Fire Capers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
This could be a hot take but I dont think Capers will be fired. They will just use Rodgers being injured as an excuse to keep him.

But if in the slight chance he is fired this thread needs to be archived. It would have been a 5 year run of this thread.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This could be a hot take but I dont think Capers will be fired. They will just use Rodgers being injured as an excuse to keep him.

But if in the slight chance he is fired this thread needs to be archived. It would have been a 5 year run of this thread.

If that's the case, fans should boycott for 2018. Make Lambeau look like Jacksonville South.

Reese2017

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stay away from fisher he's already ruined careers and almost ruined goff , Marvin Lewis is a attack defense so you need hard nosed guys and you only a few

OP
OP
A

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they don't get rid of him this year. This regime officially has accepted mediocrity.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Rex Ryan may be too high of a price....but omg he would be tremendous. Aranda?
Define "too high of price" and then look at what Matthews and Perry are costing the Packers on defense. Not saying you way over pay a DC, but when you are cash flush like the Packers, I wouldn't pinch pennies when it comes to trying to improve the coaching of the defense.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Define "too high of price" and then look at what Matthews and Perry are costing the Packers on defense. Not saying you way over pay a DC, but when you are cash flush like the Packers, I wouldn't pinch pennies when it comes to trying to improve the coaching of the defense.
Stop making sense! this is a family program...

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BR is saying Del Rio may not come back to the Raiders(50/50 Chance)....I'd easily take him for the "cheap option". I don't think he'll command too high a price. Honestly I'll take just about anybody. Except that Aranda guy lambo keeps going on about.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rex Ryan may be too high of a price....but omg he would be tremendous. Aranda?

I only want Rex if we have a genius at offensive coordinator. Not a terrible idea but probably not a great on either. Would prefer just him as a DC but he isn't leaving TV for that.

I'd like Saban too but there is more money to go around in college. I just hope he does what Pete Carroll does and and want to prove he can coach in the NFL.

You always hear Gruden say on TV if I had this quarterback I'd still be working. He uses Aaron Rodgers name a lot when he uses that saying. If Green Bay offers him, I think he'd take it considering he started here and had a lot to do with Favre's success.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Abandon (not fire) Capers. Just leave him in Detroit next weekend, lock him in a bathroom or something. Screw it, fire him now. Let Winston Moss run the show from here on out. Dom is the worst coach in franchise history, enough of this loser.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I wonder how Kevin Greene would do if they could woo him back as a Defensive Coordinator? He sure gave a boost to the D when he was here on the staff.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder how Kevin Greene would do if they could woo him back as a Defensive Coordinator? He sure gave a boost to the D when he was here on the staff.
I've been saying that for years (even here) but it falls on dead ears.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy was asked about the plan going forward today, and while he didn't specifically mention Dom's name, he was adamant that it's time for people to be held accountable for the negative aspects of this team that keep recurring.
That at least sounds promising, but they will still have to get the right guy to replace him.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Listening to Chris Havel on the way home. He said he has on good source that Capers and his entire staff will be relieved...for whatever that is worth to you.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Listening to Chris Havel on the way home. He said he has on good source that Capers and his entire staff will be relieved...for whatever that is worth to you.
There seems to be more and more rumors that Capers will actually be gone this year.
I'm also not thrilled with the idea of promoting from within, we need fresh blood. It would be amazing just to see the DC on the sidelines. I would think that Green Bay would be an attractive destination, because you have to think McCarthy is going to give the new DC a lot of autonomy.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have one issue with the "fresh blood" take that I've heard from many. Most teams have a hierarchy and I would bet that the Packers defensive position coaches need to generally follow Caper's lead. I don't like cleaning house for the sake of cleaning house. If there is a good coach (such as Perry or maybe Moss), I would hope that they get a chance. No sense throwing out the baby with the bathwater just because you don't want to roll up your sleeves and do the dirty work.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Horrible! He got asked too leave because his OLBs did not integrate with the rest of the defense. He has no experience running and managing a staff. We have no idea on his creativity or even fundamental game planning. He would be a big step down from even Capers. It's not a job you can do just because you are a great player or if you are enthusiastic.

But I am really curious, why do you think he would be a good choice?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he was a good personality to have on the defensive side, but I have zero impressions he'd make a good candidate as the head guy in charge of the entire defense.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have one issue with the "fresh blood" take that I've heard from many. Most teams have a hierarchy and I would bet that the Packers defensive position coaches need to generally follow Caper's lead. I don't like cleaning house for the sake of cleaning house. If there is a good coach (such as Perry or maybe Moss), I would hope that they get a chance. No sense throwing out the baby with the bathwater just because you don't want to roll up your sleeves and do the dirty work.
OTOH I would think most Def Coordinators would want to bring in their own people. And I would be fine with that. So choose someone that shows he has what it takes by also knowing who he is going to bring in as position coaches. Not only his scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts