Free Agent Signings for Packers or Elsewhere...

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want the Texans to sign Cutler and then see Cutler turn into a Super Bowl winning quarterback. Could you imagine how the Bearssss fans will react? They'll be crying into their umbrella drinks.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not shocked. But you can't let Hyde go and not replace him. This secondary was horrible. He's not Charles Woodson but he's better than Gunter, and Rollins for sure..probably Randle too.

Agreed. Saying the Packers total garbage secondary is horrible, is an understatement, and now it just got worse.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
That's why we're not aggressive in free agency, neither Bouye(one year wonder) or Gilmore(burned a lot last year) earned their big Ks and Hyde was definitely not worth 30 mill.

Then what are our DB's worth?

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol, an hour and 18 minutes into the new league year. Is that a record?

It really is impressive how quickly people are willing to ***** and moan and throw the towel in on the season

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
It really is impressive how quickly people are willing to ***** and moan and throw the towel in on the season

Have you looked at the roster? This team needed some big moves and more then just re-signing Perry.

Maybe the Packers have something in the works but what is the chance of that?

You think there gonna re-load this thing with just the draft?

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw that, but reports that we are still in on Lang would seem to contradict McGinn-- at least in emphasis if not in content.

Could be agent trying to drive price, alot of false information floating around. Time will tell

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have you looked at the roster? This team needed some big moves and more then just re-signing Perry.

If you really thought we were going to be in on Bouye, Gilmore etc then you're doing this to yourself. Was never going to happen. Let the dust settle and we'll re-assess then.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to Bob McGinn, Perry and Cook are the only priorities. Noone else is even remotely on their radar. I think we need to assume Lang isn't back unless it's too cheap to pass up

https://twitter.com/BobMcGinn/status/839958068347752448
I was told that Lang is also on that list as well. This would surprise me as TT has never seemed to put much money into guards. I figured we would sign Tretter and let Lang go for the big bucks. But with Tretter gone already, I'm not sure what else is on the roster. The time is now, I guess for Taylor or Patrick.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will have to find the article and post, but it was kind of a clever deal. Browns basically bought draft picks by assuming the big one year cap hit of Osweiler.
yeah, i wasn't very clear. I don't think the Browns were dumb in what they did, I just don't see how anybody else was going to trade for him. The Browns definitely could held their team by making this move, it's just I don't see another team trying to help themselves by taking on Osweiler as an actual leader of their offense and paying him to do so.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

Does free agency end today?

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
out of curiosity why is everyone on board with letting hyde walk? one of few veteran guys we have on the roster we let go for 6 million a year who can play everywhere? in comparison hayward is making 5 million from his 3/15 contract. im just baffled how you all think hyde was overpaid. please explain if you could......

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yes I've looked at the roster. As for NEEDING big moves this offseason I just disagree.

Offense is fine if they simply resign Cook. Could use another RB. And will need to replace the 2nd most replaceable position on any team at Guard if Lang leaves. So in other words two mid round picks

The Defense can definitely use an influx of talent but let's be real. It's the CB position that's the issue. Every other position group is actually pretty solid. If Randle and Rollins bounce back from their injury laden sophmore slumps, much the same way Adams did, then your really only looking at a CB high in the draft to help fill out the nickel and dime roles or even start if he's good enough right of the gate. Oh look at all those big moves that NEEDED to be made.

Now it's a gamble to bet on bounce back years from Randle and Rollins yes and I'd like for them to hedge their bets and look at 2nd and 3rd tier FA CBs. They could also use another playmaker on defense, regardless of position, too no doubt but it's far from a death blow to the upcoming season if they don't.

To act like it that's the case is just stupid but thank you for proving my point by doing just that.

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Everything I'm seeing indicates that the Packers are still "in" on Lang, Lacy, and Cook. Doesn't mean they'll get all three, but certainly they're not just sitting on their hands and watching them leave.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then what are our DB's worth?

Based on last years performance not sure any of them would find a home save for our safeties. I think the Packers snag Davon House and look to stock the position in the draft, this should be a good draft for CBs. I also expect either Randall or Rollins or both to rebound from last year.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Yes I've looked at the roster. As for NEEDING big moves this offseason I just disagree.

Offense is fine if they simply resign Cook. Could use another RB. And will need to replace the 2nd most replaceable position on any team at Guard if Lang leaves. So in other words two mid round picks

The Defense can definitely use an influx of talent but let's be real. It's the CB position that's the issue. Every other position group is actually pretty solid. If Randle and Rollins bounce back from their injury laden sophmore slumps, much the same way Adams did, then your really only looking at a CB high in the draft to help fill out the nickel and dime roles or even start if he's good enough right of the gate. Oh look at all those big moves that NEEDED to be made.

Now it's a gamble to bet on bounce back years from Randle and Rollins yes and I'd like for them to hedge their bets and look at 2nd and 3rd tier FA CBs. They could also use another playmaker on defense, regardless of position, too no doubt but it's far from a death blow to the upcoming season if they don't.

To act like it that's the case is just stupid but thank you for proving my point by doing just that.

The defense is in a way worse condition then what you think. They ranked dead last against the pass.

If you wanna live in "LA LA Land" over Randle and Rollins bouncing back then great. Randle isn't a no. 1 corner period.

The Pass rush is mediore too and Matthews ranked like 96th last year at OLB. To pay him the kind of money there paying him is just retarded.

Guion can't stay off suspension and he needs to be replaced as well.

Losing both Lang and Tretter hurtz. One injury from the OL being a disaster. Cook has to be re-signed.