Flynn haters are quiet..

H

HardRightEdge

All that spin and deflection aside, let's make this simple here, go out on a limb and state your opinion:

• A) Mistake to have brought Flynn back here, or
  • B) Mistake not to have done it 7 weeks sooner, or even on November 4th (the night Rodgers was hurt)?
Which is it?
Easy format, A or B.

Interesting historical piece here, from less than 3 years ago.

Do you mean what is my opinion now with 20/20 hind sight? Or are you asking what one's opinion should have 7 weeks ago? Conveniently enough, I already answered both.

robertk328

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not you in particular relax lol. There were alot of Fynn doubters is my point. If not for him we get beat.
Is there a separate thread for doubters? I thought this was the haters thread. I'm so confused. ;)

I was nervous after he bounced around with a "bad elbow" but he did a great job, let's see how tomorrow goes! Go Pack Go!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you mean what is my opinion now with 20/20 hind sight? Or are you asking what one's opinion should have 7 weeks ago? Conveniently enough, I already answered both.
I can't remember your opinions from 3, 6 weeks ago.
I just know there were some of us who wanted Flynn brought in right away, based on what he did with us previously, in this offense.
And I remember there were some others who, only because the Packers were not bringing him in at that time, said he must be washed up, or damaged goods, due to only the fact that we weren't bringing him in..... but then we brought him in, and low and behold, he saved a game for us in the 2nd half.... so........

H

HardRightEdge

I can't remember your opinions from 3, 6 weeks ago.
I just know there were some of us who wanted Flynn brought in right away, based on what he did with us previously, in this offense.
And I remember there were some others who, only because the Packers were not bringing him in at that time, said he must be washed up, or damaged goods, due to only the fact that we weren't bringing him in..... but then we brought him in, and low and behold, he saved a game for us in the 2nd half.... so........

You don't have to remember what I said 3 or 6 weeks ago. I all but repeated that opinion in the last few posts.

I said he could be damaged goods; there was evidence to suggest that was the case. I also said by all means bring him in for a look seek, but that even if he passes a physical that doesn't mean there are no arm issues; that's still the case.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don't have to remember what I said 3 or 6 weeks ago. I all but repeated that opinion in the last few posts.

I said he could be damaged goods; there was evidence to suggest that was the case. I also said by all means bring him in for a look seek, but that even if he passes a physical that doesn't mean there are no arm issues; that's still the case.
COULD be?
That's what I thought.

Obviously he wasn't.

H

HardRightEdge

COULD be?
That's what I thought.

Obviously he wasn't.
No, he wasn't, so far as we know, but that's not the point.

You had no way of knowing that. For about the third time, you were guessing, and being right on a guess is nothing to brag about.

Still...he could have an iffy wing. Time will tell.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

• A) Mistake to have brought Flynn back here, or
  • B) Mistake not to have done it 7 weeks sooner, or even on November 4th (the night Rodgers was hurt)?
Which is it?
Easy format, A or B.

2nd part of your B) questions can't be used...The Packers called him Nov 5th

This article is from the 13th, 9 days after Rodgers was hurt..

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/231792281.html

Flynn said the workout he took part in Monday was finalized last Tuesday, so the Packers were bringing him in despite having both Seneca Wallace and Scott Tolzien. Flynn said he was under the impression that if he threw well he woud be signed.

They called him the day after Rodgers was hurt...This tells me that he was on their radar, which (to me) means that they knew they had a serious issue with the backup q.b...

What is very odd is Matt was cut by the Bills on the 4th (night Rodgers was hurt) so the football gods made him available at the right time

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It is also HIGHLY possible that the Raiders are BONE HEADS !!! They have been notorious for making bone head moves over the past 20 years or so. They drafted darius hayward bay because he could run a 4.1 40 yard dash, but had hands of stone and the brain of a circus chimp, the dude can't manage even simple routes. They over pay people, that is just what they do and they are good at what they do. If there is any team that needs a lesson in drafting, it is the Raiders.....they also need a lesson in trading, they suck at that too.

Not saying what you said isnt correct, as it very well could be, but NONE of us know any facts of that matter. But the FACT that the Raiders are just an organization of free spending idiots is indeed a well know fact.

What does their 20 year history have to do with a guy that has been in in charge for one year and was trained by Ted? This is a different Raider team that people have been accustomed to seeing.

Some may say there were red flags with Matt with being cut by two teams relatively quick...

I point to the Raiders more so because of the fact Reggie knew Matt, knew what his was all about..Yet, something was so bad they cut him and still had to pay him 6.5 million on Oct 7th..

I believe that when the Raiders cut him, the Packers did call Reggie to find out what was wrong, and that is why he wasnt brought in then by Ted..

As you stated, with out knowing for a fact if he was called, or not called on Oct 7th, hard to say if it was a mistake or not..

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
It's still a tad early Roddell, if Flynn had come in and basically demolished the vikes and we won 48 - 23, then you would be correct. He did help to bring us back, but couldnt pull the trigger on the win in real time or OT and we had a couple chances. The real Flynn test comes on turkey day, he can pass that test, then it's for real. I am not a flynn hater, I think he should have never left, but then I am not a GM.

Besides, out of all the outlandish posts you make, and normally end up getting flammed for them and you being WRONG, you get one prediction that you think is correct so far and you have to make an entire "I told ya so" thread? Wow, enjoy your simple in your own mind win.
Fact of the matter is we still didnt win, a tie is not a win, nor a loss. So hold your told ya so's for another 4 days.

No slam on Roddell intended here although I don't see how this thread can go on and on and on ... the back and forth makes me feel like I'm watching a match at Wimbledon ... I'm only responding this far into the thread because Oshfan summed up my feelings on the matter AND I wanted to use the following photo somewhere:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Definitely a tough half of football to watch, but ... it's all gonna come together in the 2nd half. The D will hold Detroit to only 125 yards rushing in the second half. You heard it here....

Offense is 3 and out constantly ... the D has to be sucking air in addition to sucking in general.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts