Breaking Down the NFC North, 2024

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Do you guys think that the NFL will allow Williams to play in a pink mini-skirt or will he have to keep it in the locker-room?

SudsMcBucky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you guys think that the NFL will allow Williams to play in a pink mini-skirt or will he have to keep it in the locker-room?
Not sure about the pink mini-skirt, but I'm quite positive they'll let his mom sit in the front row behind the bench so he can have easy access to cry on her shoulder when things go badly.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. His skirt will have to be the same color as the rest of the players uniforms. Just like the rest of the QBs in the NFL.

Last edited:

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Ok, so here's my question: why 2025? Love was clearly the better player down the stretch just this last season.
Because that's when I think he will hit the elite level. I think he has some more learning to do before he gets there. Goff is where he is at. I don't think his ceiling is any higher than his current play. Goff went to the Super Bowl with the Rams and got close with the Lions. Love has not done that yet. I understand your points though. Love very well could take the leap this next season. I'm okay with that. I'm okay with both scenarios really.

Krabs

Reaction score
If you could trade Kraft and Musgrave for Hockenson right now, straight up, would you do it? I sure wouldn't.
That's actually a tough one. I think Hockenson might be the best TE in the league. He's definitely a top 5. Neither Musgrave or Kraft are at that level. In the same respect, they have a lot of potential and trading two players for one would be tough. I'd probably just stick with what we have. It's temping though.
There's a difference between rating an overall pass defense (which factors pass rush and the coverage ability of safeties/linebackers in addition to corners) and rating the ability of a cornerback group in a vacuum. The Bears' pass defense may not have been outstanding, but Jaylon Johnson, Tyrique Stevenson, and a Kyler Gordon is the best starting trio in the division and among the best in the NFL.
Well, that stats do not show that. That's all I'm saying. Sure, there's a lot of factors why defenses rank where there at. It's still the raw data that they gave up a lot of yards through the air.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
That's actually a tough one. I think Hockenson might be the best TE in the league. He's definitely a top 5. Neither Musgrave or Kraft are at that level. In the same respect, they have a lot of potential and trading two players for one would be tough. I'd probably just stick with what we have. It's temping though.

Well, that stats do not show that. That's all I'm saying. Sure, there's a lot of factors why defenses rank where there at. It's still the raw data that they gave up a lot of yards through the air.

My point was that the stats you cited implicated way more than just the corners.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Because that's when I think he will hit the elite level. I think he has some more learning to do before he gets there. Goff is where he is at. I don't think his ceiling is any higher than his current play. Goff went to the Super Bowl with the Rams and got close with the Lions. Love has not done that yet. I understand your points though. Love very well could take the leap this next season. I'm okay with that. I'm okay with both scenarios really.

But why would Love need a whole year to reach a level that he already reached last season?

Reaction score
In this instance, I'm not sure why the Vikings are in last place. While Smith is aging and declining, he is still a very smart and capable safety. Bynum is better than Darnell Savage was for Green Bay.

As for the Packers, our safeties have zero experience in our system and for the most part at the pro level. I have high expectations but nothing to hang those on except for hope.
I’d have to disagree with this.

Anthony Johnson played admirable in his Rookie season and should be poised to grow at a serviceable backup. We just brought in one of the best FA Safeties in the NFL and reunited him with his Safety Coach from Alabama, who btw lobbied to get him to Alabama and imo..GB.

Then we doubled down by drafting arguably the best Safety in Collegiate ball. Plus backed it up with not 1.. but 2 more draft picks. Using a 4th/6th to trade up to #111 overall because he was on our Top 100 draft board (my opinion). We got a Safety ranked Top 50, Top 100 + the best Safety in 2024 FA. This is the best group we’ve had since Amos/Savage and maybe a smidge better. But the depth we have at Safety after taking 3 this draft + Johnson is the best we’ve had fighting for Roster spots in years.

Last edited:

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not terribly worried. The Bears have been around since 1920 and have never managed to field a dangerous passing offense.
I mean there was that team in 85’-86’ that had a decent passing attack. Would have been nice if our QB hadn’t been attacked by an individual and team with the moral character of Tonya Harding. The Bears defense in the 80’s was feared more than the late 2000 Ravens but you never had to worry Singletary and Co. would walk up behind you and try and end your career or cripple you. They were the Ivan Drago “if he dies he dies but he stepped in the ring”.
It just kills me bc who knows if we could have won 2 or 3. Imagine 2011 second game against Bears and Tank Johnson does what Martin did. He’s lucky I was 6. I’d have jumped out of the stands and phone checked that guy into the ground.

