Ted Thompson Era Should Be Over

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's ludicrous to have TT here two more years. No way should that be the plan.
Agreed. It's a scary thought. I talked about having an athletic Middle Linebacker in the forum for the past couple seasons now. I wanted Deion Jones and or Myles Jack... The way middle linebackers have evovled (into the safety/lineacker hyrid), they gotta be able to cover the darren sproles and devonte freemans. Thompsons seems to ignorant to chagne. Hopefully Elliot Wolf can step in and address many changes.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I'm definitely for blowing up our scouting department. We can't be drafting any more DBs out of the Pac-12, they don't play defense in that conference.

Richard Sherman, Marcus Peters, Sean Smith, Desmond Trufant, and Jimmy Smith say hi.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. It's a scary thought. I talked about having an athletic Middle Linebacker in the forum for the past couple seasons now. I wanted Deion Jones and or Myles Jack... The way middle linebackers have evovled (into the safety/lineacker hyrid), they gotta be able to cover the darren sproles and devonte freemans. Thompsons seems to ignorant to chagne. Hopefully Elliot Wolf can step in and address many changes.

Our MLBers can't stop the run let alone think about pass coverage.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Despite Thompson's heavy investment on the defensive side of the ball there are very few players worth keeping.
Thompson needs to go and give the Packers a fresh start with a new philosophy and better drafting.
Draft and develop will only work if a GM is decent at drafting.
Thompson is not that guy!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Despite Thompson's heavy investment on the defensive side of the ball there are very few players worth keeping.
Thompson needs to go and give the Packers a fresh start with a new philosophy and better drafting.

What's weird is that he has a lot of hits on offense. So I'm wondering if the staff's ability to develop talent on defense isn't a big part of the problem.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hence why I mentioned scouting. He's not getting scouting worth a crap on these positions.

Also, I noticed someone changed my title. My hope is that we don't have to fire Ted because he'll resign and step back into more of an advisory role in this organization. But he's gotta do it because if this front office doesn't get some new methods to fix the injury-depleted areas of this team, it's going to be the same old thing next year.

We don't have to win a superbowl every year to consider Rodgers's career a success, but we sure can do better than just 1 in 20 years.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At one point in the first half I told my brother in law it looked like Rodgers was trying to scale a cliff face with sacks full of diahrea ridden cats tied around his ankles.

Couldn't agree more, the effort some of those guys put out there today I just couldn't help but think man how can you do this to the guy who's stuck his neck out there for you? Interesting how one of my friends ripped on Favre after he left this team talking about his gunslinging and uber aggressive playing style and glad he didn't have to see it. But when you really look at how this team let Rodgers down today and did the same at times to Favre, you almost want to forgive number 4 for all those times he rolled out and tried to make something out of nothing.

H

HardRightEdge

I think TT and Capers should gracefully retire to Jupiter, FL. They could make it a foursome with Wolf and the Tuna. Spring training baseball is right around the corner.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At one point in the first half I told my brother in law it looked like Rodgers was trying to scale a cliff face with sacks full of diahrea ridden cats tied around his ankles.
Not sure what all of the metaphors really mean... but the imagery created is astounding! ;)

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember during the Favre saga of 2008 someone started firetedthompson.com? It no longer exists but someone should fire it up again.

H

HardRightEdge

Couldn't agree more, the effort some of those guys put out there today I just couldn't help but think man how can you do this to the guy who's stuck his neck out there for you? Interesting how one of my friends ripped on Favre after he left this team talking about his gunslinging and uber aggressive playing style and glad he didn't have to see it. But when you really look at how this team let Rodgers down today and did the same at times to Favre, you almost want to forgive number 4 for all those times he rolled out and tried to make something out of nothing.
At 17 - 0, you could see the air go out of the defense.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ultimately if the Packers front office is satisfied with going 10-6 and getting into the playoffs, TT will stay and serve up another woeful defense in 2017. If championships are the goal changes will have to be made because we have had six years in a row of the same old mess.

Scotland Yard

What the hell is going on around here!
Reaction score
TT has drafted one good pass rusher (Clay) and zero high caliber starting quality CB's in 12 years (Williams & Shields both UDFA's).

There's a clue as to why the defense crashes and burns every playoffs.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ultimately if the Packers front office is satisfied with going 10-6 and getting into the playoffs, TT will stay and serve up another woeful defense in 2017. If championships are the goal changes will have to be made because we have had six years in a row of the same old mess.
You really believe that the team rather not win a SB?

You know that's not true... Stop thinking you know how this team reacts to loses.

If some posters knew, half your posts wouldn't happen

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at all the early picks that have been used to address defense. Clark 1st, Datone 1st, Perry 1st, Randall 1st, Clinton-Dix 1st, Matthews 1st, Rollins 2nd, Worthy 2nd, Fackrell 3rd, Burnett 3rd...I know there are others that have come and gone.

That is just woeful incompetence on the part of Thompson. Every year is a 'draft defense' and every year it doesn't matter. I cannot believe this guy has a reputation for drafting so well when we use high picks on D every single year and yet every single year he still can't assemble a good D.

Members online

Latest posts