For Steel, P@CK66 and the other Doomsayers....

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will concede this to 66 with regard to the eternal Favre/Sherman debate.

This coaching staff appears to be too much in awe of Favre to lay into him when he needs, and provide direction during games. Too often he is left with a stack of Polaroids to mull through by himself on the end of the bench with little to no input from coaches. Personally, I think Darrell Bevell has a huge future as a coach in this league, but perhaps at this juncture of his career, Favre still needs somebody with more substantial experience to bust his chops when he does something ridiculous.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
one more thing...predictability was brought up. For the past few years the Packers have run that U-71(?) play w/ Barry in. Until last season, when the Pack started throwing in some wrinkles (i.e. counters), once the ref announced that Barry was coming in, everyone in the stadium knew EXACTLY what was going to happen...a pitch to Barry's side of the line. In spite of the predictability, that was one of the bread and butter plays that led to Ahman's 1800 yard season.

I'm not going to debate whether or not the vikes knew EVERY play the Packers called, but lets even say that were the case, yes, that can be a problem, but my point is that execution by the players on the field is what ultimately matters most.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
I will concede this to 66 with regard to the eternal Favre/Sherman debate.

This coaching staff appears to be too much in awe of Favre to lay into him when he needs, and provide direction during games. Too often he is left with a stack of Polaroids to mull through by himself on the end of the bench with little to no input from coaches. Personally, I think Darrell Bevell has a huge future as a coach in this league, but perhaps at this juncture of his career, Favre still needs somebody with more substantial experience to bust his chops when he does something ridiculous.

I agree digs! Holmgren was never afraid to get up in his face after some bonehead play...yeah he's great, future HOF, etc, but that doesn't mean he's stopped making mistakes.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Darrell Bevell has a huge future as a coach in this league, but perhaps at this juncture of his career, Favre still needs somebody with more substantial experience to bust his chops when he does something ridiculous.
Good point.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
The first exhibition game hasn't been played.

Even if they lose, it's only the pre-season.

If the team looks bad after the fourth pre-season game, it's still only the exhibition season.

Why is every game like the Super Bowl to some?

The Packers are trying to find the right combo after signficant losses on both offense and defense.

Relax.

The preseason has a lot of meaning to me. It is the barometer of the season to come, testing out the new kids. remember, tim couch last year, he did not work out, now he is done.

OP
OP
A

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:
Bobby boy, if you are measuring Packer success by them winning the NFC North, you must be some loser.

Hey *******,

I would take this to the smack section, if not for the fact you fired more than the first volley of shots in this forum with the admin doing very little to muzzle you. Now, let's have a look at your idiocy once and for all:

Steel Wheels said:
Over the past 3 seasons the NFC North has been the worst division in the NFL. The Packers have earned their title by beating teams in the division with a combined 53-91 record over the 3 years.

Now I understand you have the intelligence of a troglodyte, so I will attempt to dumb this down for even you to understand. You have stated ad nauseum that the NFC North is the "weakest" division in the NFL and that is the only reason Green Bay has won three consecutive division titles.

Makes sense, if not for one glaring oversight:

If the NFC North is the weakest division in the NFL, why is it that the Queens managed to get into the playoffs as a wildcard last year? Would it not follow that the second place team in such a weak division could never be capable of beating out the second place team of much stronger divisions such as the NFC East or South?

Unless of course, the NFC North is not the weakest division in the NFL.

Of course, the fact I just illustrated WHY the NFC North is not the weakest division in the NFC also proves one other point most of us are aware of:

You are full of ****.

In other words, either list the teams that made the wildcards from the NFC East and South last season or do us all a favour and ****.

This is the part where you launch into a tirade about how the NFC East and South had much harder schedules, more injuries and whatever other ******** you can come up with to try to convince the rest of us you are really not a semi-retarded slug with the cognitive skills of a pineapple.

Ryan: I apologize for flaming Steel outside the Smack area, but he has had it coming for quite some time.

GO PACK!

Robert C. Hedley

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree!

Ryan, Why is Steal wheels allowed to post on this forunm with this type of trolling?

Should his posts not be in the smack area?

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know, in this thread steel wasn't so bad. If anyone is getting a little smackish it would be p@ck and anubis.

Steel Wheels said:
Bobby boy, if you are measuring Packer success by them winning the NFC North, you must be some loser.
That was pretty tame for some things that he says.

Anubis seems to have gotten a little fed up though with the post two above this one.

You know I'm not really sure what to do about this "problem". Steel has the right to his opinion but at the same time if you just constantly rag on the Pack, coaches etc, then that's no different than flamming or trolling. I don't know how someone that claims to support a team can just talk crap about it in every post.

OP
OP
A

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
You know, in this thread steel wasn't so bad. If anyone is getting a little smackish it would be p@ck and anubis.

Ryan,

Again I apologize if I am out of line. To be perfectly honest, I find Steel's constant ranting a source of amusement, and agree 100% that he is entitled to his opinion and to post such on this board.

However, I draw the line at personal attacks on other forum members that do not share his opinion. That was what instigated my post above.

If Steel, P@ck66 or whoever else hates Sherman and the Packers organization so much they feel the need to post such ad nauseum on this forum, I really don't have a problem with it. However, when one does such and then insults others who do not agree with them, it is no more that garden variety trolling and should at the very least be taken to the smack forum.

