Free Agent Signings for Packers or Elsewhere...

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Based on last years performance not sure any of them would find a home save for our safeties. I think the Packers snag Davon House and look to stock the position in the draft, this should be a good draft for CBs. I also expect either Randall or Rollins or both to rebound from last year.

Neither Randle or House are no.1 corners

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense is in a way worse condition then what you think. They ranked dead last against the pass.

If you wanna live in "LA LA Land" over Randle and Rollins bouncing back then great. Randle isn't a no. 1 corner period.

The Pass rush is mediore too and Matthews ranked like 96th last year at OLB. To pay him the kind of money there paying him is just retarded.

Guion can't stay off suspension and he needs to be replaced as well.

Losing both Lang and Tretter hurtz. One injury from the OL being a disaster. Cook has to be re-signed.

Yes I'll live in LA LA land hoping Randle and Rollins can bounce back the same way I did last year with Adams.

Yes they need another pass rusher. This draft is also stocked with them. Good lord the really NEEDED that FA or the seasons lost.

Yes they can use another CB. This draft is stacked with them. Good lord really NEEDED that #1 CB in FA or the seasons lost.

Losing Lang and Tretter hurts yes but hardly a death blow and oh no we now need to either slide Bulaga down and start Spriggs at RT or simply convert Spriggs to Guard and the draft depth not even accounting for Murphey from last year. Good lord really NEEDED that FA here or the seasons lost.

Good thing we drafted Clark last year. Really NEEDED that FA here or the seasons lost.

Once again the defensive issues are almost entirely tied to our CB position. No shocker. They decimated by injuries and sophmore not progressing at the rate they hoped much the same way our offense 2 years ago sucked because one positional group was decimated by injuries and sophmore not progressing (probably needed to overturn the entire O am I right?). Yes they could hedge their bets on Randle and Rollins turning the corner. Probably even should. But please continue to go chicken little right now

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thompson is not going to overpay day one, if you expected him to your just fooling your self.
I like what the Browns are doing on their line.

Not many smart GMs do the first day overpay signings. Unless truly one piece away rarely ever works to do so.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes they can use another CB. This draft is stacked with them. Good lord really NEEDED that #1 CB in FA or the seasons lost.
Oh great, another dumb *** rookie CB, to run around clueless in our secondary. We need someone good. Someone with experience. We need to beat Atlanta.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh great, another dumb *** rookie CB, to run around clueless in our secondary. We need someone good. Someone with experience. We need to beat Atlanta.

Good lord another chicken little since we didn't shell out 13 million a year for Bouye the season is over. Because zero good teams have ever relied on rookie CBs in a nickel or dime role.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Yes I'll live in LA LA land hoping Randle and Rollins can bounce back the same way I did last year with Adams.

Yes they need another pass rusher. This draft is also stocked with them. Good lord the really NEEDED that FA or the seasons lost.

Losing Lang and Tretter hurts yes but hardly a death blow and oh no we now need to either slide Bulaga down and start Spriggs at RT or simply convert Spriggs to Guard and the draft depth not even accounting for Murphey from last year. Good lord really NEEDED that FA here or the seasons lost.

Good thing we drafted Clark last year. Really NEEDED that FA here or the seasons lost.

Once again the defensive issues are almost entirely tied to our CB position. No shocker. They decimated by injuries and sophmore not progressing at the rate they hoped much the same way our offense 2 years ago sucked because one positional group was decimated by injuries and sophmore not progressing (probably needed to overturn the entire O am I right?). Yes they could hedge their bets on Randle and Rollins turning the corner. Probably even should. But please continue to go chicken little right now

Your nuts if you think there gonna throw rookies out there to fil all those holes and compete for a Super Bowl.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good lord another chicken little since we didn't shell out 13 million a year for Bouye the season is over. Because zero good teams have ever relied on rookie CBs in a nickel or dime role.
Right, the teamed that paid him, what a bunch of losers they are.:unsure:

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd rather have a vet at CB instead of another inexperienced rookie. Going to have same issues as this past season a young CB getting torched every game.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your nuts if you think there gonna throw rookies out there to fil all those holes and compete for a Super Bowl.

