Free agenst to pursue

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In looking at available free agents here is who I would pursue and why.
RB Adrian Peterson, Bears. Always did a good job when I saw him play could be a good addition especially if we lose Green. Also burts the Bears.
WR Peter Warrick, Seahawks. I know there will be a lot of naysayers but we need to draft a receiver in first or second round and this guy has ability and could be solid three or four receiver and veteran.
TE Boo Williams, NYG. Was very effective in NO when he signed with Giants and got lost. Has speed and would complement Franks and Lee.
OL Dwayne Carswell, Den. Played in same type of system and we really need some veteran backups, especially at tackle.
OL Eric Steinback, Cin. Could play guard or tackle and give us depth.
DL Vonnie Holiday, Mia. I know, I know, but has always been consistent if not spectacular and I always liked him. Not much else out there we could likely afford.
LB London Fletcher-Baker, Buffalo. Experienced at 32 can play well at all positions and give us experience we don't have to work with young corp.
LB James Darling, AZ. Again, overall decent player that would give veteran depth.
S Ken Hamblin, Seattle. Would make him our priority. Top level safety and still young. We could really use him.
CB Jordan Babineaux, Sea. I believe an up and comer, could provide depth. Not a one on one guy but still good.

In looking at the available free agents there are better but they will want really big bucks and the best are at positions we don't need. I did not select a QB since the only decent ones like Garcia and Huard will be looking for starting job which I believe will be Favre.
We still need to build through the draft with priority being RB, WR and DB plus a young tackle.
Comments please

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we could somehow end up with adrian peterson and ken hamblin that would make me a happy packers fan. I agree with cheesy. warrick has the speed and the skills but he just hasn't been able to put it together.

OP
OP
P

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
paxvogel said:
Warrick would be worth being a third or fourth receiver

We could have gotten for free during the off season and chose not to.

We went for Robinson instead and still had this belief that Ferguson would be our #2. Now we have Driver and Jennings and no deep threat. Still say he is worth a shot.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Robinson wasn't available til the end of August.
Peter Warrick was re-signed with the Seahawks in March.
Warrick was released Sept 2.

We went for the better player. Warrick (mind you i suggested we pick him up during the off season an when he was available again, i was mistaken) just doesn't have what it takes. He's too injury prone from what I've heard about him.

This belief of Ferguson being #2 holds no ground on who they would select. During Pre-season it was obvious who the second best WR was, here's a hint, his name wasn't Robert. Warrick was released during the same time that Jennings was officially named starter.

Koren was signed Sept 12th.
Warrick was available from Sept 2nd to November 13th when the Giants picked him up.
Ferguson was placed on IR October 23rd

Warrick was available when Fergie went down and we passed on him.

On January 4, 2007, the Las Vegas Gladiators of the Arena Football League signed Warrick.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adrian Peterson recently got his contract extended by the Bears, he won't be a FA this offseason.

It was a good move for the Bears.
Not only is he a very good back but he is a killer on special teams.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adrian Peterson is my favorite player on the Bears. I almost got his jersey.

He is probably better than Thomas Jones, given the chance.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
tromadz said:
Adrian Peterson is my favorite player on the Bears. I almost got his jersey.

it would burst into flames if you wore it, not even because you're gay!

ive had many jerseys burst into flames due to my gayness though.

Does that make you a "flaming queen" then?
(Sorry.....just HAD to ask!)LOLOLOL!!! :thumbsup:

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yes, peterson is really good. i think benson is better than Jones (especially in the Bears' system) and i think Peterson has even more potential than Benson. the bears' RB depth is truly sickening.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No offense but I really dont like your list much at all besides Hamlin and the O-line guys for depth. These are people I think we should try and get. In order of want I will try and keep it as realistic as possible.

1.)TE- 1.Eric Johnson, 2.Daniel Graham- As we found out our TE's who were supposed to be a strong area this season flopped. We need help and 1 of these players may be the answer.

2.)SS- 1.Ken Hamlin, 2.Micheal Lewis- Either of these guys are way better then Manuel. Micheal Lewis had a bit of a down year in Philly but is still a good young player that we could use.

3.)WR- 1.Drew Bennet, 2.Kevin Curtis, 3.Dennis Northcutt- We need some help at WR and one of this guys can help fill spots or just make some of our young WR's work hard so there spot isnt just giving to them.

