Fire Capers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Surely that could only be decided if he ACTUALLY has an interview ?

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When Capers has talent his defenses perform well. Buddy Ryan couldn't do anything with their secondary right now. When Rollins and Randall were off the field ladt night, the defense actually performed better which shows that when they are on field the defense hits rock bottom and they have to get better with other people on the field. If want to blame a coach instead of the GM, blame the CB coach for not "developing" two players who have drastically regressed this year.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is the crazy thing about the secondary. They were the third best secondary the 2nd half of last season according to pff behind Denver and New England. Now Hayward and Shields are gone obviously. But Randall has regressed and been hurt all year. Rollins who seemed prime to jump up regressed as well. This secondary was primed to be pretty darn good and an injury and then unforeseen regression has killed it. The question is how much of the regression is coaching and how much is the players not being good. Why the drop off?

H

HardRightEdge

When Capers has talent his defenses perform well.
That pretty much makes him average at best. But my primary beef with him goes to defensive culture, his defenses wobbling or collapsing late in games. Further, his career track record of hot starts followed by sliding performance at each of his stops suggests a possibility: he's been the lucky beneficiary of inherited talent followed by a failure to develop their replacements.
When Rollins and Randall were off the field last night, the defense actually performed better which shows that when they are on field the defense hits rock bottom and they have to get better with other people on the field.
Then why not blame the coach for not having the best combination of players on the field rather than discovering it by accident? I admit to disappointment in saying Whitt has to take some of the blame after suggesting he might be a good candidate for DC. He does, however, have a pretty decent body of work. Let's see how they finish.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HardRightEdge

Well said
These guys have been banged up off and on all season. We had pundits and posters cutting Adams after last season after "regressing" in year 2, failing to recognize he was limping around on the field half the time. I would not discount a return to progression with these guys next season if they get back to healthy.

It's the coaches job to assess whether a starter at 80% (or whatever number applies in these cases) is better than a healthy bench player or a guy playing out of his normal position.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This D is so bad it changes strategy. Let's say we have the ball on the Giants 45 with 1:53 to go. We're up 35-33. It's 4th and 2. What would l do? Go for it. Why? I trust Rodgers to make something happen over that D. Giants get the ball to start ot? Onside kick. I'm tired of watching them cost us games late ( Ala 49ers in 14) or Rodgers not getting the ball in OT (Last two years).

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just watched Brandon Marshall dis Capers on Inside the NFL. Basically said 'Capers has been running the same defense forever and everybody knows about it'

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Just watched Brandon Marshall dis Capers on Inside the NFL. Basically said 'Capers has been running the same defense forever and everybody knows about it'

LOL....Brandon Marshall....whose teams are 2-6 against the Packers? LOL

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
brian billick SB winning coach on wssp big show

If people want Capers fired, they know nothing about football

H

HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge on PackerForum just said that if people know Capers, they want him fired

:D
Well, he broke form and followed my advice by having Gunter mirror Beckham with top side help. So he's got that going for him. ;)

In the end, it's about the body of work, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts