Free Agent Signings for Packers or Elsewhere...

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For comparison to Bouye, Gilmore's deal with NE is reportedly 5/65

Also, not a signing but relevant to us in the North and I don't think mentioned yet in this thread, the Lions have cut Deandre Levy

Packers could bring him home to Wisconsin. Packers still don't have enough skill on defense even tho Perry is back. That makes the unit as a whole a D+.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
So far, as usual, the only big news out of GB is the signing of their own free agent (Perry). Not sure why I woke up this morning expecting anything different from TT.....but there are still 8.5 hours left in the day. :coffee:

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Alshon Jeffery turned down a multi-year deal with more security from Vikings :laugh: :tup:

MIN: We want you on a big, long-term deal
AJ: Who's your QB again?
MIN: ...
AJ: Answer the question
MIN: Sam Bra—
AJ: hard pass

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Levy always made that lions defense much better when he was playing. Wonder why he was cut? money? injuries? I know he missed some games lately

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Levy always made that lions defense much better when he was playing. Wonder why he was cut? money? injuries? I know he missed some games lately

He only played in 6 games over the past 2 years, guessing that had a lot to do with it, but didn't save themselves much in cap ($1.025M).

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
see ya, micah
good luck in buffalo :)

browns are shopping osweiller already making some think they're try to stockpile picks for a garopollo trade
we shall see

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
5 years $32.5M max with $14 guaranteed. Too much, no wonder we weren't in on him.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He only played in 6 games over the past 2 years, guessing that had a lot to do with it, but didn't save themselves much in cap ($1.025M).
figured it had to be something like that. that's a lot of games lost. I don't really pay attention to the Lions even though they're in the division. Seems like he was always out or a question mark when we did play them though. For which I was thankful :)

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
browns are shopping osweiller already making some think they're try to stockpile picks for a garopollo trade
we shall see

While it was kind of a clever trade that the Texans and Browns made...Texans clear huge dead salary to a team that is swimming in cap space, I don't see how Cleveland gets rid of Osbaggage, especially since the Bears already signed Glennon :laugh:

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I can't believe anybody would trade for Osweiler. Blows my mind.

Will have to find the article and post, but it was kind of a clever deal. Browns basically bought draft picks by assuming the big one year cap hit of Osweiler.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Unless TT pulls some Rabit out of his *** I think we're headed for a real painful season.

Time to play the "under"

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
5 years $32.5M max with $14 guaranteed. Too much, no wonder we weren't in on him.

That's why we're not aggressive in free agency, neither Bouye(one year wonder) or Gilmore(burned a lot last year) earned their big Ks and Hyde was definitely not worth 30 mill.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would absolutely prefer the Packers to sign an unrestricted free agent cornerback instead of having to give up a first round pick to acquire a veteran.
It depends which first round pick you are talking about.
Damarius Randall = Garbage, I'd rather have a sure thing top ten CB like Butler then another draft and development project that can't find their head which is stuck up their ***.
Aaron Rodgers is NOT getting any younger!

Members online

Latest posts