Flynn signed

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Realistically Flynn only has 3 starts, (Detroit, NE, and one in Oakland) and Scott has one (almost 2 if you think about it)
I honestly have no idea what it's going to take to win without Rodgers.
So I think that different things should be tried.
Flynn is the back up with more experience.
I was thinking of the Bears. Their back up has more experience and wins the game.
Ours doesn't and loses.
Yeah, apples to oranges probably but at this point I think someone with more NFL starting experience could win the game for us.
That or don't count on a running game when they get nowhere.
I dunno why a fan sitting at home can see where the running fails but the passing is better and the coach keeps on running the ball against a d-fence that knows how to stop the run.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I honestly have no idea what it's going to take to win without Rodgers.
So I think that different things should be tried.
Flynn is the back up with more experience.
I was thinking of the Bears. Their back up has more experience and wins the game.
Ours doesn't and loses.
Yeah, apples to oranges probably but at this point I think someone with more NFL starting experience could win the game for us.
That or don't count on a running game when they get nowhere.
I dunno why a fan sitting at home can see where the running fails but the passing is better and the coach keeps on running the ball against a d-fence that knows how to stop the run.

Sometimes they run the ball out of a certain set to set up a play that they want to use later on..

Maybe Scott cant recognize the play wont work with the defense they are showing..

These are one of those statements that I would love to think the coach knows more than us and knows what he is doing..

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sometimes they run the ball out of a certain set to set up a play that they want to use later on..

Maybe Scott cant recognize the play wont work with the defense they are showing..

These are one of those statements that I would love to think the coach knows more than us and knows what he is doing..
I can agree with that.

We have no clue what the coaches/players are thinking.
All we can do is provide our opinions and observations, frustrations, hopes and joys as fans.
That's what this forum is really all about. Right?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defenses haven't been respecting our passing offense, loading the box and stuffing the run. Don't get me wrong, I think that Tolzien could be a good backup but he's not picking it up quick enough yet. He's not checking out of bad formations, not seeing the blitz, not hitting the hot reads, and most importantly, not moving the chains enough or scoring points.

He may have lost his wind when JPP got his pick six, but that was the only wind of the day and it wasn't much. Assuming there is only one game left until Rodgers returns, I don't see value in starting Tolzien over Flynn. We see what Tolzien has now. The Packers need a win in the division. Flynn can't be much worse than Tolzien's 3 INTs but has shown upside with our offense in the past.

Normally I'm not a jumpy guy, wanting to switch when things don't work. However, I don't see a downside to trying a different route for the short term.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts