Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero

Since Antonio Brown is calling out the NFLPA, it’s worth pointing out: The union represented him in two grievances over his helmet, and is prepared to represent him in the NFL’s personal conduct probe too. Also the void language in his contracts is standard...just rarely an issue

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
For all those still thinking the Packers should sign Dez Bryant, checkout his recent tweet to Aaron Nagler who is a Packer reporter. Dez is referring to Antonio Brown and responding to Nagler saying the Packers don't need to sign Dez and MVS is better anyway.

Dez Bryant
@DezBryant

Love his game and he should play..but check this out **** head if you do your research I’ve stated recent and a long time ago I wouldn’t join the packers based off the history... don’t try to play me scum

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For all those still thinking the Packers should sign Dez Bryant, checkout his recent tweet to Aaron Nagler who is a Packer reporter. Dez is referring to Antonio Brown and responding to Nagler saying the Packers don't need to sign Dez and MVS is better anyway.

Dez Bryant
@DezBryant

Love his game and he should play..but check this out **** head if you do your research I’ve stated recent and a long time ago I wouldn’t join the packers based off the history... don’t try to play me scum

So he wouldn't want to join The Packers due to a bruised ego from years back, even though their was over 4 minutes to play? Fine. We'll be just fine without him. And this is coming from someone that likes Dez and actually wouldn't have minded him being on the team. If you're so reluctant to join a team due a bruised ego from the many asswhoopings we've gave you over the years, we don't need him! Don't let the doorknob hit you where the dog should've bit you!

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So he wouldn't want to join The Packers due to a bruised ego from years back, even though their was over 4 minutes to play? Fine. We'll be just fine without him. And this is coming from someone that likes Dez and actually wouldn't have minded him being on the team. If you're so reluctant to join a team due a bruised ego from the many asswhoopings we've gave you over the years, we don't need him! Don't let the doorknob hit you where the dog should've bit you!
While I don’t take much stock in his twitter posturing, It is the kind of thing that most of us would expect from him. It is one of the reasons that many of us have said we want nothing to do with him. Meanwhile, if I’m not mistaken you have been quite vocal about telling us we are wrong and that his character shouldn’t matter.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I don’t take much stock in his twitter posturing, It is the kind of thing that most of us would expect from him. It is one of the reasons that many of us have said we want nothing to do with him. Meanwhile, if I’m not mistaken you have been quite vocal about telling us we are wrong and that his character shouldn’t matter.

I admit I probably was the most vocal in giving Dez an opportunity, but I never said his character shouldn't matter. I said we should consider giving him a chance as I believed he could be a possible asset to the time, while at the same time give him an opportunity at redemption. Call it whatever you like, but I believe people can change for the better, and that a person's past doesn't have to define them, and people can change for the better.

I may not agree with people regarding their opinion, but I don't recall me ever telling anyone here that they're wrong for feeling that way. Unless you're saying because I have a different opinion from others, I think people are wrong simply because people don't see things my way.

I could be mistaken, but I seriously hope you don't believe that's how I view people with different opinions from mine.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was old and worn down 2 years ago and now he's coming off a torn achilles, what do you think he has left? none of the other stuff matters. he's DUN

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I admit I probably was the most vocal in giving Dez an opportunity, but I never said his character shouldn't matter.

Are you talking about his "old" character shouldn't matter or the one you perceived he had changed to? Because it really appears that he is the same guy to me, a guy I would not want on the Packers.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I admit I probably was the most vocal in giving Dez an opportunity, but I never said his character shouldn't matter. I said we should consider giving him a chance as I believed he could be a possible asset to the time, while at the same time give him an opportunity at redemption. Call it whatever you like, but I believe people can change for the better, and that a person's past doesn't have to define them, and people can change for the better.

I may not agree with people regarding their opinion, but I don't recall me ever telling anyone here that they're wrong for feeling that way. Unless you're saying because I have a different opinion from others, I think people are wrong simply because people don't see things my way.

I could be mistaken, but I seriously hope you don't believe that's how I view people with different opinions from mine.
Ok then take my previous post to be a friendly “ I told you so” lol.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you talking about his "old" character shouldn't matter or the one you perceived he had changed to? Because it really appears that he is the same guy to me, a guy I would not want on the Packers.
I just thought he got a bad shake in Dallas, granted some of it was his fault, but overall I felt he was used as a scapegoat as someone to blame as to any why The Cowboys weren't doing well. I figured by bringing in a new environment, and a place with lesser...distractions, as well as a team that desires to win like him, I figured this could be an opportunity to show that he's turned over a new leaf and still show that he has plenty of football left in him. The difference between playing with a guy like Dak, and a guy like Rodgers throwing you the ball is like the distance between the sun and the earth. But if this guy is so butthurt over meaningless games, simply because he was apart of the losing end, screw him. We don't need that on our team.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok then take my previous post to be a friendly “ I told you so” lol.
Yep. You guys were right. If this guy doesn't want to be on this team, then to hell with him! We don't need him. I like Dez but if he wants to be so picky and not see the benefit of having the opportunity to play for us because he's so butthurt, I say good riddance. I like him, but it's a shame he can't leave that swollen ego of his at the door. You guys were right.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
don't know his current physical situation, and i'm NOT advocating it, but as far as WR's go kelvin benjamin is probably the best available guy out there...who isn't suspended. lol

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I just thought he got a bad shake in Dallas, granted some of it was his fault, but overall I felt he was used as a scapegoat as someone to blame as to any why The Cowboys weren't doing well. I figured by bringing in a new environment, and a place with lesser...distractions, as well as a team that desires to win like him, I figured this could be an opportunity to show that he's turned over a new leaf and still show that he has plenty of football left in him. The difference between playing with a guy like Dak, and a guy like Rodgers throwing you the ball is like the distance between the sun and the earth. But if this guy is so butthurt over meaningless games, simply because he was apart of the losing end, screw him. We don't need that on our team.

