Fire Capers

Status
Not open for further replies.

12theTruth

Pretty damning stat.

Last 3 Packers postseason losses. The Packers defense led by Capers have given up an average of 44 points

Goodbye and Good Riddance DOM!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You are the nitpicker. You have zeroed in on my posts when others have said much the same thing as I have. I never said I didn't want to run the 3-4.

I have replied to at least 4 different posters last 3 pages plus YOU so thats at least 5 different posters I have convs with...

You have only quoted me...

Burnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am the deflector!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy now??

But answer my ?

With Jordy, Rodgers, Jones out..Do we score more than 10 points a game...Or do we not skip a beat?

We all know we dont score to much...

is it MM fault?--not entirely all his fault----is the answer

Not enough talent is the reason for not scoring enough---not having talent at key spots hurts a ton..do not know what can be done with quality players in key spots..

Thats all I wanted 13..But you just love to nit pick

So Dom doesnt have quality players in key spots hurts him as his hands are tied..That lands on Ted...However Dom still is to blame for not planning to his players abilities..

I think our offense accomodated itself very well the last two seasons. We had an offensive line that had a free agent playing tackle. they would have been more proficient had a defense been allowed them to play tonight. The defense failed miserably tonight and has been more of the problem going back to last year. Call it nitpicking or your bias against a certain poster.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Pretty damning stat.

Last 3 Packers postseason losses. The Packers defense led by Capers have given up an average of 44 points

Yup it is time to move on..

But we do need someone to take our players..

I wonder if Kevin can be kept and become our DC

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have replied to at least 4 different posters last 3 pages plus YOU so thats at least 5 different posters I have convs with...

You have only quoted me...

Burnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

No others have quoted me have they?

Burnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think our offense accomodated itself very well the last two seasons. We had an offensive line that had a free agent playing tackle. they would have been more proficient had a defense been allowed them to play tonight. The defense failed miserably tonight and has been more of the problem going back to last year. Call it nitpicking or your bias against a certain poster.

You win...I can only hit head on wall so many times..

I am done

kaiser7ko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didnt say keep him here..

I said he didnt have the talent to make it work..

My post was in no way directed at you but more at the general turmoil and split opinion of Packers fans after a loss like this. I feel that its fair to say there is a clear divide between those who feel that Capers in infallible after helping the packers to a superbowl a few years ago whilst others have grown tired of his seemingly prehistoric gameplans and adjustments to the modern NFL offensive schemes. Watching him constantly call man coverage whilst Kaepernick laughed his way to 20 yards a run was excruciating to watch. And I was merely trying to convey my opinion on the matter in that I feel it is time for change. Two years is a reasonable sample of where a defence ( or even offence/special teams) is heading. And given the last 2 year sample I feel this current defence is heading nowhere under Capers oversight. And being realistic how many players were we down tonight from our best 11? Bishop ( Probably the biggest loss to our D this year, great physical presence at the hear of the D) and Perry ( a rookie who is relatively untested and only shown flashes so far, I feel given his body of work no-one can really say having Walden in is a big drop off)

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My post was in no way directed at you but more at the general turmoil and split opinion of Packers fans after a loss like this. I feel that its fair to say there is a clear divide between those who feel that Capers in infallible after helping the packers to a superbowl a few years ago whilst others have grown tired of his seemingly prehistoric gameplans and adjustments to the modern NFL offensive schemes. Watching him constantly call man coverage whilst Kaepernick laughed his way to 20 yards a run was excruciating to watch. And I was merely trying to convey my opinion on the matter in that I feel it is time for change. Two years is a reasonable sample of where a defence ( or even offence/special teams) is heading. And given the last 2 year sample I feel this current defence is heading nowhere under Capers oversight. And being realistic how many players were we down tonight from our best 11? Bishop ( Probably the biggest loss to our D this year, great physical presence at the hear of the D) and Perry ( a rookie who is relatively untested and only shown flashes so far, I feel given his body of work no-one can really say having Walden in is a big drop off)

You provide such clarity to the issue.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still not ready to hang Capers. I'm really putting most of my blame on Jones and Walden. They did a poor job of doing their job, which let Kaepernick run wild on designed runs.

Hjalmar Davidson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Normally I dont favor firing a coach unless you have a good reason, a better idea or another direction. But, I'm not sure that Dom can get the job done any longer. Tonights game was a total meltdown. Just not nearly good enough. Did nobody get the memo that Kaep can run with the ball ? At some point you have to say that its not working out because if you dont, you are sending a message whats happening is acceptable. So, I would say go ahead and send a message loud and clear to coaches and players that what went on in San Fran was not Packer football. The surest way to be mediocre is to be afraid to go after excellence. Let TT figure it out ; see ya Dom :unsure:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm still not ready to hang Capers. I'm really putting most of my blame on Jones and Walden. They did a poor job of doing their job, which let Kaepernick run wild on designed runs.

That is more along my thinking..

If we had other quality starters...Does our def look better? We will never know is the point..

So then it makes me think we need a diff DC

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is more along my thinking..

If we had other quality starters...Does our def look better? We will never know is the point..

So then it makes me think we need a diff DC

It's a circular mess. It's hard to fix everything on the roster in one year. Honestly, a good effort was made. Results generally positive. Apparently, we're still looking for solid, if not spectacular 3rd and 4th OLB.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So the Steelers are a traditionally "finesse" defense?

That's what I'm saying. I think that poster is nuts. 3-4 teams are typically rougher. I think he, like a lot of people just see "3 linemen is less than 4, so they must be more finesse!" without really understanding the difference.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Pretty damning stat.

Goodbye and Good Riddance DOM!

WHO? Who do you endorse to replace him? It's gotta be a 3-4 guy because we don't need to be rebuilding our defense personnel-wise during Rodgers' peak years.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's a circular mess. It's hard to fix everything on the roster in one year. Honestly, a good effort was made. Results generally positive. Apparently, we're still looking for solid, if not spectacular 3rd and 4th OLB.

We have them. Bishop and Smith. Those guys are way better than Jones/Walden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts