Franklins neck

Pack-12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Suit yourself. It doesn't matter now.
you said there was a sufficient sample to judge he runs like Brandon Jackson. In that case it should be fairly easy for you to make a convincing argument that he runs like Jackson so lets hear it.

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to NFL.com Between 07 and 10 Jackson averaged mostly in the mid 3 yards per carry. His best year was 2008 where he averaged 5.5 yards. Franklin averaged 5.6 yards per carry last year.
Jackson did hold onto it better though.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was my thinking before he got hurt, so "less sucking" is not an issue for me on a team level.

So, maybe he'll get an intern job in the LA mayor's office, get his masters degree, work his way up the bureaucracy, eventually win a city council seat, then maybe the state senate seat, and then achieve his dream of becoming mayor.
I say this without irony: if that's what he wants, he's getting a 5-10 year head start in pursuing his dream.
Yeah, like I said. That's a really small sample size to go off of. Cinci game he was awesome, fumble aside. Ever issue you've brought up with him as to why you didn't think he was good is a common rookie issue that is fix/coch -able.

I agree about that last bit.

H

HardRightEdge

you said there was a sufficient sample to judge he runs like Brandon Jackson. In that case it should be fairly easy for you to make a convincing argument that he runs like Jackson so lets hear it.
He doesn't run like anybody now.

H

HardRightEdge

I am trying to figure out if you acting like a ******* shaped piece of mixed flour, water and yeast was your intention in this thread or if it just comes naturally.
Why can't it be both?

Seems to me, though, I'm the only one who wished him well in his pursuit of a political career.

And lets not mince words. Unless one has a personal relationship with the guy, he'll be a quickly forgotten footnote in the annals of Packerdom. Nicey-nice sentiments from strangers don't have a shelf life past next Monday.

Last edited by a moderator:

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why can't it be both?

Seems to me, though, I'm the only one who wished him well in his pursuit of a political career.

And lets not mince words. Unless one has a personal relationship with the guy, he'll be a quickly forgotten footnote in the annals of Packerdom. Nicey nice sentiments from strangers don't have a shelf life past next Monday.
Pretty sure I said I echoed your sentiments along the life after football line.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
We as Packer fans myself included are taking this harder than he is it seems like. He will be successful in whatever he does

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By all appearances Franklin is a class act. What is amazing to me is that the Packers gave no indication that he would be out of football this year, let alone forever. I suppose Franklin knew it, but why no information to the public? Why the secrecy? It doesn't reflect well on the medical staff if they've known for months that a player is finished but the organization makes no announcement.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

In retrospect, the Starks resigning probably should have tipped us off but it might have signaled a lack of confidence in Harris at that point...

Whatever the case, I'm just disappointed for Franklin. From what I can gather, he's a great person and I wish him luck with all of his endeavors.

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another player lost to another neck injury.

Its like a broken record..

There following Packers who had serious neck injuries since 1962 that ended their NFL careers:

LB Nelson Toburen Linebacker 1961-1962
CB Tim Lewis 1983-1986
WE Sterling Sharpe- 1988-1994
S Gary Berry 2000
WR Terrance Murphy 2005
G Paul Palmer 2006
DL Jeremy Thompson 2008
S Nick Collins 2005-2011

and now Johnathon Franklin (2013-2014)

the NFL careers of TE Jermichael Finley (2008-2013) and DT Johnny Jolly (2006-2009-2013 are in jeopardy, pending medical test on their necks.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is a question:

Do we bring in a RB now? I wonder if they were going to keep 4 RBs anyway assuming this neck injury to Franklin never happened?

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is a question:

Do we bring in a RB now? I wonder if they were going to keep 4 RBs anyway assuming this neck injury to Franklin never happened?

Packer have 5 RBs on their roster.

Rajion Neal
DuJuan Harris
Eddie Lacy .
James Starks
LaDarius Perkins

Last edited:

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know it's only OTA's, but from what I've seen Rajion Neal may have a future in the NFL. I think
he is a longshot to make the active roster, but I wouldn't be surprised if he makes the practice squad.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Why can't it be both?

And lets not mince words. Unless one has a personal relationship with the guy, he'll be a quickly forgotten footnote in the annals of Packerdom. Nicey-nice sentiments from strangers don't have a shelf life past next Monday.
I'm sorry, who were we talking about?

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually u are incorrect. I to said he would be successful in a political career

Members online

Latest posts