Free Agents you would like to see sign with Green Bay in 2019?

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers should trade for Minkah Fitzpatrick. That guy could would be a major benefit to ANY team in the NFL and would immediately be the starting slot corner for the Packers. With Minkah and Alexander, the Packers would have two great, young corners while still having the chance for King/Jackson to develop. Packers should happily be willing to give up a 1st for that guy. Packers would be getting a great corner on a cheap deal for 4 years.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Packers should trade for Minkah Fitzpatrick. That guy could would be a major benefit to ANY team in the NFL and would immediately be the starting slot corner for the Packers. With Minkah and Alexander, the Packers would have two great, young corners while still having the chance for King/Jackson to develop. Packers should happily be willing to give up a 1st for that guy. Packers would be getting a great corner on a cheap deal for 4 years.

The Fire sale in Miami continues! From what I read, the Dolphins asking price is "steep". Whatever that means. I assume at least a first rounder.

While I think Fitzpatrick's rookie salary for 3 more years would make him a pretty good bargain, I am not so sure I would want to see the Packers invest any more high draft stock into the secondary. The secondary looks like it will be just fine and has a lot of young players in it that are still developing. Giving up a first rounder, a pick that could help the team at another position next season would make it a "no" for me.

Now if the Dolphins would take Josh Jackson and a 3rd round pick, I would be interested.

Last edited:

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Fire sale in Miami continues! From what I read, the Dolphins asking price is "steep". Whatever that means. I assume at least a first rounder.

While I think Fitzpatrick's rookie salary for 3 more years would make him a pretty good bargain, I am not so sure I would want to see the Packers invest any more high draft stock into the secondary. The secondary looks like it will be just fine and has a lot of young players in it that are still developing. Giving up a first rounder, a pick that could help the team at another position next season would make it a "no" for me.

Now if the Dolphins would take Josh Jackson and a 3rd round pick, I would be interested.

Packers corners consist of one player who looks to be very good, an aging vet, and two young guys who have a LOT to prove. In today's NFL having 3 very good corners is a massive advantage. I'm not sure why they wouldn't want to invest more in the secondary considering the defense with Minkah and Alexander at corner, coupled with an improved pass rush, could turn this defense from potentially good to elite.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers corners consist of one player who looks to be very good, an aging vet, and two young guys who have a LOT to prove. In today's NFL having 3 very good corners is a massive advantage. I'm not sure why they wouldn't want to invest more in the secondary considering the defense with Minkah and Alexander at corner, coupled with an improved pass rush, could turn this defense from potentially good to elite.
Especially with King healthy, he could cover the slot. He played there at U Washington, as well as Safety. Super versatile players in our secondary, and we could easily make room for another in Fitzpatrick.

Do you know how dynamic it would be to have a fast, hard hitting 6-3 200 CB covering the dime?

Easily worth an R1. We will be picking last anyways.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of Free Agents, word has it that some teams are interested in acquiring Dez Bryant. The teams he is eyeing are The Packers, Saints, Ravens, or Panthers. Your thoughts you guys? Should we give him a look? I'm pretty confident he would be on his best behavior.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a general rule, for me, I think we are best staying away from head cases. Plus, I think he is not what he was 6 years ago... not even close.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a general rule, for me, I think we are best staying away from head cases. Plus, I think he is not what he was 6 years ago... not even close.
I don't think we need him to be considering we have Devante as the number 1 threat, but imo the chances are he probably is better than most of our talent currently, especially in the lateral game as he can go up for those jump balls. Plus I think he would be great as a red zone target. We don't need him to be a #1. I can see him being a second option opening things up for Devante.

I've always thought the dude got a bad shake and was always the scapegoat for Dallas due to their poor play. The dude wants to win and he's passionate. Besides what's in Green Bay to distract him like in Dallas? On top of that I believe in second chances. I wouldn't be opposed to giving him a look if it helps our chances of winning. The dude looks like he's in good shape and he has a chip on his shoulder and has something to prove.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny you mention that, and I can't remember where I saw this, sometime last year, but I guess he was really struggling on the jump balls his last 2-3 years in DAL. And, I was thinking of just that when I last posted...

Hey, Andre Rison was a head case too!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

I don't disagree with you whatsoever that Fitzpatrick would be an upgrade to our defense. However, the cost to obtain, if it was a 2020 first round would not be one I would like to see Gute part with. This season will play out and we will see what our needs are, but I don't think its going to be another CB, but I do think it is going to be someone on offense. If the Packers don't have to part with a first rounder and could get him for a 3rd and someone like Josh Jackson or Kevin King, I am in.

Speaking of Free Agents, word has it that some teams are interested in acquiring Dez Bryant. The teams he is eyeing are The Packers, Saints, Ravens, or Panthers. Your thoughts you guys? Should we give him a look? I'm pretty confident he would be on his best behavior.

Hell....F'ing No.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
No way.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Packers just picked up CB Tremon Smith, waived from the Chiefs. Another "Smith Brother" to add to the Defensive Unit and possibly as a return guy. He even took some snaps at RB. Maybe a diverse guy that could eventually add a few tools to the toolbox? But probably not someone to get too excited about just yet.

I wonder if someone is waived or Greene's injury was serious enough to land him on IR?

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/...eturn-man-tremon-smith-on-waivers-from-chiefs

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Packers just picked up CB Tremon Smith, waived from the Chiefs. Another "Smith Brother" to add to the Defensive Unit and possibly as a return guy. He even took some snaps at RB. Maybe a diverse guy that could eventually add a few tools to the toolbox? But probably not someone to get too excited about just yet.

I wonder if someone is waived or Greene's injury was serious enough to land him on IR?

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/...eturn-man-tremon-smith-on-waivers-from-chiefs
Demovsky just confirmed Greene has been placed on IR.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Demovsky just confirmed Greene has been placed on IR.

Doesn't really surprise me. So Greene was suppose to play ILB during passing downs after Burks went down, everybody behind Burks got hurt or wasn't good enough as a Will. WTH is the plan now? I don't think its Tremon Smith nor BJ Goodson. Is Burks that close to coming back and even if he is, is he THE guy and what happens if he isn't ready or gets hurt again?

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know he's going to retire with the Cards, but I wish we went after Fitzgerald at an earlier point when we had the chance. Him and Rodgers...Man that would've been fun to watch. The guy deserves a ring.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't really surprise me. So Greene was suppose to play ILB during passing downs after Burks went down, everybody behind Burks got hurt or wasn't good enough as a Will. WTH is the plan now? I don't think its Tremon Smith nor BJ Goodson. Is Burks that close to coming back and even if he is, is he THE guy and what happens if he isn't ready or gets hurt again?

Is a real problem. Greene is a big loss.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How serious is Greene's injury. I wasn't aware he was that was a huge blow to the defense. And any word on Smith?

I think he can come back after week 8 if he's healthy?

He's a pretty big blow, imo. He's our coverage "LB". Solid tackler, instinctive, doesn't make many mistakes. I think the main reason I view it was a blow is bc of his replacement. Who is it? I have no idea, tbh.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Packers shouldn't go after him, but this is a bit surprising. Seems like an uptick of players that want to jump ship, either from teams that they don't want to play for and/or because they are unhappy with how they are being used. Josh Jones started a trend! :coffee:

Sources: #Jaguars Pro Bowl CB Jalen Ramsey has requested a trade from the team. This stems from his frustration with how he’s being used and from a confrontation with coach Doug Marrone on Sunday. This has been steadily building.