4.) This are more just wishful thinking and are really at the top of my list but I dont think they will happen. 1. Asante Samuel- we are old at CB with our 2 starters there both still very good but the only way I could really see this happening is if Harris doesnt get his money and is traded then we get a younger and very very good CB to take over. 2. Jared Allen he is a very good DE but he is a RFA and with the emerenge of Cullen Jenkins at DE I dont think we need to spend what would most likely be atleast a 1st round pick on Jared even though he is very good and only 25. Another DE that is very possible is Justin Smith and he is someone we can possibly get and add into the rotation to take over for KGB.

Draft
1. RB-Marshawn Lynch
2. TE Or WR (depends on which was addressed less in FA)
3. CB
4. O-Line
5.WR or O-Line or CB

The draft depends on what we have already gotten out of FA. And some of the pickups we will make in FA depends on who we have already signed.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
I'm a little concerned about Marshawn Lynch and his legal crisis. Hopefully it clears up befor the draft.

lol

I find this hardly a laughing matter.
Lynch accused of domestic violence
TIMES WIRE SERVICES

A former girlfriend is accusing former Cal star running back Marshawn Lynch of domestic violence and ****** assault.

KCBS radio has learned the Alameda County District Attorney is reviewing the woman's claims following an Oakland police investigation.

Lynch's attorney Gerry Schwartzbach denies the allegations.

KCBS has confirmed the woman was granted a restraining order against Lynch on Friday morning. Schwartzbach says Lynch was unaware of the court hearing and did not attend.

In her complaint, the woman alleges Lynch choked, slapped and sexually assaulted her in Oakland the night of Dec. 13. She filed the civil complaint on Dec. 19, according to court documents obtained by KCBS.

Shwartzbach says Lynch was at the woman's home with a friend that night, but denies that any violence or ****** assault took place. He says Lynch was questioned by police and is co-operating with investigators.

Oakland police declined to comment, as did the deputy district attorney handling the case.

Lynch, the Pac-10 offensive player of the year and a first team All-American as a junior last season, left school early to enter the NFL draft. He is considered a likely first-round draft choice. His last game for Cal was the Holiday Bowl victory over Texas A&M on Dec. 28. He attended Oakland Tech High School.

FOOTBALL

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the above article posted by Zero will be an issue much with Lynch. Hasn't made that much buzz in his draft stock at least yet.

As for the topic...

1. Justin Smith, DE, Cincinnati - Hard worker and has a great motor. Gives it all on every play. Could thrive with Kampman on the other side.

2. Daniel Graham, TE, New England - Comes from a winning system. Great hands and can open our passing game up. Also a solid blocker. Complete package.

3. Nick Harper, CB, Indianapolis - Might warrant more money than expected because he's starting to make to much noise in the Playoffs. Would be a great nickel back and good insurance policy if Harris spouts off. Will come cheaper than Samuel or Clements.

4. Patrick Crayton, WR, Dallas Cowboys - Hasn't received an extension yet. I think he's a restricted free agent though so we'll see what happens with him in Big D.

Those are my 4 free agent wish lists.

In the Draft I'd like to see Thompson acquire 4 picks on Day 1 and draft

Round 1 - RB Marshawn Lynch (is the guy I want now because he'd be a great fit for our offense)

Round 2 - TE Very possible that Zach Miller or Greg Olsen falls to us

I'd like to see us with either two 3rd round picks or three 3rd round picks.

None the less I want a receiver with one.

Round 3 - WR Paul Williams Fresno State (Is a great deep threat. Inconsistent but goes up and gets the ball)

Round 3 - SS Aaron Rouse Virginia Tech (Big physical guy who is does a good job at finding the ball)

That would be my off season wish list. Obviously it won't happen but I'd like to see some of the names mentioned brought into Green Bay.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We ARE NOT losing Green. WE dont need a RB we have AHMAN GREEN. HELLO PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Green is a unrestricted free agent. He's in his 30's. He's not going to be here much longer whether he's back next year. At most I read that GB wants him back for a 2 year deal but they are still going to pursue his eventual replacement. Green also is wearing down. His numbers have dropped every year. A younger back would be huge for Green as they can split time. Even the two Super Bowl teams have 2 quality backs on their teams. As did the Saints, and Patriots whom played them in the respective conferences. A young RB is one of the most pressing needs for the Packers right now whether Green is a fan favorite or not.