Free agenst to pursue

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packerfan1245 said:
We ARE NOT losing Green. WE dont need a RB we have AHMAN GREEN. HELLO PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Green is a unrestricted free agent. He's in his 30's. He's not going to be here much longer whether he's back next year. At most I read that GB wants him back for a 2 year deal but they are still going to pursue his eventual replacement. Green also is wearing down. His numbers have dropped every year. A younger back would be huge for Green as they can split time. Even the two Super Bowl teams have 2 quality backs on their teams. As did the Saints, and Patriots whom played them in the respective conferences. A young RB is one of the most pressing needs for the Packers right now whether Green is a fan favorite or not.

It is time to look to who the next guy will be. Other teams have brought that solid rookie in to split time with the vet and both players benefited greatly. Especially important for Green with his breathing concerns and stamina issues.

Having said that I do not think TT will shove a running back down the first rounds throat. In other words, he will take the best guy available, worthy of a mid first round pick first.

The popular choice is going to be RB or WR because why? We need them that's why. DO NOT DRAFT FOR NEED. Remember?

There will be a lot of football players on the board when we make that first pick. We limit that pick to a RB or a WR and we may just pass on a GREAT player far more worthy of that 16th pick.

That's why I don't like post draft "grades". They tend to grade teams on how well they "filled needs" and is also why down the road teams with lousy grades from a draft actually ended up with some great players.

This is also why some teams routinely blow their first pick(including us in the past). They NEED a position filled so badly they overlook the shortcomings of those on on the short list at that position. Big mistake.

Keep track of the BIG picture, stay up with the BIG board, end up with a BIG player. Forget what position the guy plays.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is also why some teams routinely blow their first pick(including us in the past). They NEED a position filled so badly they overlook the shortcomings of those on on the short list at that position. Big mistake.

Who is Mario Williams?

Correct, for $1400

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about Ashley Lelie? He voided the final year of his contract with Atlanta so he can become a free agent. The one year that he actually started all 16 games with Denver, he had 1084 yards and 7 TDS. He is still relatively young (26) and a former 1st rounder that just never got things together with Vick throwing to him last year. Of course, the "experts" say he drops the ball a lot but, if every WR on the team is dropping everything thrown to them, it may be the QB's fault more then the receivers.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about Ashley Lelie? He voided the final year of his contract with Atlanta so he can become a free agent. The one year that he actually started all 16 games with Denver, he had 1084 yards and 7 TDS. He is still relatively young (26) and a former 1st rounder that just never got things together with Vick throwing to him last year. Of course, the "experts" say he drops the ball a lot but, if every WR on the team is dropping everything thrown to them, it may be the QB's fault more then the receivers.

I think he's an intriguing player. I liked him more than Walker in college and he can stretch field. I would say if he comes for a reasonable price he'd be a nice pickup for us. I think part of his problems come from being in a running system and not having a good QB throwing him the ball. Plummer and Vick being them. With Favre he could put up solid numbers.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys, Ashley Lelie isn't good. He's had a variety of QBs throw him the ball and he's played in 2 different offenses, and he still hasn't gotten it together. If he's very cheap and very available, then bring him in, I don't care. However, if we pay any significant amount of money for the guy or give him a contract with any real length, I'm not going to be happy.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys, Ashley Lelie isn't good. He's had a variety of QBs throw him the ball and he's played in 2 different offenses, and he still hasn't gotten it together. If he's very cheap and very available, then bring him in, I don't care. However, if we pay any significant amount of money for the guy or give him a contract with any real length, I'm not going to be happy.

Yeah I don't know why people think he's good.

His attitude sucks as well.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
NO CHARGES FOR LYNCH

Agent Doug Hendrickson of Octagon, who represents former Cal running back Marshawn Lynch, tells us that the Alameda County district attorney will not be pursuing charges against Lynch arising from allegations that Lynch sexually assaulted a woman in Oakland on December 13, 2006.

Last week, a judge entered a restraining order against Lynch at the woman's request. But that decision is irrelevant to the question of whether he will face any type of prosecution for the alleged misdeeds. Per the prosecuting attorney for the county in which the action allegedly occurred, no charges will be filed, which means that the case is closed.

Of course, this doesn't prevent the woman in question from filing a civil suit against Lynch, if she so chooses. The standard of proof is significantly lower in civil proceedings, where any liability would be addressed via an award of money damages.

Lynch is regarded as one of the top running backs in the draft, and likely will be taken in the first round.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackFanInSC said:

I think he's an intriguing player. I liked him more than Walker in college and he can stretch field. I would say if he comes for a reasonable price he'd be a nice pickup for us. I think part of his problems come from being in a running system and not having a good QB throwing him the ball. Plummer and Vick being them. With Favre he could put up solid numbers.

His contract with Atlanta was $575,000 a year.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the original list, Hamlin is the only guy that interests me. The problem with most of the others is that they will be looking for a starting position, and that's not likely to happen at LB, CB, or OL. At TE, Daniel Graham, who was mentioned later, is an interesting prospect. I'm not crazy about any of the WR's because they look like mostly 3's and 4's. I think the Pack needs a guy who can be a starter or a very good 3, and they will probably need to get one in the draft.

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packerfan1245 said:
We ARE NOT losing Green. WE dont need a RB we have AHMAN GREEN. HELLO PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Green is a unrestricted free agent. He's in his 30's. He's not going to be here much longer whether he's back next year. At most I read that GB wants him back for a 2 year deal but they are still going to pursue his eventual replacement. Green also is wearing down. His numbers have dropped every year. A younger back would be huge for Green as they can split time. Even the two Super Bowl teams have 2 quality backs on their teams. As did the Saints, and Patriots whom played them in the respective conferences. A young RB is one of the most pressing needs for the Packers right now whether Green is a fan favorite or not.

Green is my favorite. So what? He had over 1000 rushing yards again. And this time he isn't coming back from injury. If you don't want Green back youd be foolish. Maybe vikings or bears fans don't want him back to GB.........

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
packerfan1245 said:

It is time to look to who the next guy will be. Other teams have brought that solid rookie in to split time with the vet and both players benefited greatly. Especially important for Green with his breathing concerns and stamina issues.

Having said that I do not think TT will shove a running back down the first rounds throat. In other words, he will take the best guy available, worthy of a mid first round pick first.

The popular choice is going to be RB or WR because why? We need them that's why. DO NOT DRAFT FOR NEED. Remember?

There will be a lot of football players on the board when we make that first pick. We limit that pick to a RB or a WR and we may just pass on a GREAT player far more worthy of that 16th pick.

That's why I don't like post draft "grades". They tend to grade teams on how well they "filled needs" and is also why down the road teams with lousy grades from a draft actually ended up with some great players.

Keep track of the BIG picture, stay up with the BIG board, end up with a BIG player. Forget what position the guy plays.

Marshawn Lynch at #16 is going to be one of the best players on the board. I can't tell you whet Ted Thompson's board is going to look like but I can say Lynch has great value at #16 and he fits the zone blocking scheme as well.

Green is my favorite. So what? He had over 1000 rushing yards again. And this time he isn't coming back from injury. If you don't want Green back youd be foolish. Maybe vikings or bears fans don't want him back to GB........

1000 yards is not that telling of a statistic no more. Over 20 RB ran over 1000 yards this year. I am not saying get rid of Green but I think he'd extend his career by splitting time with someone else and a 2-RB system would benefit the Packers offense. Like I said Green is not the long term solution and with a young QB eventually in the future, you'll need to find a running game for the future as well.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
yes, peterson is really good. i think benson is better than Jones (especially in the Bears' system) and i think Peterson has even more potential than Benson. the bears' RB depth is truly sickening.

They really did not need Benson. They gave away Anthony Thomas and they should have drafted a WR like Braylon Edwards instead.

Members online

Latest posts