I seriously was reading that and all I could think of was Antonio Brown. Granted, Dez hasn't quite met the AB standards of bad teammate, but he still isn't a guy I would be very excited about bringing to Green Bay. Kind of a moot discussion though, since Dez himself said he would never play in Green Bay.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I seriously was reading that and all I could think of was Antonio Brown. Granted, Dez hasn't quite met the AB standards of bad teammate, but he still isn't a guy I would be very excited about bringing to Green Bay. Kind of a moot discussion though, since Dez himself said he would never play in Green Bay.
I want AB as FAR away from Green Bay as humanly possible. Dez may have had issues but it's nowhere near AB's level.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
don't know his current physical situation, and i'm advocating it, but as far as WR's go kelvin benjamin is probably the best available guy out there...who isn't suspended. lol

What have you done for me lately, etc.

2018 season
On December 4, 2018, Benjamin was released by the Bills. He finished the season playing in 12 games, starting 10, recording 23 receptions for 354 yards and just one touchdown.[46] Prior to his release Benjamin had a catch rate of 35 percent, the worst in the league.[47]

Kansas City Chiefs
Two days after being released by the Bills, Benjamin signed a one-year deal with the Kansas City Chiefs.[48] Benjamin made just two catches in three regular season games with the team, and did not appear in their two playoff games.[49]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelvin_Benjamin

Not trending in the right direction.....

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What have you done for me lately, etc.

2018 season
On December 4, 2018, Benjamin was released by the Bills. He finished the season playing in 12 games, starting 10, recording 23 receptions for 354 yards and just one touchdown.[46] Prior to his release Benjamin had a catch rate of 35 percent, the worst in the league.[47]

Kansas City Chiefs
Two days after being released by the Bills, Benjamin signed a one-year deal with the Kansas City Chiefs.[48] Benjamin made just two catches in three regular season games with the team, and did not appear in their two playoff games.[49]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelvin_Benjamin

Not trending in the right direction.....
was just a thought. he's just 28 though. better than allison?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I wish we would take John Kelly off the Rams practice squad.
We could if the Packers offered him a spot on the 53. What do you know about John Kelly that we all should know? Seems like pedestrian numbers, but I know nothing about him

27 rushes 74 yards 2.7 yds/carry.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Time for the way-back machine about malcontents that were declining in skill and being shunned by most of the league. I'm not using this as a reason to pick up Dez Bryant or Michael Crabtree, but it's worth driving every car in the lot to see if it can meet your immediate needs (even if it's not an optimal fit for the long-term).

Andre Bad Moon Rison was the deva WR of his time, creating drama and producing less and less while bouncing from team to team. On being cut after only 11 games with the Jaguars in 1996:
A day after stoically enduring an on-field scolding from Jacksonville quarterback Mark Brunell at Pittsburgh, wide receiver Andre Rison was waived on Monday....That was typical of their relationship. Brunell and Rison have not been on the same page, and Rison - signed after a year at Cleveland - never became the go-to receiver the Jaguars had wanted. He ranked third on the team with 34 catches for 458 yards and two touchdowns. Several Jaguars staffers said Rison consistently ran imprecise routes, which contributed heavily to his release.
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-xpm-1996-11-19-9611181034-story.html

Charles Woodson was dealing with significant injuries and definitely trending down. Most teams sniffed his decaying corpse and looked away. Not Green Bay:
In fact, Woodson, sidelined by knee and hip injuries in 2004 and by a broken leg in 2005, has not played a full 16-game schedule since 2001. He suffered the broken leg in a game against Buffalo last Oct. 23, and made just six appearances, a career low... ...In the last five seasons, however, Woodson has recorded more than one interception just one time, in 2003, when he had three. He has never posted more than five interceptions in a season and his career best came in his rookie campaign of 1998, when he was the fourth overall player chosen in the draft.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=2423159[/quote][/quote]

Both of these guys contributed greatly to bringing Lombardi trophies back to Green Bay. There is potential in everyone, and everyone is worth assessing their potential impact to helping the Packers win a championship.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I get throwing Andre Rison in as a malcontent, but Charles Woodson? That is news to me that he was viewed that way? I thought the deal with Charles was that with all his injuries, nobody wanted to take a chance on paying him, what was pretty big money.

Now Rison was definitely a malcontent. He was a big gamble for Wolf, however he turned out to be a worthwhile gamble. It was November, the Packers were 8-1, Wolf had a Super Bowl quality team on his hands and then injuries to the starting WR's set in. Robert Brooks was lost for the season to a knee injury, Antonio Freeman broke his arm and Chumura was playing injured. The Packers lost 2 straight games, the last being against the Cowboys 21-6 on Monday Night Football and a National Audience. Backup WR's Terry Mickens, Don Beebe, Desmond Howard and Derek Mayes were totally ineffective. TE Keith Jackson was about Farves only weapon. So Wolf signed Rison almost immediately.

The Packers never lost a game after that, going on to win a Super Bowl. While Rison didn't do a ton in his 5 regular season games, he was dynamic in the Playoffs and Super Bowl. Rison did keep his nose clean while in Green Bay. Holmgren actually ordered him to never sit for interviews, afraid he would get too comfortable and shoot his mouth off. Surprising they didn't resign him, but maybe they thought they had flown close enough to the Moon?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rison worked because it was short term and we were headed somewhere. Guys like that are only worth short term risk.

Staff online

Members online