All those holes? You mean secondary pass rusher and nickel CB. Oh the humanity. 2 roles we'll need rookies to fill in the deepest draft in some time at those positions. Could never happen. NEED that big FA splash

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right, the teamed that paid him, what a bunch of losers they are.:unsure:

You do realize I referenced Bouye right? Or did u not read the post? Or do you think the Jaguars have an undeniable history of success?

bubba

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have an idea. Just load up on offense. Our defense stinks every year any ways. At least it would be exciting.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I know it's too early to speak but let's recap day packers offseason so far...
1. Signed Nick Perry (mixed emotions think he was overpaid and I would have rather lost him and retained Lang, Hyde and cook for sure but happy we have something) and Schum
2. Did not offer Hyde anything
3. Naturally let JC Tretter get a monster contract from a sad team...closer to home
4. Are letting TJ Lang and Eddie Lacey talk to Seattle and Vikings/Lions
5. "Talking" to Jared Cook
6. No reports of them speaking with any one else

So personally for me, I am done with Ted Thompson. If we don't retain Cook, Lacy, and Lang we have to draft 2 starting CBs, a punt returner/nickle CB, a Starting TE, a starting OG and a decent RB. Guess what Ted, that's IMPOSSIBLE

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
All those holes? You mean secondary pass rusher and nickel CB. Oh the humanity. 2 roles we'll need rookies to fill in the deepest draft in some time at those positions. Could never happen. NEED that big FA splash

Nothing has been done at this stage to make me feel the defense will be any better this year.

If TT was serious about getting this team to the Super Bowl he would of released Matthew's clearing cap space and brought in a no.1 corner and another game changer on defense on top of that.

Instead they lost Hyde and didn't do ****. So another year of TT "sitting on his hands" and another year of watching Aaron Rodgers try to overcome playing on a ****** team.

RepStar15

Reaction score
Nothing has been done at this stage to make me feel the defense will be any better this year.

If TT was serious about getting this team to the Super Bowl he would of released Matthew's clearing cap space and brought in a no.1 corner and another game changer on defense on top of that.

Instead they lost Hyde and didn't do ****. So another year of TT "sitting on his hands" and another year of watching Aaron Rodgers try to overcome playing on a ****** team.
I'm sure they could have traded clay Matthews to the browns and we could have gotten a second round pick. They were up for any type of splash they could to stay relevant today

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I really liked Murphy last year, thought he could turn into a player with a year in the weight room and some seasoning and I thought the same thing about Spriggs last season too. People might forget but Sitton and Lang were once 5th round draft picks. Draft them in round 4-7, keep a steady stream of similar prospects moving into the system and some of them will eventually turn into starters. Sitton leaves and Colledge leaves and Lang turns into a better guard. Sitton leaves and surprise surprise Lane Taylor turns out to be a solid player. This Packer fan is inclined to believe that the talent on hand will get the job done. Just draft another OL or two in the mid to late rounds to keep the cupboards stocked.

As for CB we don't really need a true number 1 corner, we can more than get by as long as we can put solid 2's on the field in our top 3 corner spots. Can Randall House and Rollins turn into number caliber corners? Well Id say that Rollins has flashed ability as a plus nickel back, both House and Randall have played at the level of a solid starter in the past. Id say roll with House Randall Rollins and pick up a high draft pick to shore up the position and I think we can more than get by.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Cough 2010 Sam Shields.

RepStar15

Reaction score
Bouye and Gilmore are the most overrated CBS in FA hiding behind monster pass rushing defenses. Neither are worth what they got on teams with no pass rush.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Bouye and Gilmore are the most overrated CBS in FA hiding behind monster pass rushing defenses. Neither are worth what they got on teams with no pass rush.

I really like Gilmore. Thought he got screwed up with the Ryan's a bit. Either would of came in and started day 1 at corner against other teams no.1's. Either would of been an improvement.

I am agreement on pass rush being a key to good secondaries.

Unfortunately we have neither.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like Gilmore. Thought he got screwed up with the Ryan's a bit. Either would of came in and started day 1 at corner against other teams no.1's. Either would of been an improvement.

I am agreement on pass rush being a key to good secondaries.

Unfortunately we have neither.

Nick Perry managed 11 sacks rushing from what isnt even his optimal position, with one hand and a secondary that apart from the safeties couldn't cover themselves with a blanket. That's legit pass rushing.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Nick Perry managed 11 sacks rushing from what isnt even his optimal position, with one hand and a secondary that apart from the safeties couldn't cover themselves with a blanket. That's legit pass rushing.

1 effective guy rushing from the edge isn't good pass rush. Not against the top teams. Perry is a good piece to the equation but we're missing the other components.

You need push up the middle which we don't have and you need multiple guys that can rush from different spots.