Flynn haters are quiet..

H

HardRightEdge

Add in that reggie mckenzie studied matt in college.. Knew all about him AND still cut him, with all that money owed makes no sense

Absolutely. And McKenzie was in our front office for the 4 years Flynn was with the team. The fact Oakland cut him so quickly, and to avoid "distractions", makes it doubly confounding.

We'll just have to wait and see if there's some skeleton in the closet nobody wants to talk about yet.

The problem could have been what I suggested earlier. These teams wanted to win NOW and were disappointed that Flynn took slowly to the learning curve...they wanted a franchise QB with a sharp football mind, not a gritty gamer. That Flynn might be a slow study might have been disguised in the past by extended years of coaching and bench warming before being called upon to play.

Go ahead and mark this post "optimistic", because if the problem is simply he's a slow study then we shouldn't have a problem so long as MM is coach, with his incremental scheme changes from year to year.

We'll have to wait and see.

H

HardRightEdge

Better late than never I guess.
Should have signed Flynn the moment Oakland released him.

What more did the guy have to prove, show, here in this system, this offense, other than setting a franchise all-time record, not Starr, Farve, or Rodgers, and oh by the way WINNING the game.
He also played great AT New England, in primetime, in a big game, his first start.

What more should he have done?
He had like 9 or 10 TDs in those 2 games.

Seriously?
Forget what he did or didn't do in Oakland or Buffalo. Those programs are jokes.

And I, 5 years ago, started out as a Flynn-Hater.
I liked Brian Brohm more.
But I didn't let my pre-conceived notions fool what he did, and the facts showed.

I'm amazed Teddy Thompson was so stubborn and tried to keep avoiding bringing Flynn back that long.
Thank God Wallace got hurt and took himself out of the game. That forced TT to let MM get his guy back.

The Buffalo program is not a joke under Whaley/Marrone. With Manual healthy they'd beat us 2 out of 3...they have a real defense, not a gimmicky one. Are you saying Reggie McKenzie is a joke? And you conveniently stepped over the Seattle situation...are Schnieder and Carroll jokes? How you guys can totally ignore what happened over the last 2+ years as some sort of mirage...the "other guys" problem...is beyond me.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The Buffalo program is not a joke under Whaley/Marrone. With Manual healthy they'd beat us 2 out of 3...they have a real defense, not a gimmicky one. Are you saying Reggie McKenzie is a joke? And you conveniently stepped over the Seattle situation...are Schnieder and Carroll jokes? How you guys can totally ignore what happened over the last 2+ years as some sort of mirage...the "other guys" problem...is beyond me.

He is saying it was ted not allowing matt back... Would be funny if he knew ted wanted him but mike didnt...

Notice how no one mentions the detroit loss for matt..granted he was just tossed in but it is part of his work here

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is saying it was ted not allowing matt back... Would be funny if he knew ted wanted him but mike didnt...

Notice how no one mentions the detroit loss for matt..granted he was just tossed in but it is part of his work here

Yea he couldnt get a W against Detroit but ook what he did when he had time to prepare. Go toe to toe with Brady then put on athe clinic against Detroit...Dont foget to mention that part.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yea he couldnt get a W against Detroit but ook what he did when he had time to prepare. Go toe to toe with Brady then put on athe clinic against Detroit...Dont foget to mention that part.
Thats my argument for wallace

Thanks for proving my point

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
You will get credit, if it is due. But stating the obvious and then popping off an "i told ya so" thread....???...c'mon man. So, if I go outside and am the first one to say the sky is blue, do I get credit for the obvious as well? Maybe people would be more likely to jump on your train if not for the fact that every other day you are starting a thread that is soooo wacky and outlandish that 99% of us disagree with it.
No credit given for the obvious, sorry. Now what happens if for some odd reason flynn blows it out his *** vs the Lions? Do we get to have a come back "i told ya so" thread just for you?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOTALLY DIFFERENT OFFENSES.
You think there's a difference for a player in a 3-4 defense compared to a 4-3 defense?

Offense differ even more dramatically.
Plus for a QB, it can take time to learn the scheme, plays, to the point where the don't think out there.

Flynn had 4 years in our scheme, obviously (IF YOU USE YOUR EYES), he had a good grasp of our offense.
Perhaps he didn't get time in Buffalo or Oakland.

Remember, the Chargers cast Brees away.
And both the Rams and Giants cast Warner away, who would go on to lead his team to a Super Bowl later one year, and then go 35-38 with 4 TDs against us another year playoff game.
Teams occasionally make mistakes in judgment.

Fans here who were calling for Matt Flynn, 3, 5, 7 weeks ago. THESE fans were proven right, and anyone who still tries to argue that in any way..... are........ [insert adjective].

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Well Flynn DID it.
Wallace? He couldn't even last one drive, without being hit.

That point ended there.

ok

But since he did get hurt, cant say for sure what he would have done...But I think you would agree he would have done better than Scott

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Offense differ even more dramatically.
Plus for a QB, it can take time to learn the scheme, plays, to the point where the don't think out there.

Yup I said that for Wallace..

Few years under Holmgren, then a new guy there.,.Then shipped to Browns, and yet another oc

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats my argument for wallace

Thanks for proving my point

How so? Wallace win record for his career was under 500. Flynn has never really been a starter. The only thing your theory proves is Wallace was able to complete a couple **** and donk passes before getting hurt.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You will get credit, if it is due. But stating the obvious and then popping off an "i told ya so" thread....???...c'mon man. So, if I go outside and am the first one to say the sky is blue, do I get credit for the obvious as well? Maybe people would be more likely to jump on your train if not for the fact that every other day you are starting a thread that is soooo wacky and outlandish that 99% of us disagree with it.
No credit given for the obvious, sorry. Now what happens if for some odd reason flynn blows it out his *** vs the Lions? Do we get to have a come back "i told ya so" thread just for you?

If that makes you feel better..but Flynn is still the best option to lead this team while Rodgers is down so what point would you be proving? that he played bad against the Lions.? If you don't like my threads DON'T READ THEM. Problem solved.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
How so? Wallace win record for his career was under 500. Flynn has never really been a starter. The only thing your theory proves is Wallace was able to complete a couple **** and donk passes.

Stop with the win loss stuff...We all know that sometimes that isnt on the q/b (all the arguments on rodgers in 4th q losses)

You said Flynn stunk it up with out being prepared..With a guy that was in this system for how long and STILL stunk it up....But then went toe to toe with Brady with a week tp prepare

If you feel that way then for Flynn then why isnt it possible that Wallace could have done almost similar things?

Then you say his history shows he is a loser...

Then look up Josh Mckonwn history, it mirrors Wallace's.....Josh showing that just because a q/b under performs for YEARS....Right system can help a q/b to make him a winner...Josh for about 10 years was a loser and % of completions is worse than Wallace iirc, or very close to it...

Facts are there that it is very possible for Wallace to have been better than Scott..

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
If that makes you feel better..but Flynn is still the best option to lead this team while Rodgers is down so what point would you be proving? that he played bad against the Lions.? If you don't like my threads DON'T READ THEM. Problem solved.

Nobody is saying that Flynn is not the best option....... you wanting a cookie for stating the obvious is just crazy. I really hope that we don't have to revisit this thread after next Sunday.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely. And McKenzie was in our front office for the 4 years Flynn was with the team. The fact Oakland cut him so quickly, and to avoid "distractions", makes it doubly confounding.

We'll just have to wait and see if there's some skeleton in the closet nobody wants to talk about yet.

The problem could have been what I suggested earlier. These teams wanted to win NOW and were disappointed that Flynn took slowly to the learning curve...they wanted a franchise QB with a sharp football mind, not a gritty gamer. That Flynn might be a slow study might have been disguised in the past by extended years of coaching and bench warming before being called upon to play.

Go ahead and mark this post "optimistic", because if the problem is simply he's a slow study then we shouldn't have a problem so long as MM is coach, with his incremental scheme changes from year to year.

We'll have to wait and see.

I seem to remember the Packers being leery about him during the pre-season of his "breakout" year back in 2010. I believe Flynn was rarely better than mediocre on the Practice Field, but seemed to play well in action. Perhaps this explains why Flynn has struggled to claim a starter's position?

