1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Fire Capers

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by azrsx05, Sep 9, 2012.

1. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Because he has experience playing in the 3-4 defense he has done a great job with Matthews and has done his best with what he has to work with Walden, Zombo and the like. He is a motivator and no doubt could probably have an upside unlike Capers who has given up an average of 44 points in the Packers last 3 playoff losses. Greene can add an assistant with play calling expertise if so needed at first. The main thing is Capers MUST GO!!!

2. melvin dangerr

melvin dangerr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +105
    We could really use some serious nasty upfront, and in the middle...

3. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    Capers bears blame for one thing. He should have be playing a lot more zone. Force the weirdo to beat you with his arm and contain his runs.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. mradtke66

mradtke66 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +191
    Pretty sure you mean Perry and Bishop (both of your guys are ILBs.)

Otherwise, yes, I agree. Their presence would have been noted in run defense. I'm really thinking we need more from "other OLB" and ILB in general--at least depth. Still stuck with Hawk due to his contract and complete ILBs are rare. Crud.

5. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994
    He is gone if he doesnt get a promotion is what I heard at start of camp...

Edgar Bennet went from Rb coach to Wr coach...He never was a WR..So it is not heard of for a guy coach something he hasnt hand a ton of time with..

But Kevin has been under Dom a while, sees how things are "Suppose to be done" and has playing experience, plus we all know he has a mean streak..

However we do not know his inner workings on how he handles things...So that is why it is hard for a regular fan to give a true ringing endorsement

6. melvin dangerr

melvin dangerr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +105
    One could only hope he takes a Philly, or San Diego coaching job....

7. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    I'd welcome the idea at least for serious consideration. However, he declined Miami's offer in 2010 and he declined the Colts last year. What makes you think he'll jump now?

8. Sunshine885500

Sunshine885500 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +49
    What it means: The Packers' season ended exactly as it began: With a mismatch against the San Francisco 49ers. The Packers sent 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick into the NFL record books with a porous defensive showing that should rekindle an offseason discussion about their approach on that side of the ball.

What I didn't like: The Packers had no answer for Kaepernick. Worse, it wasn't clear what -- if any -- plan they had for stopping him on the read-option play. Kaepernick didn't just have an eye-popping game. He set an NFL record for rushing yards by a quarterback in a game (183), averaging 13.1 yards per carry and scoring touchdowns on dashes of 56 and 20 yards. The Packers' defense didn't so much as touch him on either run. Linebacker Clay Matthews served as a spy on Kaepernick on a couple plays, but for the most part the Packers relied on a base look that has been scorched on outside runs this season. Watching Matthews and fellow outside linebacker Erik Walden fooled on the option was disconcerting to say the least.

What could happen: It is more than fair to scrutinize the job performance of defensive coordinator Dom Capers, and not just because the 49ers put up a stunning 579 yards of offense. The Packers didn't look sharp against the read option last weekend against the Minnesota Vikings, and it's clear they didn't clean up the confusion thereafter in practice. When you put Kaepernick's performance together with the 409 yards that Vikings tailback Adrian Petersongained in two regular season games, you have an issue that cropped up all season, was never fully corrected and ultimately ended the Packers' season. Were the Packers just mismatched physically in those situations? Or should Capers have found a solution? That's a question coach Mike McCarthy must address in the coming weeks.

9. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    Sorry, but I simply can't get on board with a first-timer at DC given that we are a perennial contender right now. If we were coming off a 5-11 season with very little talent on defense, I might be more open to it, but not now.

10. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,481
    Again, do you guys really think the result would have been significantly different tonight with a healthy Bishop/Smith/Perry? I don't.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    Those were some awesome 2nd half adjustments

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,994
    Then where is your list

13. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,994
    Not sure if we win, but I am pretty sure we dont get blown out

You think Walden and Jones are the same talent level as Bishop and Perry

14. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    Yes, that's what I meant. I think of Smith as a possible replacement to Hawk in the next year or two as he gets a little older.

15. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    I don't have one. But Greene wouldn't be on it. Not enough experience.

16. mradtke66

mradtke66 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +191
    I'm not sure about that, but I'd like to be wrong. Hawk normally plays the strong-side position, aka, thumper while Bishop plays the weakside, playmaker position.

I think part of the reason Hawk sticks is because we don't really have another body on the roster built appropriate to take on blocks. Hawk's not very good at it, but at least he looks like he should. I'm not sure you can say that about any of our backups and I'd like to keep Bishop where he is. He does a good job making plays from a non-playmaking position.

17. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,994
    Those were some bad attempts of using multiple user names..

Have fun in the banned zone

18. Sunshine885500

Ratings:
    +49
    The Packers defense really hasn't been crap since the Reggie White, Gilbert Brown days. We have too many D lineman that are much better suited for playing a 4-3 scheme in stead of a 3-4 scheme. Rai, Worthy, Daniels, Neal, Wilson, Pickett, & Perry would all work well along the defensive front. Most excel at pinching and splitting the Gap instead of lining head-up over the Tackle and Center and trying to hold up at the Point of Attack.

19. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    Perry isn't a lineman.

20. Sunshine885500

Ratings:
    +49
    I wish that we could Trade Hawk to the Raiders in exchange for Renado Mclain. Even though he has been in trouble off the field he might be able to turn things around and is much more physical then Hawk.

21. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,994

Then here is the question..

You fire Dom, do you force new dc to make the players work..Or only hire a Dc that can use your players

22. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    I was talking about Smith eventually replacing Hawk, not Bishop.

23. Sunshine885500

Ratings:
    +49
    Perry isn't a line man but could easily convert to a defensive end.

24. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,994
    Didnt Perry have issues with being in 3-4 and rather be in 4-3 with both hands down?

25. mradtke66

mradtke66 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +191
    I understood you, I don't think it'll work. If you start Smith and Bishop, who's the big body that takes on blocks? In your suggestion, that would be Smith. I see that working out poorly.

26. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    Yes. But in a 4-3 you'd really want him to bulk up to about 275-280. 263 is a bit light and I'm leery of small DEs ever since Jamal Reynolds.