Flynn haters are quiet..

H

HardRightEdge

Teams occasionally make mistakes in judgment.
Flynn had 4 years in our scheme, obviously (IF YOU USE YOUR EYES), he had a good grasp of our offense.
Perhaps he didn't get time in Buffalo or Oakland.

Uh, yeah Frank, I already made that point...twice. Or was it three times? More reading, less screaming might be in order.

Anyone who was certain Flynn's problems during his journey from team to team was only scheme related was guessing. Thorny problems are often thorny because there is more than one cause.

I see you've progressed from Buffalo and Oakland being jokes to "teams occasionally make mistakes in judgment". Or does that only apply to Seattle?

Combing through 20 years of history to find two anecdotal examples tends to argue against your point, not in favor of it. Why not include Warren Moon coming out of Canada while you're at it...then you can have one per decade! How about the untold number of jobbers and mediocrities that roam from team to team with no change in status? The Brees, Warner and Moon examples are so isolated there is no point in attributing "scheme change" as the cause...they're exceptions that prove the rule.

Besides, putting Flynn anywhere in the same building with those 3 names, let alone the same post, is overbaked.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uh, yeah Frank, I already made that point...twice. Or was it three times? More reading, less screaming might be in order.

Anyone who was certain Flynn's problems during his journey from team to team was only scheme related was guessing. Thorny problems are often thorny because there is more than one cause.

I see you've progressed from Buffalo and Oakland being jokes to "teams occasionally make mistakes in judgment". Or does that only apply to Seattle?

Combing through 20 years of history to find two anecdotal examples tends to argue against your point, not in favor of it. Why not include Warren Moon coming out of Canada while you're at it...then you can have one per decade! How about the untold number of jobbers and mediocrities that roam from team to team with no change in status? The Brees, Warner and Moon examples are so isolated there is no point in attributing "scheme change" as the cause...they're exceptions that prove the rule.

Besides, putting Flynn anywhere in the same building with those 3 names, let alone the same post, is overbaked.
All that spin and deflection aside, let's make this simple here, go out on a limb and state your opinion:

• A) Mistake to have brought Flynn back here, or
  • B) Mistake not to have done it 7 weeks sooner, or even on November 4th (the night Rodgers was hurt)?

Which is it?
Easy format, A or B.

Interesting historical piece here, from less than 3 years ago.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
All that spin and deflection aside, let's make this simple here, go out on a limb and state your opinion:

• B) Mistake not to have done it 7 weeks sooner, or even on November 4th (the night Rodgers was hurt)?
Which is it?
Easy format, A or B.

Can I ask a question?

I already mentioned it, in another post but I would like to find out from you how you feel.

Reggie McKenzie is GM of Raiders...He was in GB when Flynn was drafted and watched Flynn play..

Fast forward to this year when he traded for Flynn...He then saw issues with him and Flynn fell to 3rd string..Then for what ever reason they cut Flynn..and have to pay him 6.5 million to boot? Why in the hell would they do that??

Oct 7th is when they cut him

You, or @rodell330 or who ever, can you guys answer this?

Is it possible that when the Raiders cut Flynn, Ted or MM called Reggie and said....Hey, what's up with Flynn??? Reggie tells them what is going on, and the Packers didnt like what Reggie told them, so they didnt call Flynn?

Is that possible, Mike or Ted got word from Reggie and they stayed away? But the injury to Rodgers forced them

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can I ask a question?

Is it possible that when the Raiders cut Flynn, Ted or MM called Reggie and said....Hey, what's up with Flynn??? Reggie tells them what is going on, and the Packers didnt like what Reggie told them, so they didnt call Flynn?

Is that possible, Mike or Ted got word from Reggie and they stayed away? But the injury to Rodgers forced them
The Packers have ties in Miami with Philbin, in Seattle with Schneider, and in Oakland with McKenzie.
Sure Teddy could have called and talked to Reggie. He might have.

All this talk about some arm or elbow injury to Flynn, I just don't buy it. He himself always said there was nothing wrong. He didn't use that as an excuse.
He just didn't perform, for whatever reason.

And I propose that was because the team offenses suck basically.

Anyone see how well Carson Palmer is doing in Arizona right now?
He was in Oakland last year and they (McKenzie in charge) were ECSTATIC to get rid of him.
Arizona, 7-4 right now, is benefiting from that.

The QB position is tricky, very tricky to judge.
It takes time.
It's a ton of moving pieces on offense, from the receivers running the routes perfectly, and catching it, to the pass protection, and then the playcall. It takes time, and good luck sometime.

My bottom line point is this: Many of you fans, and national media, called for the Packers to bring in Flynn immediately when Arod went down. And a few, when Oakland released him a month prior to that.
Fast forward 4 losses (3 and a tie) to now, and it's apparent that it was a mistake to wait so long..... not there's no wiggle room.... now if we can't outscore the Lions in Detroit, we're basically 2 games back with only 4 to play.
And below the Bears by a game and a half as well.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Can I ask a question?

I already mentioned it, in another post but I would like to find out from you how you feel.

Reggie McKenzie is GM of Raiders...He was in GB when Flynn was drafted and watched Flynn play..

Fast forward to this year when he traded for Flynn...He then saw issues with him and Flynn fell to 3rd string..Then for what ever reason they cut Flynn..and have to pay him 6.5 million to boot? Why in the hell would they do that??

Oct 7th is when they cut him

You, or @rodell330 or who ever, can you guys answer this?