Then to have to watch 30 years of Favre and Rodgers. I’ve been drinking and god I hate your team. Before anyone comes at me with “old news” or “get over it” how bout this……since Jan. 86’ y’all have exactly 1 more title than we do in that timespan….1. 30 years of dominance, 3 QBs vs our 42.7 QBs(the .7 is cause Grossman doesn’t count as a whole adult). We’ll see if we can’t get that tying Super Bowl win.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The real question is how many guys in Green Bay are gonna try and dump their girl and upgrade after seeing my guy Williams in a……you say skirt, I say sache.
Anyways…. Ma Boi is doing just fine.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The real question is how many guys in Green Bay are gonna try and dump their girl and upgrade after seeing my guy Williams in a……you say skirt, I say sache.

Do they share nail polish?

Krabs

Reaction score
But why would Love need a whole year to reach a level that he already reached last season?
Why would you say he reached that level? He had a stellar second half to last season for sure. That doesn't mean it's going to be replicated for an entire season. I think he takes another step this year towards elite and rounds it out in 2025.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Coaching
1. Packers
2. Lions
3. Bears
4. Vikings

Packers LaFluer is one of the top HCs in the NFL. Very proactive and positive. Knowledgeable and well spoken, very offensively minded. His only drawback is bad DC choices, but we hope he figured that out.

OC Stenavich A very creative offense that could be the best in the NFL. Talent development has been impressive and fast. How much is MLF and how much is the OC? No idea.

DC Hafley Whereas the offense is multidimensional, precise in its timing, and deceptive, the defense will be more straight forward and aggressive. From interviews so far, he seems to be MLF clone, except for on defense. I am hearing the same passion, focus, and it remains to be seen if he has the same smarts. Player development on defense has been okay, but should improve. Obviously the jury is still out, but based on his history, testimonies of former players, and interviews, I think he will be very good.

Lions
HC Dan Campbell is a good coach. Probably the best Lions coach in my memory. Not so much the Xs and Os, but has actually instilled a new attitude. Not an easy task. Think he makes some dumb decisions at times and it cost the Lions in the playoff loss.

OC Ben Johnson. Excellent coach. Gets a lot out of Goff than I thought possible. Develops lots of players quickly. Very good game plans and a clever scheme.

DC Aaron Glenn - very good - he isn't fancy, but gets the job done. Player development has been very good. Did excellent job with marginal DBs. Should be much improved with addition of rackstraw and especially Arnold from the draft.

Bears
HC Eberflus still has to prove himself, but he is looking better towards the end of last season. Gameplanning has been questionable. Player development hasn't been adequate.

OC Waldron new to the team. Came from the Seahawks were he did well, but was under Pete Carrol. How much was Pete is uncertain. Bit skeptical on his abilities to scheme, but he did well with what he had in Seattle, especially at QB.

DC Washington I have more confidence in. New hire who was with Buffalo last 4 years and had very good results, and developed talent very well.

Vikings
HC O'Connell - 3rd season, offensive minded. Did an okay job. Didn't appreciate his game planning and player development is still in question. Deserves more time to prove himself.

OC Wes Phillip's- cut and paste O'Connell

DC Flores I have more confidence in him than the HC and OC. Improved the 31st dense to 16th in one season without much change in talent. Comes from Pittsburgh tree and is a smart no-nonsense coach.

Last edited:

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do they share nail polish?
I bet they do. She could paint my nails any day. Caleb’s mom had a nail salon at one point so he grew up around women and men who get manicures. It’s not that odd considering…(god I’m getting old) kids these days.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I bet they do. She could paint my nails any day. Caleb’s mom had a nail salon at one point so he grew up around women and men who get manicures. It’s not that odd considering…(god I’m getting old) kids these days.

Thanks for jumping into the discussion. Good to get feedback from other teams' fans.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for jumping into the discussion. Good to get feedback from other teams' fans.
I love Da Bears and could talk about them all day long. I detest the packers but it’s that all encompassing nemesis that makes it worthwhile.
I know we say this every year……and with every new QB that we pick up off the trash heap or draft….from the trash heap……that this is finally the guy. But this time I really mean it for super serialsss guysss.

No but really I do think there’s something to Caleb. The hype and the drive this kid has match up. He basically had an apartment by himself all thru high school and he never made the news. I’m excited and our whole division should be too.

Reaction score
Why would you say he reached that level? He had a stellar second half to last season for sure. That doesn't mean it's going to be replicated for an entire season. I think he takes another step this year towards elite and rounds it out in 2025.
Not to narrow this to a Love conversion on such a broad topic but

Me thinks what Love needs to show now is the ability to pull out an Elway finish in Postseason. He’s absolutely a very good QB that’s apparent. To be a great you have to carry the team when it matters most. He has the arm. He has the demeanor. For me it’s “does he have the X factor”??
We shall see very soon.

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Da Bears and could talk about them all day long. I detest the packers but it’s that all encompassing nemesis that makes it worthwhile.
I know we say this every year……and with every new QB that we pick up off the trash heap or draft….from the trash heap……that this is finally the guy. But this time I really mean it for super serialsss guysss.

No but really I do think there’s something to Caleb. The hype and the drive this kid has match up. He basically had an apartment by himself all thru high school and he never made the news. I’m excited and our whole division should be too.
This could be the Bears best QB ever. Will he develop? The current staff was making some headway on Fields so maybe they will do better. Caleb is much better than Fields was. Can Caleb be immediately thrown to the wolves? I'm not sure. Saw a few negative things, personality wise, as far as handling adversity. I wish they had him behind a quality vet for at least the start of the season. What do you think?

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What we did to Justin Fields was throwing him to the wolves. What Caleb is getting is basically unheard of for a number one overall quarterback pick.
Eberflus is learning but still suspect in my book. His bad coaching cost us the Detroit game and 2 others so this team could have easily been 10-7.
All b.s. aside……y’all have to recognize this is Caleb’s Bears team and it is “different” this time and I hope everyone looks at the nails and the kinda aloofness and easy going way he has during interviews and underestimates him until it’s too late.

I was dead set in the camp of trade the 1 pick to Wash and then trade the 2 to whoever wants it most and still get MHjr and have more draft capital than you can shake a stick at. Now I’m sold that Caleb was the right choice. The kicker was that Justin missed some open receivers and throws that in my soul….if I’m honest, I know Aaron Rodgers would’ve never missed that throw. We need that kind of quarterback.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score

For you and your fellow Bears fans, you better hope so. You know what, I'll even go one step further... the NFL as a brand should hope so, also. Why? The Packers vs Bears is "supposed" to be the biggest rivalry in the league. In "Name" it is... on "Paper" since 1992, it hasn't lived up to the billing. The Packers have dominated the Bears in that timeframe with a 50-15 record (including one playoff victory). Aside for one streak at the end of Favre's tenure in GB and ARod's first start when the Bears won 7 of 8 games, this rivalry hasn't been much of one. The Packers have had two 10 game winning streaks during those 50 wins, one of those being current. Now I really enjoy that it has been lopsided in our favor, however a piece of me really hates that on "Paper", the Vikings have been our biggest rivalry since 1992, with us holding a 35-29-2 record. For that matter, the Lions have been a more formidable opponent than the Bears, 46-20 record.

With Love and Williams as our teams QB's, this could and should turn the tables to it once again being the biggest NFL rivalry on paper too, not just in name moving forward. That my friend/foe, would be great for the NFL. Hopefully for you and your fellow Bears fans, they don't screw up this gift received from the Panthers, allowing you to draft Williams after a 7-9 season. The future looks bright for both the Packers and Bears, hopefully our hearts will holdout watching the games on Sundays, so we can enjoy the ride.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For you and your fellow Bears fans, you better hope so. You know what, I'll even go one step further... the NFL as a brand should hope so, also. Why? The Packers vs Bears is "supposed" to be the biggest rivalry in the league. In "Name" it is... on "Paper" since 1992, it hasn't lived up to the billing. The Packers have dominated the Bears in that timeframe with a 50-15 record (including one playoff victory). Aside for one streak at the end of Favre's tenure in GB and ARod's first start when the Bears won 7 of 8 games, this rivalry hasn't been much of one. The Packers have had two 10 game winning streaks during those 50 wins, one of those being current. Now I really enjoy that it has been lopsided in our favor, however a piece of me really hates that on "Paper", the Vikings have been our biggest rivalry since 1992, with us holding a 35-29-2 record. For that matter, the Lions have been a more formidable opponent than the Bears, 46-20 record.

With Love and Williams as our teams QB's, this could and should turn the tables to it once again being the biggest NFL rivalry on paper too, not just in name moving forward. That my friend/foe, would be great for the NFL. Hopefully for you and your fellow Bears fans, they don't screw up this gift received from the Panthers, allowing you to draft Williams after a 7-9 season. The future looks bright for both the Packers and Bears, hopefully our hearts will holdout watching the games on Sundays, so we can enjoy the ride.
Oh yeah…I’ve had that talk with the “higher power or cosmic overlord” that oversees creation bc all this is pretty effin sweet and I thank “it… I guess” for everyday I’m here but now that I’ve endured every game since we didn’t take Mahomes or even the “flash”er gordon in Cleveland I want 15 please at least to enjoy this.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

She looks stoned. Hot...but stoned.