I will refrain from making further such posts outside the smack forum in the future. It was never my intent to set fire to the board.

GO PACK!

Robert C. Hedley

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis

I think, and am glad that you fight for what you believe in. Don't EVER apologize for voicing YOUR opinion.

It should be those who insult, vulgarize, namecall who should apologize and their posts should be moved to another board.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
Anubis

I think, and am glad that you fight for what you believe in. Don't EVER apologize for voicing YOUR opinion.

It should be those who insult, vulgarize, namecall who should apologize and their posts should be moved to another board.

AND make statements that YOU don't particularly agree with...Packmast.....i mean, OB1....isn't that true?

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:

Steel Wheels said:

Anubis seems to have gotten a little fed up though with the post two above this one.

You know I'm not really sure what to do about this "problem". Steel has the right to his opinion but at the same time if you just constantly rag on the Pack, coaches etc, then that's no different than flamming or trolling. I don't know how someone that claims to support a team can just talk crap about it in every post.

Hey Ryan, back up the bus...how am I flaming or trolling this forum by telling the truth about the Packers situation?

Go back and read my post "Get your excuses ready for the 2005 season" and tell me what facts are not true in that post.

The Packer organization has made a mistake in hiring Mike Sherman and the Packers are now paying the price. If these guy's want to kiss Sherman's *** post after post and pretend that everything in Green Bay if fine and dandy then I have the right to my rebuttal posts.

I never attack anyone with my posts, I just post facts and add my opinions but these guy's love to come back with sarcastic insults because they have no answers. All they have to do is say they disagree and state why.

I have predicted 9-7 (plus or minus 1) for the past 2 seasons and I was right both seasons so I guess that ****** them off. I have also said the Packers will never win a NFC Championship while Mike Sherman is HC in Green Bay. That still stands along with my prediction of 8-8 (plus or minus 1) for the 2005 season.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Ryan, back up the bus...how am I flaming or trolling this forum by telling the truth about the Packers situation?
Point taken. I am not saying "drink the kool-aid" or whatever lame clich

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
steelwheels...I too don't see what you've done that's so bad. You don't attack others, and you're just as persistent in voicing your opinion of MS as I, or others, are in support of MS, or questioning Brett's playoff performances.

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
steelwheels...I too don't see what you've done that's so bad. You don't attack others, and you're just as persistent in voicing your opinion of MS as I, or others, are in support of MS, or questioning Brett's playoff performances.

Thank you for your support and I am glad Ryan saw my point.

BTW, I think you are totally wrong in questioning Brett Favres playoff performances because you are not looking at the total picture.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Brett's great and all that, but in my opinion, he's been as much to blame as anyone for some of those playoff losses. Vs. Philly, he blew it in OT, but it never should have come down to that. On the other hand, in games like the Rams and ATL, he was putting the team behind the 8-ball, IMO.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:
Ryan said:

[quote="Steel Wheels":3anby98t]Bobby boy, if you are measuring Packer success by them winning the NFC North, you must be some loser.

Go back and read my post "Get your excuses ready for the 2005 season" and tell me what facts are not true in that post.

The Packer organization has made a mistake in hiring Mike Sherman and the Packers are now paying the price. If these guy's want to kiss Sherman's *** post after post and pretend that everything in Green Bay if fine and dandy then I have the right to my rebuttal posts.

I never attack anyone with my posts, I just post facts and add my opinions but these guy's love to come back with sarcastic insults because they have no answers. All they have to do is say they disagree and state why.

I have predicted 9-7 (plus or minus 1) for the past 2 seasons and I was right both seasons so I guess that ****** them off. I have also said the Packers will never win a NFC Championship while Mike Sherman is HC in Green Bay. That still stands along with my prediction of 8-8 (plus or minus 1) for the 2005 season.[/quote:3anby98t]

When you call some one BRUCEY Boy... That is an insult. It CAN at least be taken as one.

When you write "_____ has a long nose with a brown tip..." That is definitely an insult.

When you write " You definitely don't know **** about football" That is also an insult. And an attack.

Should I go ON?

OP
OP
A

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:

What a crock.

Hey Steel, maybe your command of english gammar isn't the greatest, but calling someone a "loser", "brownnoser" or "slow" is an attack. Personally, I have no issue with your opinions, but I do have a problem with your constant trolling on this board. Posting your opinion about Sherman, Favre or the rest of the Packers is what this forum is for. However, telling people they don't kow sh*t about football who do not agree with you is what most people consider trolling, and will result in further responses like the one made above.

Are you getting the picture yet?

BTW: Would you like to tell us again how the Pack had no hope in the preseason, regular season or otherwise and then explain how they managed to beat San Diego tonight?

I won't hold my breath waiting for an answer.

GO PACK!

Robert C. Hedley

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
TOPackerFan said:
So the regular season winning record is Favre's but the playoff losing record is Sherman's? I'm just trying to straighten out what you were saying.

I dunno why it reminded me of this but did you know that Sherman is the one who called the defensive play on the infamous 4th and 26 against the Eagles? if memory serves me correct Ed wanted to blitz but before it was called in sherman changed it

correct.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
However, when one does such and then insults others who do not agree with them, it is no more that garden variety trolling and should at the very least be taken to the smack forum.
True. Myself and the mods will have to do a better job on everyone that wants to break out personal attacks in this area. Sorry everyone.

Members online

Latest posts