It is also HIGHLY possible that the Raiders are BONE HEADS !!! They have been notorious for making bone head moves over the past 20 years or so. They drafted darius hayward bay because he could run a 4.1 40 yard dash, but had hands of stone and the brain of a circus chimp, the dude can't manage even simple routes. They over pay people, that is just what they do and they are good at what they do. If there is any team that needs a lesson in drafting, it is the Raiders.....they also need a lesson in trading, they suck at that too.

Not saying what you said isnt correct, as it very well could be, but NONE of us know any facts of that matter. But the FACT that the Raiders are just an organization of free spending idiots is indeed a well know fact.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Lol oh Lord..why so serious man? we are talking football and simply stating our thoughts and feeling's haha relax. I can tell you that if i ran the Packers front office we would still have Charles Woodson, there would've been a solid backup at qb, Capers would be gone and we would be plaing a 4-3 defense, Newhouse would be unemployed, Brad Jones would be making league minimum, I could go on forever. Anyways, i wouldn't be as bad as you think i would be buddy..trust me. I've been around the game all 27 yr's of my life and i wouldn't treat the roster or front office like i was playing Madden.
I rated this "funny" - you meant it to be funny, right?

How long has Thompson been "around the league"? He also played "in the league", did you? He also trained for years under a great GM, did you? You may not have meant that post as a joke but it is one. It does explain some of your other posts, though.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I rated this "funny" - you meant it to be funny, right?

How long has Thompson been "around the league"? He also played "in the league", did you? He also trained for years under a great GM, did you? You may not have meant that post as a joke but it is one. It does explain some of your other posts, though.

So don't respond to it or read it...Jack.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
If you really believe you would be doing a better job than Ted Thompson, you are the one in need of some serious self-examination. Whether you know it or not, your allegation was a joke.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is also HIGHLY possible that the Raiders are BONE HEADS !!! They have been notorious for making bone head moves over the past 20 years or so. They drafted darius hayward bay because he could run a 4.1 40 yard dash, but had hands of stone and the brain of a circus chimp, the dude can't manage even simple routes. They over pay people, that is just what they do and they are good at what they do. If there is any team that needs a lesson in drafting, it is the Raiders.....they also need a lesson in trading, they suck at that too.

Not saying what you said isnt correct, as it very well could be, but NONE of us know any facts of that matter. But the FACT that the Raiders are just an organization of free spending idiots is indeed a well know fact.

You do realize that the Raiders are one of the best franchises in the history of the NFL and went to a SB in the past 20 years and got another stolen from them bc of the tuck rule right? You start ranking people who have done the most in the history of professional football and its going to look like this 1. George Halas 2. Al Davis 3. Paul Brown

Those bone head raiders are responsible for molding Ron Wolf. I give you that the raiders have had a bad decade but Al davis was far from a bone head, he was a football icon, and he was the Raiders.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you really believe you would be doing a better job than Ted Thompson, you are the one in need of some serious self-examination. Whether you know it or not, your allegation was a joke.

He wanted Coleman to be the back up to Rodgers this season and only screams for big name players, I think we know how he would do running a team.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
He wanted Coleman to be the back up to Rodgers this season and only screams for big name players, I think we know how he would do running a team.
We would be like the cowboys heading into next year about 35 mill over the cap and our record would suck worse than it is now and we would be like the lions were for years with Matt Millen at the helm?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We would be like the cowboys heading into next year about 35 mill over the cap and our record would suck worse than it is now and we would be like the lions were for years with Matt Millen at the helm?

That's the best case scenario

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Lol oh Lord..why so serious man? we are talking football and simply stating our thoughts and feeling's haha relax. I can tell you that if i ran the Packers front office we would still have Charles Woodson, there would've been a solid backup at qb, Capers would be gone and we would be plaing a 4-3 defense, Newhouse would be unemployed, Brad Jones would be making league minimum, I could go on forever. Anyways, i wouldn't be as bad as you think i would be buddy..trust me. I've been around the game all 27 yr's of my life and i wouldn't treat the roster or front office like i was playing Madden.
Well after 27 years I'd have thought you'd recognize that you're not an NFL GM. Please don't take this wrong but I wonder what the rest of your immediate friend/family circle thinks of your opinions?
I don't think there were ANY Matt Flynn haters on this site but I do recognize the caution many felt. He was bounced around quite a bit since leaving Green Bay. That's how many NFL GMs? There weren't alot of team scrambling to pick up Matt Flynn since Buffalo and there are quite a few NFL teams who could use a capable starter. So it's not just a few GMs, it's many of them.
Look Rodell, you're a negative kind of guy. People generally don't come here to bash the team. So you should know you're going to be met with criticism when you talk down the team we are fans of.
I can't ever remember someone authoring an "I told you so" thread. No offense, but your claim to have been right isn't exactly earth shattering. Hey, you're still in favor of firing coach Capers too right?
Let's see how that plays out.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score

Which is it?
Easy format, A or B.

Neither. It's okay they brought him back. There weren't many other options.
Not a mistake to not have brought him in sooner, they had all the QBs they needed at the time. I'd say the timing was near perfect and it sure seemed right to have him get in the game at that time.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regardless of his views, chest thumping or whatever Rodell doesn't need to be insulted or ridiculed like he has. No matter how flat you make a pancake there are two sides to it. I don't have a problem with views that criticize the Packers. Does he color outside the lines a bit? Maybe. Still let's be a little more respectful. JMHO!

Staff online

Members online