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody is saying that Flynn is not the best option....... you wanting a cookie for stating the obvious is just crazy. I really hope that we don't have to revisit this thread after next Sunday.

we won't..this thread was based on the Vikings game only. We can already see that he's clearly the best option as the backup so what would be the point of posting another thread stating that? Apparently the "obvious" wasn't to obvious as you did have people doubting flynn was the best option against the Vikings..hence why the thread was started. If we didn't have the doubters then we wouldn't be having this convo now would we?

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I seem to remember the Packers being leery about him during the pre-season of his "breakout" year back in 2010. I believe Flynn was rarely better than mediocre on the Practice Field, but seemed to play well in action. Perhaps this explains why Flynn has struggled to claim a starter's position?

It's proven that some guys just play well during live action. Maybe he's one of those guy's?? I remember we had a guy who would tear it up in practice and have th coaches all excited..but when they put him in the game he wouldn't do didly squat. We also had a guy who really didn't practice hard, but when it was game time he turned into a completely different guy.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
we won't..this thread was based on the Vikings game only. We can already see that he's clearly the best option as the backup so what would be the point of posting another thread stating that? Apparently the "obvious" wasn't to obvious as you did have people doubting flynn was the best option against the Vikings..hence why the thread was started. If we didn't have the doubters then we wouldn't be having this convo now would we?

No, the thread was started because you wanted an "atta boy" because you thought you were correct, but in reality, you just stated the obvious truth...in which MANY other people on here stated, ESPN people stated, NFL network people stated.... all before you decided to start another thread. I said I hope we don'y have to revisit this because I want flynn to succeed, not fail, but if he does stink it up for some reason, you better bet that I will be on here to blow it up lol

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, the thread was started because you wanted an "atta boy" because you thought you were correct, but in reality, you just stated the obvious truth...in which MANY other people on here stated, ESPN people stated, NFL network people stated.... all before you decided to start another thread. I said I hope we don'y have to revisit this because I want flynn to succeed, not fail, but if he does stink it up for some reason, you better bet that I will be on here to blow it up lol

Ok then what would be the point of your argument? to argue Tolzien is the best option now haha. Ok man, whatever floats your boat. But even after you're done Flynn is still going to be the best option after Rodgers so......

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Ok then what would be the point of your argument? to argue Tolzien is the best option now haha. Ok man, whatever floats your boat.

Where the HELL did I say that? Do you have an issue with comprhending what you read? Seriously dude, c'mon....now you are putting word in my mouth I never said to make yourself look better and to try to justify a point that you think YOU came up with. Fine Roddell, here, have a cookie..... you should run the packers front office.....then I would have a valid excuse to become a vikes fan.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where the HELL did I say that? Do you have an issue with comprhending what you read? Seriously dude, c'mon....now you are putting word in my mouth I never said to make yourself look better and to try to justify a point that you think YOU came up with. Fine Roddell, here, have a cookie..... you should run the packers front office.....then I would have a valid excuse to become a vikes fan.

Lol oh Lord..why so serious man? we are talking football and simply stating our thoughts and feeling's haha relax. I can tell you that if i ran the Packers front office we would still have Charles Woodson, there would've been a solid backup at qb, Capers would be gone and we would be plaing a 4-3 defense, Newhouse would be unemployed, Brad Jones would be making league minimum, I could go on forever. Anyways, i wouldn't be as bad as you think i would be buddy..trust me. I've been around the game all 27 yr's of my life and i wouldn't treat the roster or front office like i was playing Madden.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Lol oh Lord..why so serious man? we are talking football and simply stating our thoughts and feeling's haha relax. I can tell you that if i ran the Packers front office we would still have Charles Woodson, there would've been a solid backup at qb, Capers would be gone and we would be plaing a 4-3 defense, Newhouse would be unemployed, Brad Jones would be making league minimum, I could go on forever. Anyways, i wouldn't be as bad as you think i would be buddy..trust me. I've been around the game all 27 yr's of my life and i wouldn't treat the roster or front office like i was playing Madden.

Well then, a 27 year resume speaks for itself..... go apply for the job. You got my vote pal !!!

anyone know where to get vikes or bears jerseys on the cheap?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1410 Museum Campus Dr, Chicago, IL

and

9520 Viking Dr, Eden Prairie, MN

They are practically giving them away...authentic ones

Members online

Latest posts